Anyone else ready to see....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just gotta hear that explanation.

The 49ers have the best O-Line in the NFL. They don't have "their own issues". The only problem they have there is backup tackle...but if they lose a tackle Boone can line up outside (he's a natural tackle to begin with) and use the depth they do have at guard (Kilgore).

I'm not trying to make out like the Packers have a terrible line....but to call it a "split LEANING to 49er edge" is kinda ridiculous.

Okay, I'll admit that was my fault, I thought they had tackle issues but that was going off past information, given that you stated both are healthy that yeah for sure that should be 49ers edge.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit that was my fault, I thought they had tackle issues but that was going off past information, given that you stated both are healthy that yeah for sure that should be 49ers edge.

LOL.

I have to remind myself that I'm on a Packers forum and not a Seahawk forum. On a Seahawks forum my post would have been met with 4 letter words, chants of Harbaugh is a ******, and quotes of the score of the last 49ers-Seahawks meeting.

I forgot...you guys are much easier to talk to and not so batsh*t nuts. :)

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really don't need the preseason to know the Packers weakness although, we can glean some things from preseason, lets not pretend that it is utterly meaningless. A good part of release of Harrell and Coleman is because their failure to translate their study of the Packers offense during off season study and practice into any kind of meaningful simulated game performance. Their poor performance during preseason games had a DIRECT impact on their release.

So lets not pretend the preseason provides no indicators.

So Harrell and Coleman sucked, therefore the Packers suck? You can't be serious.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.

I have to remind myself that I'm on a Packers forum and not a Seahawk forum. On a Seahawks forum my post would have been met with 4 letter words, chants of Harbaugh is a ******, and quotes of the score of the last 49ers-Seahawks meeting.

HAHA, some of us :D

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Okay guys seriously stop fretting over back ups swapping and all that crap (barring injuries it means nothing) Compare with me the following:

Kap vs A-Rod: Yes one could say Kap is a stud, and I wouldn't argue against them; that said you would have to be either a 49er fan or seriously oxygen deprived to say you'd pick Kap over A-Rod. Packers get this edge.

49er WRs/TEs vs Packer WRs/TEs: I don't even have to discuss or share, overall our unit kills the 49ers...Packers get this edge.

49er RBs/Packer RBs: I love Lacy, and I love Franklin...shoot I think Starks is gonna do good in his back up role; however I gotta like their #1 vs our #1. Edge 49ers.

Offensive Line: I've heard they've had their own issues, but our line is young and new to some positions/spots along it; which means growing pains or birth of some studs will occur. 49ers edge *corrected due to error on my part

Overall Offensive Edge: Packers over 49ers.

That alone should make people freaking stop wining and moaning about crap. Our defense just has to be good enough this tough game to allow Rodgers to win it...I see our Defense doing much better against them. That doesn't mean our Defense is better than theirs, it just means their offense is weaker that we're going up against compared to their good one again our offense.
Your rankings are fine and all, but if you do it matchup wise......GB/OL vs SF/DL......big edge SF.......GB/DL vs SF/OL....edge SF. Not saying SF wins b/c of this, too many others things to consider, just another way to look at the game and be a little skeptical.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your rankings are fine and all, but if you do it matchup wise......GB/OL vs SF/DL......big edge SF.......GB/DL vs SF/OL....edge SF. Not saying SF wins b/c of this, too many others things to consider, just another way to look at the game and be a little skeptical.

You forgot these: GB/WR vs SF/CBs... edge GB. SF/WR vs GB/CB... edge GB. SF/QB vs GB/S... push. GB/QB vs SF/S... BIG edge GB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So so true...which is why I seriously wished we had almost any other team to open with other than them!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone fire a coach over preseason "games?"

The same reason Rod Marinelli didn't get a contract extension after his 2008 flawless pre-season....how'd that season end up for them again? :D

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
You forgot these: GB/WR vs SF/CBs... edge GB. SF/WR vs GB/CB... edge GB. SF/QB vs GB/S... push. GB/QB vs SF/S... BIG edge GB.
Most games are won or lost in the trenches and will always be that way. If you dont have time to throw the ball, whos open dont matter.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most games are won or lost in the trenches and will always be that way. If you dont have time to throw the ball, whos open dont matter.

In two games, Rodgers had a 92.4 passer rating against them. He completed 67% of his passes and had 4 TDs and 2 INTs. He was sacked 4 times. Being able to throw the ball wasn't a problem last year and it won't be this year.

We scored 22 points and 31 points against them. The problem was defense, not offense, and there's no question our defense will be much improved this year.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
In two games, Rodgers had a 92.4 passer rating against them. He completed 67% of his passes and had 4 TDs and 2 INTs. He was sacked 4 times. Being able to throw the ball wasn't a problem last year and it won't be this year.

