Anyone else have to deal with these idiots?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, here's two examples of what it's like to live in Illinois and have the Bears get lucky due to an injury and win a game they would otherwise get blown out in ...

1. One idiot comes up to me and places a Packers pacifier on my desk and says he's so sorry. I kindly remind him that I don't have any babies or kids, mostly because I don't want to take a chance of breeding someone like him. That would be unfortunate.

2. Another idiot, who, by the way, has only lived in this country for about five years (not that I have anything against diversity, but five years here does NOT make you a part of this rivalry), decides to pay me a visit flaunting a Bears hat on his head - a hat that looked liked he got it out of the gumball machine at the 7-11 store. He asks me if I'm heartbroken.

So this, ladies and gentlemen, are two prime examples of why I cannot wait until January, because what happens to the Packers this season, in the context of this discussion, is irrelevant. Celebrating the Bears going 28 straight years without a Super Bowl win, will be glorious beyond belief and trust me - these two described morons have no clue what they're in store for. I don't forgive and I sure as hell don't forget. Woof woof. Bear down.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly pertaining to bears fans like the op stated,but I did hear something funny on NFL radio ten minutes ago. A fan of the vikings called in and said they believed they had a shot of winning the division now since Rodgers and cutler were out and were only 4 games behind,IF they started freeman they could do it. :roflmao:

Reaction score
So, here's two examples of what it's like to live in Illinois and have the Bears get lucky due to an injury and win a game they would otherwise get blown out in ...

1. One idiot comes up to me and places a Packers pacifier on my desk and says he's so sorry. I kindly remind him that I don't have any babies or kids, mostly because I don't want to take a chance of breeding someone like him. That would be unfortunate.

2. Another idiot, who, by the way, has only lived in this country for about five years (not that I have anything against diversity, but five years here does NOT make you a part of this rivalry), decides to pay me a visit flaunting a Bears hat on his head - a hat that looked liked he got it out of the gumball machine at the 7-11 store. He asks me if I'm heartbroken.

So this, ladies and gentlemen, are two prime examples of why I cannot wait until January, because what happens to the Packers this season, in the context of this discussion, is irrelevant. Celebrating the Bears going 28 straight years without a Super Bowl win, will be glorious beyond belief and trust me - these two described morons have no clue what they're in store for. I don't forgive and I sure as hell don't forget. Woof woof. Bear down.

Well, I've probably got a litte (a lot:() more age on some or most on this forum, I would assume, and most of my Bear buddies are much like myself; a fossil. By now the "break your balls" attitude they once displayed has long evaporated along with their enthusiasm and optimism. They've grown to realize and accept the fact that their team's window of opportunity to ever "get over on" the Green Bay Packers will probably always remain closed. Everyone of them I spoke with had enough maturity and sense to admit that their "Rodger-less" win should have a * beside it. NOT one of them is burying the Packers and writing this season off as a result of Aaron being sidelined. They're more concerned with their teams deficiencies and inconsistency, really! I'm lucky that most of the Bear fans that I know or happen to encounter are civil, responsible sane adults who are pretty knowledgeable football fans, as well. But then, I may form a different opinion if I were sitting in a sports bar in Chicago, huh? At one time I used to have to endure that sort of nonsense from jealous Bears fans, but I'm fortunate in this case, to not to have to be subjected to that kind of taunting any longer, PackerFlatLander. I feel your pain, brother! Just tell them.....4 Super Bowl wins out of five appearances, 13 Championships (more than anyone). Bears? 1 Super Bowl win out of just 2 appearances. Scoreboard: They don't call Soldier Field "Titletown USA!" :cool:

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I live in the area too and will admit I'm quite obnoxious during the season, especially with the long run of victories the Pack has amassed over the suckhole Bears, so I had no choice but to take the ballbusting for what it was, friendly smack talk.

The Bear fans' joy will fade when they start losing again, which they will with that defense, and reality settles in yet again.

What would be hysterical is if we finish higher than the Bears even w/o A-Rod.

