Anyone still in disbelief on how our season ended?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It still keeps me up at night.

I was at the game (I live in AZ). We started that game out so terribly. Rodgers was too anxious or too nervous or something, his first post season play, and he throws a pick. He NEVER throws picks! We are getting crushed, just like all the other playoff games so far this season. But then we fight our ***** off to get back in that game. I mean we fought SOOOO hard, and came SOOOOO close. We slide into overtime, and we get the toss. I remember when we heard we won the toss, I jumped in the air and screamed sooo loud. I was sure we would steal that game. Rodgers tried to go for it all on the first play, and he almost had it. Two plays later... fumble... we lose...

What kills me is that we had to lose by EXACTLY whats been killing us all year. The same demon we tried so hard to get over all year. Sacks. Do we need to make a big deal and say Rodgers held the ball too long? I don't know. I'm such a big Rodgers fan is ridiculous. I just hate that it had to end that way.

Anyway, care to discuss? lol...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

It was a rotten loss, but I think most of us are done discussing, dissecting and debating it. We didn't win. **** it. Lets tear the league a new one next season.

Haha, those are basically my exact thoughts too. I'm focused on the draft now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

It was a rotten loss, but I think most of us are done discussing, dissecting and debating it. We didn't win. **** it. Lets tear the league a new one next season.
Those are my thoughts too.
There's already other threads discussing this. Like right after it happened.
Should've been here a week ago.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I figured it would end ugly at some point - just not that early.

Green Bay hasn't advanced to the Super Bowl in ages and I don't expect them to until TT opens up the coffers and subsidizes his drafted talent with some decent free agent acquisitions - just like what Ron Wolf did to add the final pieces during the Super Bowl years.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is at the point where New England was years ago. What New England has done so well each year letting those players they can't afford go, I mean good players that have a long history with the team. They have not been afraid of making changes. Its is all about the winning combination, Pack has some big decisions to make, some of which are not going to make fans all to happy with at first.

New England understands you can get better by taking a step back and that players over price themselves off the team. Its up to the GM to have a deep team and if you lose one player you find another veteran, most of the time at another position, to make up the difference.

It has never been the goal of New England to Protect and maintain there own. They play the cards they are dealt, not trying to hold and keep their good cards because they are scared of making a change.

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have a history now of spectacular playoff exits. Steve Young's last minute TD to TO in 1999, Favre's 7 INT's in 2002 against the Rams, 4-26 and subequent overtime INT in 2004 versus the Eagles, Favre's overtime pick in 2008 in the NFC champ game, and now Rodgers overtime fumble. They really know how to lose in style in the postseason.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have a history now of spectacular playoff exits. Steve Young's last minute TD to TO in 1999, Favre's 7 INT's in 2002 against the Rams, 4-26 and subequent overtime INT in 2004 versus the Eagles, Favre's overtime pick in 2008 in the NFC champ game, and now Rodgers overtime fumble. They really know how to lose in style in the postseason.

Do you want to know "why" this is, or would you be happy blaming it all on Favre and Rodgers??? Good Lord, people - WAKE UP!!!

The reason is that the Packers ARE NOT and HAVE NOT been GOOD ENOUGH. You cannot live by the draft alone and Duke Preston's and Marquand Manuels and Adrian Klemm's - you need more Charles Woodsons - guys that while expensive, have proven their mettle in the NFL.

TT needs to spend money to subsidize his current talent level or there will never be a Super Bowl in our future. I'm not sure why people fight me on it, but they will, however.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Was only 6 ints ( in one game he tosses 6 but in a whole season for the Viks he tosses 7)

But dont bring up Bretts bad game, cuz they never happened you know

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you want to know "why" this is, or would you be happy blaming it all on Favre and Rodgers??? Good Lord, people - WAKE UP!!!

The reason is that the Packers ARE NOT and HAVE NOT been GOOD ENOUGH. You cannot live by the draft alone and Duke Preston's and Marquand Manuels and Adrian Klemm's - you need more Charles Woodsons - guys that while expensive, have proven their mettle in the NFL.

TT needs to spend money to subsidize his current talent level or there will never be a Super Bowl in our future. I'm not sure why people fight me on it, but they will, however.

Under Sherman, the Packers did what all the TT haters want...And what did going after free agents do for the Packers???

Just because he went after those free agents they still never did anything worth while in the playoffs....

However I do agree that there are times that he needs to add a free agent or 2..He sees it can work out with Woodson and Pickett...Just wish I knew what went on with those minds at 1265..

Ted is not the end all be all person when it comes to free agents..