We scored 22 points and 31 points against them. The problem was defense, not offense, and there's no question our defense will be much improved this year.
I agree AR will make plays, but the important matchups(trenches) belong to SF and that may decide the game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree AR will make plays, but the important matchups(trenches) belong to SF and that may decide the game.

My point was that when Rodgers can put up numbers like that with 4 sacks, then our OL did what they needed to do.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
LOL.

Harbaugh is a ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Not really but I don't want you to get spoiled here Marvin...lol).

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
My point was that when Rodgers can put up numbers like that with 4 sacks, then our OL did what they needed to do.
AR puts up good #s in spite of this lousy *** OL and now we have a rookie at LT this year.
The OL did what?....AR puts up good numbers every week in spite of the OL. He was the most sacked QB last year in the league. Ok some are on AR for holding the ball to long, but still, worst in the league.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR puts up good #s in spite of this lousy *** OL and now we have a rookie at LT this year.

Which is a GOOD thing because Baktiari is WAY > Newhouse.

The OL did what?

49ers only sacked him 4 times in 2 games. Our pass protection against them was much better than average for the season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone fire a coach over preseason "games?"

Because the defense looked the same with plenty of turf for runners to cover before getting touched.
That made me feel like he should have been fired long ago.

Even though preseason doesn't matter, still, it's a chance to make things right and to correct mistakes that were made last season IMO.
Do they prepare going into these games with a game plan or is it just to put the potential players out there and see what they can do without any coaching help?

And you decided to just focus and repost that part of my quote while ignoring and leaving out the part where I wrote that I sorta have a change of heart over Capers.
Well done. *Sarcasm*

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 sacks is still too many.
Especially for a QB who has already had a couple of concussions and who is at risk at losing his job if he keeps getting them.
He shouldn't be touched. Period.
O-line needs to step it up. Big time.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think SF will win rather easily. Their home turf coupled with their confidence and overall talent/experience (particularly in the trenches on both sides of the ball) adds up, IMO, to a likely victory.

I am ok with this. Stops all that stress of talk about an undefeated season right from the start! :tup:

My hopes are that the Packers play a good solid game and learn from the experience. For several of our key starters (e.g. RB, LT, DE), after the SF game- their real game experience in the NFL will be infinitely greater than it is currently (one game versus zero)...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9ers will be a hard match, a nail biting foot stomping brick throwing game fire Capers will be heard all over the place. But in the here and now the little I saw with the Seahawks and we have a few guys who will step up on the d-line,not saying we win just know this game won't be the same and regular refs will make a difference,9ers were touchy on our w.r. the first time around that will change running will help,it will be a good stepping stone going forward.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shouldn't be touched. Period.
Then he should just retire if that's the case because it's part of football. I don't care how good your line is. Last year SF got a sack every 14.9 pass plays against the rest of their opponents. They only got a sack on us once every 21 pass plays. I think you can give some credit where its due.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think SF will win rather easily. Their home turf coupled with their confidence and overall talent/experience (particularly in the trenches on both sides of the ball) adds up, IMO, to a likely victory.

You sound as if the Packers are a team who hasn't led the league in wins over the last decade who has no talent with a rookie QB or something.

Sorry, but I don't know why you're so quick to concede defeat when the game is 5 days away. Rodgers is going to carve up their secondary like he did last year and our defense is going to be ready with a chip on their shoulder, especially Clay and that's never a good thing for opposing teams.

H

HardRightEdge

Another unprepared team week 1? Sloppy game planning? Porous D?

I hope, no, in fact, pray, that this is not in fact the case coming up on sunday for the opener. This roster swapping has got to be a valid concern. I have never felt this way since TT and MM have been here, but I have a very BAD feeling in my gut, and it isn't first game jitters. Anyone else getting that feeling?

I'll tell you this...if picking up either of these QBs was motivated by the need for inside knowledge, we're in a lot of trouble. If Capers has not figured this thing out by now from an entire off season looking at tape, a trip to Texas A&M, commiserating with friends in the defensive coaching fraternity, etc., then info from cut QBs at the 11th. hour will not be of meaningful assistance.

As an aside, Butler's breakdown of our breakdowns in the SF game in the "X's and O's" segment at JS Online is definitely worth a spare 10 minutes. I had commented earlier that one of those Kaepernick runs that everybody blamed Walden for might have been on Burnett. Walden had a bad game, but not as bad as some might think.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

LOL.

Harbaugh is a ******. ;)

Members online

Latest posts