Anyone watch steelers vs. Browns thursday night?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow @ the Steelers

Losing to the Browns 13-6.

Now there will be huge pressure on us and the steelers to win. I hope the Pack don't underestimate them when they face off next weekend. I just never thought that this would happen, not many other people did.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got off watching the game and am starting to wonder about what Pittsburgh will do when we come to town. They are already out of playoff contention but will they man up and have their way with the pack? Or will they continue their bad play with green bay going undefeated to arizona?

OP
OP
T

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A mod can close my thread in the NFL news forum on this game if they want.

I was shocked the Browns won. I think the Steelers have the talent to turn around and beat teams. The Packers definitely should not overlook the Steelers and feed into the media. This is time to focus even more on the Bears and get ready for that grudge match.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Erie, which is virtually in right between Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Buffalo. So there's always tons of smack talk between Steeler and Browns fans around here everytime they play, though the general assumption is that the Steelers will always win. This was shocking to me, the wheels have really come off The Steelers. We really shouldn't overlook them, but I have a feeling our Defense is going to give Roethlisberger nightmares. The Browns were able to get 8 sacks on him, and this is the Browns we are talking about. They are the worst Defense statistically in the NFL. The Steelers also have a horrible secondary. Total interceptions by Steelers cornerbacks this year....ZERO! Palamalu may be out the rest of the year as well, so we should be favored going into that game.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got off watching the game and am starting to wonder about what Pittsburgh will do when we come to town. They are already out of playoff contention but will they man up and have their way with the pack? Or will they continue their bad play with green bay going undefeated to arizona?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets get through Chicago first and then worry about the Steelers. And don't forget Seattle- They might have something to say about the Packers going "undefeated" to Arizona.

Just saying. As we saw this evening, nothing is guaranteed, especially for division rivalries. Lets not forget we lost to Tampa, so it's entirely possible Chicago could find themselves playing lights out while we play like we did Monday night and could cream us. The Steelers are bound to be really pissed off, so that's not gonna be a cupcake either.

Lets focus on one game at a time.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those were some pretty rotten weather conditions for a passing game that PIT has been leaning on for the better part of their season. Roethlisberger was 18 of 32 for 201 meaningless yards & was sacked 8 times. They barely sniffed the RZ all night.

If someone had told me prior to the game that one of the teams would rush for a total of 171 yards I would have bet anything it would be PIT. They only managed 75 yards on the ground though & appeared to have lost their desire to win.

CLE was the team that looked better prepared. They wildcat their way to victory on the back of Josh Cribbs. It was pathetic watching PIT trying to defend that. They were effective stopping the traditional rushing attack of CLE but when Cribbs was taking the snap they seemed to be completely lost, kind of like when MIA beat the Patriots in '08.

GB may be catching PIT at the ideal time. They are in complete disarray & have a lot of time before they play again to ponder what could have been for them in '09. It may pull them together much like GB did after the TAM loss. The difference was GB still had half a season to go at that time & the post-season was still a very real possibility. For PIT now the door is just about shut & they might be on the verge of checking out psychologically after the humiliation of the CLE loss.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing this game did was scare me. It reminds me that a division rival is a division rival. And that you can't underestimate them no matter how poorly they are playing.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was shocked that the steelers lost,but their o-line for some reason is not getting it together,kind of like we were at the beginning of the year i noticed big ben getting sacked a lot,and then if you don't have the run going but we need to stay focused on the bears they could hurt us,more on special teams and field goals so i hope they can fix those things by then.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget about the locker room problems the Steelers had before the Browns loss. Ward was really pissed at Ben for taking a game off for a concussion. I don't think the Pack will take any team lightly after the Tampa loss, especially a road game, if anything the Pack can smell blood right now. If the Bengals soundly defeat the vikings this week all the more the Pack will be pumped for the Steelers game.

12-4 here we come and a viking implosion coming soon.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they have won 2 Super Bowls recently, so you can't be to upset if you are a Steelers fan. I mean spread the wealth around you know!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing to the Browns 13-6.

Now there will be huge pressure on us and the steelers to win. I hope the Pack don't underestimate them when they face off next weekend. I just never thought that this would happen, not many other people did.

Not quite as bad as losing to Tampa Bay, though?

I don't see Green Bay winning at Pittsburgh - no matter how crappy the Steelers appear to be. Don't get me wrong - they SHOULD win, but that's not how their season has unfolded thus far in winning every game they should win.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't see Green Bay winning at Pittsburgh - no matter how crappy the Steelers appear to be. Don't get me wrong - they SHOULD win, but that's not how their season has unfolded thus far in winning every game they should win.

Keep the faith, Pack 12-4, vikings 11-5:viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's worse when you consider they lost to Oakland AND Kansas City.

It's not an easy game, but it's nowhere near the though game we all predicted early in the season.

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't this Browns game a must-win for them? If there was time for them to "man up" and play "tough" it would have been last night.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't this Browns game a must-win for them? If there was time for them to "man up" and play "tough" it would have been last night.

Exactly. People keep saying watch out The Steelers are determined and pissed. Well last night they were supposed to be too and they stunk it up. If that's how they play determined and pissed, please be that way when you face the Packers too!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's worse when you consider they lost to Oakland AND Kansas City.

It's not an easy game, but it's nowhere near the though game we all predicted early in the season.

I can't name another team over the past 10 years, however, that's been able to, so-easily pull wins outta their ***** like Pitt. I mean, even the years they won the Super Bowl they really weren't anything special.

At any rate, I don't see Pitt losing at home. They'll find a way, I suppose.:dontknow:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't name another team over the past 10 years, however, that's been able to, so-easily pull wins outta their ***** like Pitt. I mean, even the years they won the Super Bowl they really weren't anything special.

At any rate, I don't see Pitt losing at home. They'll find a way, I suppose.:dontknow:

I keep thinking that too, but then you have the Raider who beat them last week at Pittsburg!

The Raiders, traveling from the west coast to play in the cold (ok not too cold) and in Pittsburg and they still won!

I like the packers odds. :happy0005:

We will see.....

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep thinking that too, but then you have the Raider who beat them last week at Pittsburg!

The Raiders, traveling from the west coast to play in the cold (ok not too cold) and in Pittsburg and they still won!

I like the packers odds. :happy0005:

We will see.....

Don't get me wrong, there's really no way in hell Pittsburgh wins this game on paper - they've got poor pass protection, no running game, average defense .... but, how often over the past 5 years has Green Bay often played "down" to their level of competition?

I just think Pitt isn't out of it yet and they're gonna release the hounds. Green Bay isn't anywhere as in need as Pitt. And, if Green Bay has to lose to an opponent, make it an AFC opponent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts