Anybody else notice that the Bears look kind of tough so far this year??

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Chicago/Detroit game last week but didn't know what to make of that game because both teams were so awful last season, but today against the Cowboys, the Bears looked pretty tough.

I'm beginning to think it's going to be a lot tougher of a match up than anyone originally thought a week from Monday on MNF...

Ugh.. makes me sick to think that Cutler and the Bears could have a better game than Rodgers and the Packers and come away with a W...

The Vikings are doing their job, starting off 0-2, as are the Lions... I don't think ANYONE saw the Bears starting off 2-0.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its a matter of the cowboys being rated way higher than they shouldve been than the bears playing much better

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to see Chicago as more of a threat than the Vikings this year. But like chuck said, Dallas is always overrated by the talking heads. And Dallas seems particularly bad so far this year.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is that while I agree Dallas is playing like ****, we aren't looking so great so far this year either. We seem to really struggle playing well through 4 quarters. Our run game looks anemic thus far, and Rodgers get's off to shaky starts. Defense actually looks pretty good, O-line seems to play pretty well, I was particularly pleased with Bulaga's play today. Gave Rodgers plenty of time. Receivers seem to be doing a solid job, as long as Rodgers can find the open one and accurately deliver the ball, it seems like he's having a problem finding the open receiver and throwing on target balls.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is that while I agree Dallas is playing like ****, we aren't looking so great so far this year either. We seem to really struggle playing well through 4 quarters. Our run game looks anemic thus far, and Rodgers get's off to shaky starts. Defense actually looks pretty good, O-line seems to play pretty well, I was particularly pleased with Bulaga's play today. Gave Rodgers plenty of time. Receivers seem to be doing a solid job, as long as Rodgers can find the open one and accurately deliver the ball, it seems like he's having a problem finding the open receiver and throwing on target balls.

Despite the bills being the bills, they have a superb secondary. dont get too worried

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers and Bears have been playing close games for the last few years that I remember. Going to be a good game.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are always tough. It we lost I would be bummed but division games are always tricky. I won't be surprised either way.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if our o-line > bears d-line... we win. Easily.

Although I do think our running game needs to be better than it's been.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do look alot better and their young players have a more experience and are developing, but it is just a matter of Dallas being exposed for being way overrated. Detroit actually worries me more, I think they may have a pesky little team there.

White92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a great think the Bears won. It is less likely now that the Pack would overlook them.

I'll be there! Can't wait!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody would look tough against the Cowboys right now. I don't think it an issue where the Bears are that good, but rather the Cowboys are that bad. But I do think them the #2 seed in the North at the moment. Behind the Pack and ahead of the Vikings and Lions respectively. I wouldn't underestimate them though, but I think the Pack is in for win #3 next week. I hope McCarthy gets on 'em this week, we need to play all 4 quarters as brilliantly as we did the 2nd half of the Bills game. I'm thinking Rogers is gonna have a decent game, Jennings, and I'm not worried about our D at all. That's for the Bears offensive line to worry about.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO the Boors are better than I thought they were. Playing them at their turf is a though call. But I still don't see them making the playoffs. I think they're a 9-7 team at best, and that if the queens are as bad as they seem.

Kallalives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the bears are anything that really needs to be feared they have yet to beat a team with a win, and they would have lost against the lions if not for a bad rule. Furthermore, eventually mike martz's high power pass offense will cause jay cutler to through a bunch of picks. If the Packers play that 1-5-5 defense a lot on Monday night they should no problem getting multiple turnovers against the bears.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Im just worried about our running game. Quite Frankly it sucks. If our O-Line can give Arron enough time to find someone open we will come away with the W. Blunga played really great yesterday.

Hope Clay Mathews can get another 3 or more marks added to his sack count. If he keeps this up he could be better than the great Reggie White...

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im just worried about our running game. Quite Frankly it sucks. If our O-Line can give Arron enough time to find someone open we will come away with the W. Blunga played really great yesterday.

Hope Clay Mathews can get another 3 or more marks added to his sack count. If he keeps this up he could be better than the great Reggie White...

Woah, waaayyy too early to draw that comparison lol...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woah, waaayyy too early to draw that comparison lol...

Holy! REGGIE WHITE???!!! Agreed, I'm feelin it but not a Reggie yet!!! Although, based on what I've seen, I can say Matthews may just be the one person to usurp Reggie's record. But that is many many moons away and a lot of football to go!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have some fun against the Bears O-Line, they are worse in that aspect than anyone expected. They didnt deserve that win against the Lions, but I havent watched the game with Dallas yet since I was at Lambeau.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too ealry to comparisons but I'll say this:

Without a single ounce of doubt, Clay Matthews III is the most dominant defensive player I've seen since Reggie White.

Kampman had a HUGE motor, and KGB was really fast, compiled a lot of sacks, but CM3 is a freak. He just dominates. It's very different, if you look at the tape. He manhandles the opposing guy every single time, through different methods, no matter who's blocking him; He has a terrific knack for the ball, always making plays. He has a nonstop motor to go with his freakish athleticism. And he looks cool doing it (VERY important part).

Woodson is an incredible talent, one of the best DBs I've seen. But, again, he's a DB. He shines in some moments, but a DB can't impact the game every single play. You can just throw to the opposing side.

Wow, do we have a lot of talent. Woodson and CM3 on D, Rodgers, Finley and Jennings on O... Not to mention the "role players" like DD, Sitton, Collins, Jenkins, Barnett...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have some fun against the Bears O-Line, they are worse in that aspect than anyone expected. They didnt deserve that win against the Lions, but I havent watched the game with Dallas yet since I was at Lambeau.
They were getting completely manhandled. There's no other way of looking at it, their OL is probably the worst in the NFL.

That being said, Martz called a BRILLIANT game, he adjusted perfectly for it. He has a lot of trick plays that keeps the Ds honest, and he gets the job done.

Of course, I've been calling the Cowboys secondary suspect since last year, and now that they only had 3 active CBs, and their S SUCKS BALLS, they couldn't adjust. Damn those Cowboys are overrated.

They also played the AWFUL Lions, who have probably THE worst secondary in the league (to go along with terrible LBs minus Julian Peterson).

It'll be a very different game against Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams, Nick Collins and Morgan Burnett...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bears fans are getting super cocky all a sudden. I'm being taken back to 2005 when all the Bears fans came out of the woodwork then have been hibernating the past few years.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people seem to forget this is a mike martz offense. he was figured out ages ago. all we have to do is study our history and we'll be fine. like cutler throws 4 ints and we win by a 50-7 margin fine

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Chicago/Detroit game last week but didn't know what to make of that game because both teams were so awful last season, but today against the Cowboys, the Bears looked pretty tough.

I'm beginning to think it's going to be a lot tougher of a match up than anyone originally thought a week from Monday on MNF...

Ugh.. makes me sick to think that Cutler and the Bears could have a better game than Rodgers and the Packers and come away with a W...

The Vikings are doing their job, starting off 0-2, as are the Lions... I don't think ANYONE saw the Bears starting off 2-0.
Yeah I am surprised personally however I don't foresee them continuing this success. First off they barely beat a pretty poor Lions team, and honestly they lost that game except for getting bailed out by the refs. Also, the Cowboys are not the team people expected, they hardly look like a Super Bowl contender.

I am more worried about this game than at the beginning of the year but honestly I still fully expect a Pack victory.:chisux:

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans are getting super cocky all a sudden. I'm being taken back to 2005 when all the Bears fans came out of the woodwork then have been hibernating the past few years.
Bears fans have a funny habit of only showing themselves after winning a few games in row...

Members online

Latest posts