Reaction score
Not pertaining to "Bear fans," per say, but there is one thing I might add while under this "obnoxious" Bear thread and it is having to live among a strong majority of the "hey, the 21st Century is here and we're winning" fair-weather Colts fans. UGGGH! Living in west central Indiana about 15 miles east of the Illinois state line and 80 miles west of Lucas Oil Stadium, I'm pretty much surrounded by both fan bases, but it's the Colts fans, not the Bears, who grate on my last nerve. They've won ONE Super Bowl, just as the Bears! I've been a Packer fan long long long before the Colts ever dreamed of having a midnight move to Indy, but I've always enjoyed seeing the Colts be successful, as well. For the love of God, though, ever since they ralled to beat us last year, their heads are still sky high and they're fans have just become much too cocky and arrogant to be around in a sports bar. They need to come back down to earth! I'll give them this: they have one helluva good young QB, they play as hard as hell and never give up, always seem to make just enough plays to win, manage to get the calls (or the benefit of the NO calls), win challenges and get tons of breaks. Yeah, one very bad break losing Wayne. You can "reason" with a Bear's fan, but it's really a challenge to try to explain to a Colts fan about "tradition" and "legacy" which defines the Packers franchise. Annoying Bears fan is NOT the problem where I live.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not pertaining to "Bear fans," per say, but there is one thing I might add while under this "obnoxious" Bear thread and it is having to live among a strong majority of the "hey, the 21st Century is here and we're winning" fair-weather Colts fans. UGGGH! Living in west central Indiana about 15 miles east of the Illinois state line and 80 miles west of Lucas Oil Stadium, I'm pretty much surrounded by both fan bases, but it's the Colts fans, not the Bears, who grate on my last nerve. They've won ONE Super Bowl, just as the Bears! I've been a Packer fan long long long before the Colts ever dreamed of having a midnight move to Indy, but I've always enjoyed seeing the Colts be successful, as well. For the love of God, though, ever since they ralled to beat us last year, their heads are still sky high and they're fans have just become much too cocky and arrogant to be around in a sports bar. They need to come back down to earth! I'll give them this: they have one helluva good young QB, they play as hard as hell and never give up, always seem to make just enough plays to win, manage to get the calls (or the benefit of the NO calls), win challenges and get tons of breaks. Yeah, one very bad break losing Wayne. You can "reason" with a Bear's fan, but it's really a challenge to try to explain to a Colts fan about "tradition" and "legacy" which defines the Packers franchise. Annoying Bears fan is NOT the problem where I live.
And their bragging rights went up a few more notches after they beat the perfect record Broncs when their former GOAT came back to town.
That's football fans. They have a passion for their team and when you're not the fan of that team then they will seem obnoxious to you.

In a way, the Colts are like the Packers with the history and legends of winning years and great QBs and one good one followed a great one.

Reaction score
And their bragging rights went up a few more notches after they beat the perfect record Broncs when their former GOAT came back to town.
That's football fans. They have a passion for their team and when you're not the fan of that team then they will seem obnoxious to you.

In a way, the Colts are like the Packers with the history and legends of winning years and great QBs and one good one followed a great one.

They won at SF and we could've/shoul've, too! I kind of figured they would win at home against Denver, but I really didn't think they would get past Seattle even at home. That was surprising to me, but Seattle has proved they're vulnerable on the road. Indy has a quick fast defense and apparently, their OL is doing the job, too. We'll agree that every fan base has the label, "obnoxious" attached to it and I am a minority here and hatin' it. Everytime I run into a buddy of mine who is a Cowboys fan, he'll come up to me and say, "I HATE those $#@% Colts!" He and I are subjected to having to watch the Colts, Bears, Broncos or sometimes get a diet of "both" Mannings nearly every week on our regionally telecast. Just the way it is and either have to live with it, get the NFL ticket.....or move :tup:

The old "Baltimore" Colts are like the Packers with their history and winning tradition! QB's included! I give Indy a lot of credit for what they have accomplished during the Manning years and their future is bright with Luck, for sure. I will say this, though, the local fans DO have a lot of respect for the Packers and their organization, I know. You would have thought they won the SB after rallying to beat us last year. I DO NOT like Ersay, though! I think he is a classless arrogant jerk, but that's a whole other topic.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sometimes you just have to take one on the chin mate ;). I`m sure you`ll get revenge soon enough.....lol

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm Chicago born and raised (and still living in The City). Bears/Packers games are the worst. Between the text messages and people and work it is frustrating. I still hang the picture of Aaron Rodgers holding the Lombardi trophy outside of my office just to remind them that the road to that Super Bowl win ran through Chicago.

