Anyone know anything about this guy (RB)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, unless he's gonna return punts instead of Pat Lee, I dunno why we'd want him. I mean he was cut in friggin Cleveland for godsakes! Not sure he's an upgrade, especially since we didn't work him out.

Besides, who do we cut to make room for him? We have one open roster spot, which I presume is for Harris. Not sure who else we cut. I know folks are gonna say Bush, but I don't think that's as easy of a call as he's stepped his game up quite a bit this season.

Anyway, this "I'm not telling anyone" nonsense is childish and old. Guess everyone's gotta try and find a way to get their 15 minutes.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I decided to do a little research myself to get to the bottom of this. Im not sure if Im right but there are no flights to GB tonight out of Cleveland. 1 flight arrived in atlanta at 9:22 which is in that 45 min time frame. So im guessing he got signed by atlanta.

Where did you see a flight land in Atlanta?

I checked flightaware.com and didn't see anything land in Atlanta from Cleveland past 8:38 EST this evening. Everything else is scheduled there tomorrow. There are no flights scheduled from Cleveland to Green Bay tomorrow though there are a few headed to Milwaukee..

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Guys, he's flying out of Atlanta according to that last tweet I quoted.

I don't know how you're investigating, but take that into account.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, this "I'm not telling anyone" nonsense is childish and old. Guess everyone's gotta try and find a way to get their 15 minutes.

Maybe he can't say anything. Remember the Clifton Smith stuff from earlier in the year? "I'm comin to Green Bay."

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^
Didn't Neal and Poppinga go on IR yesterday?

Wouldn't that open up 2 roster spots?

Yeah, but we signed two LB's today. Matt Wilhelm and some other guy. We also cut one guy (Simpkins I think), leaving only one roster spot open.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, he's flying out of Atlanta according to that last tweet I quoted.

I don't know how you're investigating, but take that into account.

Well, flightaware.com has three flights from Atlanta to Milwaukee for this evening. One just arrived not too long ago, the others within the next 30 mins. to an hour.

FlightAware > Flight Finder > Hartsfield-Jackson Intl - General Mitchell Intl (KATL-KMKE)

Honestly, I dunno why I'm giving this guy this much attention. I really need a life! :search:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Hmm.

This is going to sound stupid, because Nance is just now learning the playbook, but basing my view completely off what I saw of James Davis in college I wouldn't be totally opposed to cutting Nance to bring in Davis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeovxDqZYyA&feature=related"]YouTube - James Davis Tribute[/ame]

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe nance just cant cut it or starks is not going to make it this year?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks doesn't yet count against our 53. We have until week 12 to sign him or put him on IR.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Davis was outright released by Cleveland, right?

We could just be signing him to our practice squad. We don't have to put him on the 53.

Though that would disappoint me greatly.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis was outright released by Cleveland, right?

We could just be signing him to our practice squad. We don't have to put him on the 53.

Though that would disappoint me greatly.

Not sure why you'd be disappointed. Unless he's going to be a punt or kick returner, it's gonna be several weeks before he has any kind of role in the offense.

That said, I believe he is practice squad eligible, so could be we sign him there.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I could see him returning kicks.

But you're right, he won't have much of a role if he is coming here. Not for awhile, at least.

I do think he's a potential sleeper for next year though. Could be a nice complement to Grant. Bit of a change of pace.

Again, if he's coming here. :icon_lol:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but Nance or Starks could play that role too.

BTW, I dunno if anyone noticed but Nance had a slightly bigger role in the game last week. Would have loved to see what could have been had that pick by Allen been completed to him on the screen in the red zone.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if Allen doesn't pick that Nance has his first TD as a Packer. From what I remember I don't think there was a ton of people between him and the end zone.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something else to consider- He was cut by Cleveland who also added another running back- Thomas Clayton, who was recently cut by the Patriots.

I know the youtube clips looks great, but they always look great. That he got cut by the Browns so they could sign someone else's running back doesn't give me a ton of confidence.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Something else to consider- He was cut by Cleveland who also added another running back- Thomas Clayton, who was recently cut by the Patriots.

I know the youtube clips looks great, but they always look great. That he got cut by the Browns so they could sign someone else's running back doesn't give me a ton of confidence.

I'm pretty sure he filled on last year for Cleveland when some of their backs when down, and I don't remember him doing too poorly (I added him in fantasy).

I think it's silly for people to write him off just because he played for or was cut by Cleveland. Just because the team sucks doesn't mean the talent isn't there. Maybe he was cut because the Browns needed depth elsewhere and had what they needed in Peyton Hillis and Mike Bell. Who know?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he filled on last year for Cleveland when some of their backs when down, and I don't remember him doing too poorly (I added him in fantasy).

I think it's silly for people to write him off just because he played for or was cut by Cleveland. Just because the team sucks doesn't mean the talent isn't there. Maybe he was cut because the Browns needed depth elsewhere and had what they needed in Peyton Hillis and Mike Bell. Who know?

He played in two games last season and 4 games this season, so you might be thinking about someone else.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesdavis/gamelogs?id=DAV420112&season=2010

And I would agree with you that cutting him doesn't necessarily mean anything, except Cleveland cut him to make room for another RB. That's not adding depth elsewhere, that's flat out replacing a guy who wasn't good enough to keep on an otherwise terrible team.

I agree, I shouldn't be so hasty in writing the guy off. Could be he didn't fit their system, though most fans thought the guy was awesome coming out of pre-season before being sent to IR with a shoulder injury. Maybe he does better with us, if that's where he's headed. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts