1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody here have a Slingbox?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by bozz_2006, Feb 12, 2008.

1. favre95

favre95 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Very true...but a sling box can be transported to different places to feed video VIA the internet. As long as there is a video connection available.

The slingbox is a neat little device. It has a bit more flexability than just getting the NFL ticket. But...both have it's advantages and disadvantages.

One thing you could do, is record the streaming video on your PC and place it on your HD if you are not home. Then watch it later. So a DVR may not be needed.
  2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +617 / 6 / -0
    I'm sure that's what I'll do. I'll have to see if I can get DirecTV where i'm at next year. The slingbox idea may work, but it's a lot of hassle, and just too shady for me. The Packers are pure and beautiful, and i don't know if i want the bitter taste of marginal criminal activity in my mouth every time i turn on the TV to watch them!
  3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Where won't Direct TV get a reception?

Have one shipped to you and subscribe online.. seems like a lot less hassle to me.
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +617 / 6 / -0
    that's not it. I will be living in a house or apartment provided to me free of charge by the church with which I'll be interning. What I meant was, i'll have to find out whether or not they'll let me get a dish. I live in an apartment in St. Paul now, on the campus of the seminary i attend, and they don't allow satellite dishes... so i'm stuck paying like $80 a month for the basic digital cable package from comcast. not cool. hopefully, i'll be in luck and will be able to get directv next year. step 2 is convincing my wife that The Ticket is a worthwhile investment! hahaha. i'll give her some schpeel about maintaining my mental health and well-being.
  5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    That's in unfortunate.. when I lived in the apartments in Green Bay I setup a tripod on the deck of the apartments on sundays and when I needed to use it.. after that.. it was in the closet so no one would swipe it.