Anybody remember this thread?

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people on here and me disagree on here a lot, btu I think we can all agree about this article:

Aaron Rodgers vs Tony Romo

It was on espn too. Or at least an article remarkably similar. I remember getting into a huge argument with some cowboy fan about this... He even told me that at the end of his career, Tony Romo would be considered a top 10 qb all time.

Anyways, the guy who wrote this has to feel like a total d-bag right now.

Edit: I don't know why I said thread in the title, I meant article.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I remember that article.
The first thing that jumped out at me was this comment: "In the NFL, quarterbacks are judged by regular season wins and losses, division titles, playoff victories and Super Bowls."

I agree to a point. However, Marino, Moon, and others were considered great more so because of their stats and persona accomplishments rather than their team accomplishments.

I think the reason some people had a problem with anointing Rodgers as elite because it was too soon which I agreed to an extent. But that's also a point on Rodgers to make him elite. He's the first QB to throw for 4,000 yards in their first 2 season starts. If he didn't miss any games, he would have done it in 3 years. He was so impressive in his first 2 seasons, people wanted to put him in the top 5 immediately whereas thought he needed to put a little more time before he could be considered as great as Manning or Brady.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That article is laughable.

I'm not sold on Romo sucking, I think with the right band of receivers and enough time to throw he can be quite deadly. He is judged harshly because of the fact that Dallas suck as a whole. Mind you, on another forum I did say at the end of next season Bradford will be above Romo on most QB lists. One thing he has to prove though, is post season success, or just getting to the post season to start *snicker*

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Mind you, on another forum I did say at the end of next season Bradford will be above Romo on most QB lists. One thing he has to prove though, is post season success, or just getting to the post season to start *snicker*

Well, I'm not sure how he'll do it, but if Bradford can squeak past that Seattle Seahawks Juggernaut, he'll be fine.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
In Charlie Whitehurst, they believe.:Heristical:

Just another reason I feel lucky that my team has a great QB, as I'm sure Packer fans are as well - there is certainly a shortage of great ones in the league right now.

As to Tony Romo, I get the feeling Jessica Simpson was only with him so she could feel like the smart one for a change.

OP
OP
P

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know nobody is talking about this, but Aaron Rodgers now has the best post season winning percentage of any ACTIVE qb. Aaron Rodgers: 4-1 80% Ben Roethlisberger: 10-3 77% Tom Brady 14-5 74%

I dunno, thought it was pretty cool. He now has the best regular season qb rating of all time (98.4) best post season qb rating of all time (112.6) and the best post season winning percentage of any active qb. Pretty impressive resume...

Members online