Anyone else ready to see....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't argument...just curiosity....

....but aren't the Packers injured EVERY YEAR? It seems like every time I come here I have this exact same conversation..."if only we were at full strength" yada yada yada. I'm not saying there is no validity to it...but at some point don't you kinda have to start asking WHY the Packers are always hurt?
Oh hell yeah we always are asking WHY.
Some blame the strength & conditioning, the training. I blame 90% bad luck at this point in time.
Sterling Sharpe's neck didn't go for any reason other than bad luck.
Nick Collins, who was better than DaShon Goldson and entering his prime, that was 100% bullschit bad luck.

Sherrod? That was a nasty fluke thing where a DE from the opposite side went around Rodgers and landed into Sherrod's leg just as it was planting.... career-ending it appears.

Bulaga's ACL?
Happened in the team scrimmage and nobody even knew anything was wrong til the next day.
Still haven't seen HOW it happened.

Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, and Robert Brooks all tore their ACLs with no contact in games versus your 49ers, on the ground of Lambeau Field.
Brooks was a different era, it was 1996.
Harris and Kampman's happened in 2009 on the same Alex Smith-led drive, about 2 plays apart.
All 3 of those torn ACL's came with no contact. They weren't the cheap shots that led to Dustin Keller, Jordan Shipley, Willis McGahee, Ovie Mughelli, Brian Cushing, Eric Berry, Adrian Peterson kind of torn ACLs.

There is such a thing as luck in the world, in sports. Bad luck and good luck. And it doesn't always even up. Try testing that in Vegas sometime.......

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah we always are asking WHY.
Some blame the strength & conditioning, the training. I blame 90% bad luck at this point in time.
Sterling Sharpe's neck didn't go for any reason other than bad luck.
Nick Collins, who was better than DaShon Goldson and entering his prime, that was 100% bullschit bad luck.

Sherrod? That was a nasty fluke thing where a DE from the opposite side went around Rodgers and landed into Sherrod's leg just as it was planting.... career-ending it appears.

Bulaga's ACL?
Happened in the team scrimmage and nobody even knew anything was wrong til the next day.
Still haven't seen HOW it happened.

Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, and Robert Brooks all tore their ACLs with no contact in games versus your 49ers, on the ground of Lambeau Field.
Brooks was a different era, it was 1996.
Harris and Kampman's happened in 2009 on the same Alex Smith-led drive, about 2 plays apart.
All 3 of those torn ACL's came with no contact. They weren't the cheap shots that led to Dustin Keller, Jordan Shipley, Willis McGahee, Ovie Mughelli, Brian Cushing, Eric Berry, Adrian Peterson kind of torn ACLs.

There is such a thing as luck in the world, in sports. Bad luck and good luck. And it doesn't always even up. Try testing that in Vegas sometime.......

Wow.

Yeah...sometimes...Sh*t happens.

Last year on THE SAME PLAY....

A certain Saints LB who shouldn't have even been in the game because he was supposed to be suspended (cough...Vilma...cough) ran up to the LOS where he initially engaged Kyle Williams. Wasn't even much contact and Williams buckled and fell to the ground. Torn ACL. First game back is a start this week. As the play continued the now unblocked Vilma chased down Kendall Hunter from behind....tearing his Achilles. Done for the year. He too has his first game back this sunday.

One play. 2 players done for the year. Hit twice by a player who shouldn't have been in the game.

Sigh.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Yes, and I found it faulty. You make no mention of their lack of any real receiving threat other than Davis and to a lesser degree, Boldin. You make no mention of OUR strengths and discount them as insufficient/irrelevant.

Nobody said anything about 19-0. Not sure why you're choosing to be ***** about it.

Three people found my post to be funny. That's why.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.

Yeah...sometimes...Sh*t happens.

Last year on THE SAME PLAY....

A certain Saints LB who shouldn't have even been in the game because he was supposed to be suspended (cough...Vilma...cough) ran up to the LOS where he initially engaged Kyle Williams. Wasn't even much contact and Williams buckled and fell to the ground. Torn ACL. First game back is a start this week. As the play continued the now unblocked Vilma chased down Kendall Hunter from behind....tearing his Achilles. Done for the year. He too has his first game back this sunday.

One play. 2 players done for the year. Hit twice by a player who shouldn't have been in the game.

Sigh.
That's brutal.
ACL and an Achilles. Two biggies.
At least it wasn't to Crabtree or Davis, or Gore, or Staley.
Any of those 4 (not Gore) and you don't get past Atlanta. Maybe Goldson and Bowman or Willis too.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, here's what happened. Lambeulambo was talking about how the Packers were going to be "unprepared, porous and sloppy." because "If preseason is any indicator he expected to see those things." That's when I said preseason doesn't matter. My statement was in context of what HE said about regular season preparation, etc.

I didn't notice that a different person had jumped in and started carrying the torch in a different direction (you) without making clear they were speaking in a different context. Hence, my comment that your example of Harrell and Coleman somehow related to HIS comment about the team generally being unprepared and sloppy. So disregard.

The question is do you feel lucky? Well do ya?

Latest posts