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers suffered some playoff losses along the way to the Super Bowl with Wolf. IMHO this team wasn't ready for Thompson to open the checkbook much like the mid 90's Packers with Wolf. I think this year is the time to make a run. He now has a good stable of drafted talent that only needs a few pieces. I think he's got a good plan. Splurging on free agents to early just screws your cap and gains you a game or two.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers suffered some playoff losses along the way to the Super Bowl with Wolf. IMHO this team wasn't ready for Thompson to open the checkbook much like the mid 90's Packers with Wolf. I think this year is the time to make a run. He now has a good stable of drafted talent that only needs a few pieces. I think he's got a good plan. Splurging on free agents to early just screws your cap and gains you a game or two.

You're either onto something, or you giving TT WAY TOO MUCH credit.

Personally, I think he is your typical nickel-dimer. His risk-averse nature forces him to continually take more chances on unproven draft picks than on proven free agents, that might tend to cost money.

I think it is probably a combination of the two.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're really gonna be filled with rage and envy by this Sunday evening.

:angry2:

Actually no..

I have said it on his forum and other places..I want him to be healthy, add to his records so NO ONE will ever touch them..But I wanted them to finish one game worse than the Packers..

Just because I hate the guy PLAYING in purple..Doesnt mean I am envious..

If that were the case, I would be faxing Ted every day like I did back in the summer of 08

Brett got what he wanted, as did the Packers..Now Brett is just another player on a team I can't stand.

Even if Brett was not on that team this year and they would win the SB, I would be pissed....I never EVER want the Vikings to win anything

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually no..

I have said it on his forum and other places..I want him to be healthy, add to his records so NO ONE will ever touch them..But I wanted them to finish one game worse than the Packers..

Just because I hate the guy PLAYING in purple..Doesnt mean I am envious..

If that were the case, I would be faxing Ted every day like I did back in the summer of 08

Brett got what he wanted, as did the Packers..Now Brett is just another player on a team I can't stand.

Even if Brett was not on that team this year and they would win the SB, I would be pissed....I never EVER want the Vikings to win anything

OK, but you certainly put a lot of time and effort into painting Favre into something he really isn't. If that's not hate and spite, I'm a monkey's uncle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, but you certainly put a lot of time and effort into painting Favre into something he really isn't. If that's not hate and spite, I'm a monkey's uncle.

You still dont get it?

Its posters such as your self that toss out things about Brett that are sometimes are factually wrong...

That stuff I address and then those escalate into something more, that more often than not leds into the stupid a@@ crap on the entire forum

I have admitted on this forum in the biggest boldest letters that he was having a mvp year, said he has played the best I ever seen him play..Said that if they didnt have to play NY or Philly in those stadiums in the playoffs that I loved his chances of making the SB

With that said, it doesnt mean I have to slob his *** for everything he is doing like you and others...

so go and continue to think I believe he is the devil..

Go and post how when he had horrible December games, which again history and facts show its HIS worse month PRODUCTION wise..

It had nothing to do with the cold, it only had to do with the defenses he faced...Even though it was shown for the last 5 years the bad games he had, the defenses were average or BELOW average but yet the temp was under 30 degrees

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well said. I cheered for him last season when he played for the Jets. This season I cheer for him to lose, not because he's not a Packer, but because he's a ****ing Viking.

Anyway, for a reminder why spending a ton of money in free agency doesn't guarantee Super Bowl titles, see Cowboys, Dallas, and Redskins, Washington.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, for a reminder why spending a ton of money in free agency doesn't guarantee Super Bowl titles, see Cowboys, Dallas, and Redskins, Washington.

Sure, but "spending a ton" and "subsidizing" are different things. How many Super Bowls does Green Bay have to show for not subsidizing enough over the past 10 years???

I think people tend to go off on tangents when evaluating free agency. Ron Wolf proved it worked flawlessly, if done properly; Daniel Snyder, not so much.

Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, but "spending a ton" and "subsidizing" are different things. How many Super Bowls does Green Bay have to show for not subsidizing enough over the past 10 years???

I think people tend to go off on tangents when evaluating free agency. Ron Wolf proved it worked flawlessly, if done properly; Daniel Snyder, not so much.

Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one.

As did Sherman, but the best chances Shermans teams had ended with interceptions and horrible coaching blunders

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In regards to the OP, I still feel that we had so much more to play for at the level we were at towards the end of the season.

That's the NFL though, you never know what will go down on game day unfortunately. . .all the analysis or stats to back you up but when it comes to kick off it doesn't matter who is favored, anything can happen.

Unfortunately we got the bi-polar Cards playing on top of their game and we still almost beat them. Too bad we didn't, too bad a few calls didn't go our way. . .I know my wallpaper is going to be Rodgers taking a helmet to helmet on one half and the facemask on the other half.

Too bad we allowed ourselves to be put into that situation though.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT would've gone after a few free agents each team, he couldn't have re-signed all our important players that we need and not players that COULD be on our team.