This is the problem with Chicago fans (whether it be Cubs fans or Bears fans). They have this idea that their team can actually win the Super Bowl. They totally ignore the fact that the Packers were missing the best QB in football, starting left tackle, slot receiver, tight end and possible the best 3-4 outside linebacker in football. The most frustrating part is that if Rodgers plays that whole game the Packers win by 20+ points.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually - here's the issue with Chicago sports fans in general ... for example, in Wisconsin, unless you start running your mouth or whatever - if you're a Bears fan and living there, no one really cares. I mean, WHO CARES what teams you cheer for, or where you're from, for that matter? But in Chicago, it's all about ... heaven forbid you live here or you're from here and you don't cheer for all of OUR teams. It's like their Al Capone, tough guy, Bridgeport crap pride gets a dent in it. It's ridiculous. They talk SO tough, but when their season ends early, they fall SO hard. Never fails and it's hysterical to watch.

Here's another one ... I'm a Bucks fan. Always have been. I was born/raised in Illinois and I was a Bucks fan before the stupid Bulls ever drafted Jordan. I'll take Sikma. Anyways ... when I wear my Bucks gear out to the bars, you should see the looks I get. It's not even that the Bucks suck - nothing to do with that. It's all about, "How can you live here and not be a Bulls fan". Don't make me sick. I hate the Bears, I hate the Bulls. The White Sox are the only Chicago team I can ever love and hell - they're the black sheep of Chicago sports as it is.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually - here's the issue with Chicago sports fans in general ... for example, in Wisconsin, unless you start running your mouth or whatever - if you're a Bears fan and living there, no one really cares. I mean, WHO CARES what teams you cheer for, or where you're from, for that matter? But in Chicago, it's all about ... heaven forbid you live here or you're from here and you don't cheer for all of OUR teams. It's like their Al Capone, tough guy, Bridgeport crap pride gets a dent in it. It's ridiculous. They talk SO tough, but when their season ends early, they fall SO hard. Never fails and it's hysterical to watch.

Here's another one ... I'm a Bucks fan. Always have been. I was born/raised in Illinois and I was a Bucks fan before the stupid Bulls ever drafted Jordan. I'll take Sikma. Anyways ... when I wear my Bucks gear out to the bars, you should see the looks I get. It's not even that the Bucks suck - nothing to do with that. It's all about, "How can you live here and not be a Bulls fan". Don't make me sick. I hate the Bears, I hate the Bulls. The White Sox are the only Chicago team I can ever love and hell - they're the black sheep of Chicago sports as it is.

As a Chicagoan I only give dirty looks to Minnesota Twin fans.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Chicagoan I only give dirty looks to Minnesota Twin fans.

That makes you a lot more tolerant than me. I like the Blackhawks, but I'm a Quebec Nordiques fan, still waiting for their return. For football and hockey, I'm partial to the smallest markets. Quebec was 2nd smallest to GB. Their new arena will be done in 2015 and it's only a matter of time, they'll be back. As for baseball, for me to be into it, I need to be able to watch it regularly and that leaves me with two choices. When cubs grow up, they become bears, lol. No way. I love the Sox, but quite honestly, during football season, I want literally nothing to do with any Chicago teams. Perhaps I'm just weird that way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the city when I visit for a day. Usually at the Art Institute.
Other than that, it's a great setting for one of my faves, The Blues Brothers.

Reaction score

I can't even imagine living in the Chicago area as a Packer fan! That's got to be a brutal experience because their fans up there just loathe the Packers. Where I have lived all my life, as a kid back then there were only half of the number of NFL teams that there are now, so the closest teams geographically to pick to root for were the Bears and the St. Louis "football" Cardinals. And I remember, too, at an earlier time, in addition to the Bears, Chicago had the "football" Cardinals before they moved to STL. Most of the people and friends of mine in our area chose the Bears except for myself; thanks to my Dad's wisdom. There were a few kids who worshipped QB's and became Baltimore Colts fans (Unitas) and L.A. Rams (Roman Gabriel). Then later came the '72 Dolphins and the bandwagon fans just immediately hitched a ride with them and have ridden them ever since. It's just weird who cheers for what teams and why regardless as to where a person lives. A good friend of mine who is a St. Louis Cardinals fan accepted a job transfer to the Skokie area and he was not well-received by Cubs fans. I can understand that, I guess, knowing the Cubs history and I tend to agree with you, PFLander, probably about 95% at least, of the fans from such a huge city cheer for their sports teams and choose one or the other (Cubs or Sox) within that city. Hell, I'm a Cubs fan, but I'm smart enough to realize and accept the fact that the Sox have accomplished far more success and usually put a much better product on the field with a chance to win than the Cubs. In my area, Colts fans have the largest fan base, no doubt. And judging from the number of people I see sporting their team's gear, the Bears fans would rank second, but after that, comes the diversity; Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, Broncos (Manning love) and now, Bengals fans are once again emerging. But there are also MANY Packer fans sporting gear which I am pleased to report. As much as I hate the Bears, I respect their fans (well, somewhat) because I know they are die-hard fans of their team just as are Packer fans. Both teams have been around since Jesus Christ was an alter boy and have been great ambassadors to respresent the league. Packers/Bears is the best rivalry in the NFL as are the fan bases.

Last edited:

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
That makes you a lot more tolerant than me. I like the Blackhawks, but I'm a Quebec Nordiques fan, still waiting for their return. For football and hockey, I'm partial to the smallest markets. Quebec was 2nd smallest to GB. Their new arena will be done in 2015 and it's only a matter of time, they'll be back. As for baseball, for me to be into it, I need to be able to watch it regularly and that leaves me with two choices. When cubs grow up, they become bears, lol. No way. I love the Sox, but quite honestly, during football season, I want literally nothing to do with any Chicago teams. Perhaps I'm just weird that way.
As a Slovak, I actually become turgid at the mention of Anton, Peter and Marian Statsny

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even imagine living in the Chicago area as a Packer fan! That's got to be a brutal experience because their fans up there just loathe the Packers.

Actually, since about 1992 ... being a Packer fan living in Chicago has been an easy breeze, lol. The Packers' dominance of the Bears since then, has made the Bears dominance of us in the 80's, look like nothing. It ain't hard living here at all, but putting up with the mafia wannabe loudmouths can be annoying, that's all.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Well ... their BAC levels pretty much tells the whole story there. She was being just as stupid as he was.
Well, you know what I always say...a Taser without alcohol is like a day without sunshine. The link was posted for comic affect.

Something tells me that you might have made a big deal about of being Packer fan at work. Some ribbing is hardly a cause for outrage. It's not like they played some damaging or costly practical joke.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you know what I always say...a Taser without alcohol is like a day without sunshine. The link was posted for comic affect.

Something tells me that you might have made a big deal about of being Packer fan at work. Some ribbing is hardly a cause for outrage. It's not like they played some damaging or costly practical joke.

By all means ... I choose to walk around wearing Packers gear in the arch-rival city. I totally expect to get crap for it. That isn't my point. My point is, these very same two people ... I decided to quiz their knowledge of the Bears by asking them a few routine trivia questions about their team's history. One of these ********, actually thought it was the 1984 Bears who won the Super Bowl, since that season's Super Bowl was played in the calendar year of 1985. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

I'm not implying that we all need to be every-fact genius's about our team's history. But, if a dude is going to run his mouth, then I'm going to see what they know, regarding their supposed "fandom". These two morons failed big time and instead of me being upset because the Packers lost, I was laughing at them, while they walked away in a huff and a puff pissed off, because I put them on the spot and they were made to look stupid. I sure got a kick out of it, lol.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with Bears fans is that they're still living in 1985. These guys haven't moved on from Ditka and the '85 team yet. I feel like they're especially bitter because the Bears are never TERRIBLE and always mediocre. So fans can always taste success a little bit before it all goes for nothing. I think this makes them a little more mean-spirited than if they were just terrible all the time. It probably doesn't help that the Cubs haven't won in a billion years. At least they have the Blackhawks and Bulls to cling to.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with Bears fans is that they're still living in 1985. These guys haven't moved on from Ditka and the '85 team yet. I feel like they're especially bitter because the Bears are never TERRIBLE and always mediocre. So fans can always taste success a little bit before it all goes for nothing. I think this makes them a little more mean-spirited than if they were just terrible all the time. It probably doesn't help that the Cubs haven't won in a billion years. At least they have the Blackhawks and Bulls to cling to.

Exactly. I've never known of another fan base who constantly refers to their greatness by one season. It's all "85 Bears, '85 Bears", all the time and nothing else, somehow forgetting that the Bears do have 8 other world titles. I don't run around blabbering '96 Packers or 2010 Packers all the time. It really doesn't matter what happens from here on out, or what happens in the future, really. The NFC championship game gave us bragging rights forever on them and that's it and that's that!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts