Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this on August 23rd and everyone laughed....

anyone worried about gb's run game?
I know R. Grant is a top 10 RB in the NFL BUT....
So far this Pre-Season he has been so-so...
Our Oline's run blocking is iffy...
If Grant gets hurt its up to BJ and Lumpkin...

I know the run opens up our pass game but if Grant goes down teams can just drop 7 & 8 OR tee off on #12.

Anyone else have an opinion?

NOW 9-14-10, gb (1-0)
Grant gone for the season
how are we feeling about the rush attack now???????????

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're going to be fine. imo grant was overrated, gaining alot of his yards in the grinds after arod put us up by a bunch. he never seemed to break off any kind of long run save for a few flukes.

bjax will do well and kuhn will be solid, i can dream for a trade for jonathan stewart but i doubt it would happen.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever use Grant and underrated in the same sentence. He did what he had to do to get the ground game going, he wasn't ever expected to run like CJ or AP, but what he did worked for our offense by taking that extra pressure off the passing game. He's no superstar, but I don't think our offense needs a superstar, just someone to get the work done.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just think we need to have rodgers call more audibles, it seemed every time he audibled sunday the play he called after went for a first down

bravesman18

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I'm slightly worried about it, I don't like the way Jackson runs the ball, but he did have a little success after Grant went down. I wouldn't be worried as much if Lumpkin(is he on the roster, hurt, or what right now?) were to get the starting job. In the past couple of pre-seasons, he always seemed to be a very hard downhill runner, and I've wanted to see him get a real shot for quite a while now.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right now I'm slightly worried about it, I don't like the way Jackson runs the ball, but he did have a little success after Grant went down. I wouldn't be worried as much if Lumpkin(is he on the roster, hurt, or what right now?) were to get the starting job. In the past couple of pre-seasons, he always seemed to be a very hard downhill runner, and I've wanted to see him get a real shot for quite a while now.

Lumpkin was cut and signed by Tampa Bay.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the guys that claim it is going to be a disaster and doesnt even know about players status on the team

Would EVERYONE just SHUT UP?

If its game 5 and the running game is a disaster then, go ahead and panic...but calm the hell down

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, some of ridiculousness coming off this board now. Seriously, take a chill pill. There's really no need to panic whatsoever.

Yes, Jackson is "unproven," but so was Grant when we thrust him in there, and look how that turned out. For that matter, anyone remember Samkon Gado? That was another unproven back who turned out to do just fine for the time we needed him. Let's give Jackson a chance to step up before freaking out, eh?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, some of ridiculousness coming off this board now. Seriously, take a chill pill. There's really no need to panic whatsoever.

Yes, Jackson is "unproven," but so was Grant when we thrust him in there, and look how that turned out. For that matter, anyone remember Samkon Gado? That was another unproven back who turned out to do just fine for the time we needed him. Let's give Jackson a chance to step up before freaking out, eh?

I think we can call this

chicken little syndrome?

Shane Dockery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the guys that claim it is going to be a disaster and doesnt even know about players status on the team

Would EVERYONE just SHUT UP?

If its game 5 and the running game is a disaster then, go ahead and panic...but calm the hell down

Yep and yep. Jackson looked better than Grant on Sunday.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, Jackson was the heir apparent to Ahman Green until Grant came out of nowhere. We obviously saw something in him. The one thing that worries me about Jackson is that he is more prone to fumble than Grant. Grant never fumbled.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am not too worried, our air game is pretty good, and the ground game is there to take time off the clock. Jackson didn't look that bad on Sunday and most of us can agree on that, Kuhn was a pretty powerful runner who looks like he could get us a few points from the ten yard line. The part which hurt was Grant was starting to get himself rolling, and then got off track.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like people said, I'll wait till week 5.

Obviously, Jackson isn't as good as Grant. But Jackson is MILES better to the passing game than Grant. With Jackson back there, the pass protection is MUCH improved, and so is the RB checkdown (Grant runs awful routes).

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention that Jackson has to have improved since we picked him up in '07 as well. Plus we still have Starks on the PUP list. I think we're going to be fine.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like people said, I'll wait till week 5.

Obviously, Jackson isn't as good as Grant. But Jackson is MILES better to the passing game than Grant. With Jackson back there, the pass protection is MUCH improved, and so is the RB checkdown (Grant runs awful routes).
this

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was worried about the ground game before Grant was injured. Grant is a good back, Jackson is an unknown. The big plus is that this offense is easy on running backs. ARod and the passing game lead the offense.

I would like to see a FA signed. Justin Fargas and JJ Arrington are out there.

The Broncos just gave up a 4th round pick for Marouney. There are trade options out there. Marshawn Lynch and Jonathan Stewart can be had.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can call this

chicken little syndrome?

The reason people on the board are worried are because this is supposed to be a Super Bowl year. The Packers left themselves extremely thin at RB by keeping three fullbacks and only two halfbacks. Now, the Pack are down to one halfback and guy signed off Atlanta's practice squad.

There is no dominat team this year in the NFC. The Cowboys, Vikings and Falcons showed their weaknesses this weekend. The SB is wide open.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha the good news.....

the next 5 defenses the Pack will see are:

Bills,Bears,Lions,'Skins,'Fins

RUN BJ RUN

Can somone here honestly tell me what they see in Ryan Grant, honestly right here and tell me why his loss will not get us to the Superbowl...

Enlighten me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was worried about the ground game before Grant was injured. Grant is a good back, Jackson is an unknown. The big plus is that this offense is easy on running backs. ARod and the passing game lead the offense.

I would like to see a FA signed. Justin Fargas and JJ Arrington are out there.

The Broncos just gave up a 4th round pick for Marouney. There are trade options out there. Marshawn Lynch and Jonathan Stewart can be had.

You are under the thought that Ted will use a HIGH draft pick for someone..

Grant was drafted for a 6th

So look for a back that would be had for a 5th or 6th other wise dont hold your breath

Now if they decide to trade a player and a pick then yeah, maybe someone is out there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts