Anyone else ready to see....

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another unprepared team week 1? Sloppy game planning? Porous D?

I hope, no, in fact, pray, that this is not in fact the case coming up on sunday for the opener. This roster swapping has got to be a valid concern. I have never felt this way since TT and MM have been here, but I have a very BAD feeling in my gut, and it isn't first game jitters. Anyone else getting that feeling?

12theTruth

I hope, no, in fact, pray, that this is not in fact the case coming up on sunday for the opener. This roster swapping has got to be a valid concern. I have never felt this way since TT and MM have been here, but I have a very BAD feeling in my gut, and it isn't first game jitters. Anyone else getting that feeling?

I understand where you are coming from, however I think the team has a good vibe in the locker room for whatever reason. I know you can only tell so much from watching player interviews but call it a feeling.

Defensively I am worried about our inside linebackers getting manned up in coverage on their TE's and RB's. Offensively, I am worried about stalled drives due to being one dimensional and then theres Mason Crosby :unsure: I am extremely worried about the offensive line holding up. If the Packers do pull off the win it'll be a big upset IMO. I'd think the Vegas line would have to be the 49ers by at least 7 at home.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from, however I think the team has a good vibe in the locker room for whatever reason. I know you can only tell so much from watching player interviews but call it a feeling.

Defensively I am worried about our inside linebackers getting manned up in coverage on their TE's and RB's. Offensively, I am worried about stalled drives due to being one dimensional and then theres Mason Crosby :unsure: I am extremely worried about the offensive line holding up. If the Packers do pull off the win it'll be a big upset IMO. I'd think the Vegas line would have to be the 49ers by at least 7 at home.

I happen to believe they will struggle to move the ball consistently against us. Their WRs are pretty weak and Davis is the only real threat have in the air. We should be able to put some guys in the box and bottle them up a lot better than we did last year.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

What difference do guys who don't play make?

If that's the way you really feel, don't watch the game. Don't waste your time on a game with an unprepared, sloppy, porous D and an offense who can't get started. I'm going to watch, and while I expect to lose, it's not for any of those reasons. I don't expect to see anything of the sort.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did I stumble onto a Brown's forum by mistake?

Pack just got two former San Frandisco QBs to help them prepare.
They should learn from last season's mistakes which is last season.
I doubt it will be a repeat.
I have faith in the Packers because they are the MFin Green Bay Packers and not some other team that struggles.
(This is not Detroit, man! These are the Packers!)
So have some faith.
To base this year's games to last year's is just, well frankly, foolish.
Be present and be here now.
I am so looking forward to this game to see what the Pack can do.
No worries.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Did I stumble onto a Brown's forum by mistake?

Pack just got two former San Frandisco QBs to help them prepare.
They should learn from last season's mistakes which is last season.
I doubt it will be a repeat.
I have faith in the Packers because they are the MFin Green Bay Packers and not some other team that struggles.
(This is not Detroit, man! These are the Packers!)
So have some faith.
To base this year's games to last year's is just, well frankly, foolish.
Be present and be here now.
I am so looking forward to this game to see what the Pack can do.
No worries.
LOL! If the Vikings can beat them!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
hopefully we took a hard look at what the rams defense did last season to basically stop the 49ers. Rams won once and tied them once.....that has to be worth taking a look.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thankfully I'm working Sunday so wont have to watch it "live". I'm not too full of hope for this one in particularly :(

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What difference do guys who don't play make?

If that's the way you really feel, don't watch the game. Don't waste your time on a game with an unprepared, sloppy, porous D and an offense who can't get started. I'm going to watch, and while I expect to lose, it's not for any of those reasons. I don't expect to see anything of the sort.

Don't waste my time? Who said anything of the sort?! What difference do guys who don't play make? So you feel fine about bringing guys in cold to the WCO and the scheme that coaches say is the most complex system to learn. Please don't study before finals. The difference here is I EXPECT to see those things based on what we have already seen last year. If the pre-season is any indicator, it is imminent. I will watch, and win or lose it is what it is. Add some perspective other than "any of those reasons".

12theTruth

It's not. It never is, never was, never will be.

We really don't need the preseason to know the Packers weaknesses, although, we can glean some things from the preseason, lets not pretend that it is utterly meaningless. A good part of Much of the reasoning behind the release of Harrell and Coleman is because of their failure to translate their study of the Packers offense during off season study and practice into any kind of meaningful effective simulated game performance. Their poor performances during preseason games had a DIRECT impact on upon their release.

So lets not pretend the preseason provides no indicators.

Edited for clarity!

Note: GoPGo--- Before and after the edits it is extremely clear that I am specifically referring to an example of what has helped to be indicated based upon preseason performance of two individuals NOT a teamwide performance problem as you insinuated in your reply. It did need some clarification but the main points remain unchanged!

Last edited by a moderator:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Don't waste my time? Who said anything of the sort?! What difference do guys who don't play make? So you feel fine about bringing guys in cold to the WCO and the scheme that coaches say is the most complex system to learn. Please don't study before finals. The difference here is I EXPECT to see those things based on what we have already seen last year. If the pre-season is any indicator, it is imminent. I will watch, and win or lose it is what it is. Add some perspective other than "any of those reasons".
Hint: Seneca Wallace isn't new to the WCO and the language is similar to the language used in his time in Seattle. If he never sees the field, what impact does he have on the game? He's only relevant if Rodgers goes down. If Rodgers never goes down, he's irrelevant. He might as well be a lobotomized Tebow. Wallace is a very intelligent guy, and I believe that he can bumble his way through a game or two for us. He's Aaron Rodgers' back up, let's not pretend he's any more important than he actually is.

I'd rather judge on what we saw in limited work this year, because (to point out the obvious) this year is not last year. The defense at least showed incredible discipline in PS. Then again this team had real consistency issue with that last year. We'd have perfect gap discipline one week, then gamble open gaping lanes the next.

I'm fine getting beat by a better team, even getting blown out, as long as we play the game well. If we're sound in our assignments and run our routes well, I'm happy. If we make stupid mistakes and play sloppy, I get pissed, even if we win. Coverage sacks, incomplete passes to covered players, getting blown off the line, opposing players breaking tackles, not getting separation, etc. Those don't **** me off as much as playing out of position, running sloppy routes, missed assignments, etc. I expect to get beat, I expect mistakes. I don't expect to be unprepared, I don't expect to be sloppy. If the D is porous, it's only because we lost the one on one. I can accept that. Guys will get develop, and we can fix talent through the draft. I expect us to lose doing everything right. How can you not look forward to watching the match ups?

If you had to choose, would you rather play bad football with bad players, or play good football with bad players?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, I'm a Packers fan. Why would I get excited about watching the Raiders?

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pre - season is nothing more than an evaluation process.
There's no game planning, scheme is vanilla, so these games don't hold much stock for me.
Let's talk about it after the 4th game to evaluate things.

Talaren

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the preseason performance was much ado about nothing. They will have unscouted looks prepared for San Fran, and I like to think the Packers prefer being the underdog role, especially considering the beat down they took last season x2.

I think people are going to be mildly surprised how well the Packers play this game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Unless our starters have had a really great camp to get into sync with each other...idk about this 1st game. We played our 1st team offense so little, I don't think they have their timing down yet. I wont even lookat 2nd and 3rd string guys, who seem to have gotten 90% of all reps....for evaluation purposes. I see SF having an offense that is more polished and ready to get down and play hard early on. Even their 2nd and 3rd stringers have the gusto to ring up 40+ points during pre-season games, while we struggled to score much at all.....what? One TD pass by Arod?right? I think we come into this game unpreppared, yet again. Sorry to say, but we will take a beating....hope I am wrong, but I don't see us having enough early season magic to beat the 49ers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay guys seriously stop fretting over back ups swapping and all that crap (barring injuries it means nothing) Compare with me the following:

Kap vs A-Rod: Yes one could say Kap is a stud, and I wouldn't argue against them; that said you would have to be either a 49er fan or seriously oxygen deprived to say you'd pick Kap over A-Rod. Packers get this edge.

49er WRs/TEs vs Packer WRs/TEs: I don't even have to discuss or share, overall our unit kills the 49ers...Packers get this edge.

49er RBs/Packer RBs: I love Lacy, and I love Franklin...shoot I think Starks is gonna do good in his back up role; however I gotta like their #1 vs our #1. Edge 49ers.

Offensive Line: I've heard they've had their own issues, but our line is young and new to some positions/spots along it; which means growing pains or birth of some studs will occur. 49ers edge *corrected due to error on my part

Overall Offensive Edge: Packers over 49ers.

That alone should make people freaking stop wining and moaning about crap. Our defense just has to be good enough this tough game to allow Rodgers to win it...I see our Defense doing much better against them. That doesn't mean our Defense is better than theirs, it just means their offense is weaker that we're going up against compared to their good one again our offense.

Last edited:

12theTruth

That alone should make people freaking stop wining and moaning about crap.

Because someone sees the game differently than you means its whining, give me a break! It's called a difference of opinion. On the other hand it could be said some have rose colored glasses when it comes to viewing the Packers. A realistic view of the Packers is a welcome one in my opinion. So some on this forums opinion's aren't sanguine enough for you. Deal with it.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
So have some faith.
Weren't they the MFin Green Bay Packers when they went out to the Stick in the playoffs last year though? :(

I've got my doubts but am hoping Dandy Dom Capers has something up his sleeve to make this game a victory or at least an improved showing by the D.

Capers should have been fired after last-season's debacle. The D was unprepared to face the Niners. Mike didn't do that, which means he has faith and DDC can overcome that glaring failure starting Sunday.

I guess we'll see.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because someone sees the game differently than you means its whining, give me a break! It's called a difference of opinion. On the other hand it could be said some have rose colored glasses when it comes to viewing the Packers. A realistic view of the Packers is a welcome one in my opinion. So some on this forums opinion's aren't sanguine enough for you. Deal with it.

Sorry but I get so frustrated with how people are complaining about the shuffling of people which until an injury occurs won't see the light of day is all. Perhaps, no yes my wording was wrong, apologies. I am a huge advocate of opinions as I feel one shouldn't give unless they're willing to listen.

Trust me, my viewpoint is all rose colored or anything, this game scares the crap out of me as a Packer fan. I have shared I feel it is almost a toss up, one which I could just as easily see slide one way or the other. I also understand that our back ups are crucial, however only if needed. Outside of unproven OL, and now QB we can absorb some injuries elsewhere....and let's be honest nearly every team in the league if they lose the starting QB or crucial OL spots are SOL unless they happen to have a pro-bowl caliber guy as a back up. Just my .02 for what it's worth...which may be just a .01 :D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
my fear is that capers comes out bland and stays that way instead of making changes during game time. He seems to stick with a D plan and not deviate from it, even if the opposing team has figured it out. Capers is not the Defensive guru he once was, he seems to have gotten bland and easy to figure out. His chess game has lost its luster.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay guys seriously stop fretting over back ups swapping and all that crap (barring injuries it means nothing) Compare with me the following:

Kap vs A-Rod: Yes one could say Kap is a stud, and I wouldn't argue against them; that said you would have to be either a 49er fan or seriously oxygen deprived to say you'd pick Kap over A-Rod. Packers get this edge.

49er WRs/TEs vs Packer WRs/TEs: I don't even have to discuss or share, overall our unit kills the 49ers...Packers get this edge.

49er RBs/Packer RBs: I love Lacy, and I love Franklin...shoot I think Starks is gonna do good in his back up role; however I gotta like their #1 vs our #1. Edge 49ers.

Offensive Line: I've heard they've had their own issues, but our line is young and new to some positions/spots along it; which means growing pains or birth of some studs will occur. Split leaning to 49ers edge

Overall Offensive Edge: Packers over 49ers.

That alone should make people freaking stop wining and moaning about crap. Our defense just has to be good enough this tough game to allow Rodgers to win it...I see our Defense doing much better against them. That doesn't mean our Defense is better than theirs, it just means their offense is weaker that we're going up against compared to their good one again our offense.

I just gotta hear that explanation.

The 49ers have the best O-Line in the NFL. They don't have "their own issues". The only problem they have there is backup tackle...but if they lose a tackle Boone can line up outside (he's a natural tackle to begin with) and use the depth they do have at guard (Kilgore).

I'm not trying to make out like the Packers have a terrible line....but to call it a "split LEANING to 49er edge" is kinda ridiculous.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weren't they the MFin Green Bay Packers when they went out to the Stick in the playoffs last year though? :(

I've got my doubts but am hoping Dandy Dom Capers has something up his sleeve to make this game a victory or at least an improved showing by the D.

Capers should have been fired after last-season's debacle. The D was unprepared to face the Niners. Mike didn't do that, which means he has faith and DDC can overcome that glaring failure starting Sunday.

I guess we'll see.
After watching some pre-season games I thought that Capers should have been fired.
Part of me has calmed down and am now willing to wait and see.
The other part thinks that we should have gotten a new DC.
Then again there was a recent post where the p.o. loss was more on the players because they were confused and didn't know what to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts