Any one noticing the Giants fans going to far?

Reaction score
Jeezuz... Eli got sacked 6 times and essentially got his team in position to score a mere 10 points. The other 10 came from muffed kick returns.
Just like in the Packer game... HE GOT LUCKY.

I swore I wouldn't watch, but since I rarely got the opportunity to see the 9'ers play {an entire game instead of extra coverage via network}, I really wanted to see how good their D was and it was as good as advertised. You guys deserved a better fate, obviously. Pretty sickening! The Giants caught us on our worst day, too, but in yesterday's game, the 9'ers D did everything they needed to do {for most of the game} yet it came down to turnovers. Don't mean to cry the blues over our teams' losing but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good as they say and now we have two of the luckiest teams vying for the SB which definitely SUX:mad:

Reaction score
Jeezuz... Eli got sacked 6 times and essentially got his team in position to score a mere 10 points. The other 10 came from muffed kick returns.

Nothing against Smith, Texas 9'ers fan because he was off yesterday especially in that fourth quarter when he just needed to make a few plays and no doubt, had a very respectable year, but could you imagine how good they could be next season had they been able to snag Andrew Luck and reunite with Harbaugh? I really like Jim Harbaugh! I live just 80 miles west of Indy and although I'm not a Colts fan, I got the opportunity to see him play a lot and really admired his competitiveness, grit and will to win. The guy is a winner and his team is no "fluke!" They're buying what he's selling and the 9'ers are going to be a tough out from now on.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I swore I wouldn't watch, but since I rarely got the opportunity to see the 9'ers play {an entire game instead of extra coverage via network}, I really wanted to see how good their D was and it was as good as advertised. You guys deserved a better fate, obviously. Pretty sickening! The Giants caught us on our worst day, too, but in yesterday's game, the 9'ers D did everything they needed to do {for most of the game} yet it came down to turnovers. Don't mean to cry the blues over our teams' losing but sometimes it's better to be lucky than good as they say and now we have two of the luckiest teams vying for the SB which definitely SUX:mad:

Both the Ravens and Niners did what they could to lose in the end. But it was worse for Baltimore to me. They had the game winning TD......

The Giants have the team of destiny look to me at times this year again. I started to wonder about them when they got the hail mary vs. the Packers. Then when the game last night went to OT I said to myself "OH MY GOD."

Reaction score
Both the Ravens and Niners did what they could to lose in the end. But it was worse for Baltimore to me. They had the game winning TD......

The Giants have the team of destiny look to me at times this year again. I started to wonder about them when they got the hail mary vs. the Packers. Then when the game last night went to OT I said to myself "OH MY GOD."

Yep, as good as the Ravens and 9'ers D was, ironically, it was special teams that sealed their doom, although, Evans should have corralled that pass from Flacco. Game over, right there with 22 ticks left! PUKE!!!! And somehow I knew {just as you mentioned, I thought the same thing going into OT in NFC game} that even if the Ravens had to settle on a FG that they would somehow find a way to lose in OT. Just something about playing in Foxboro during the PO's. It's a visiting teams "Bermuda Triangle!" As for the 9'ers, Smith just could not connect with the receivers on crucial thrid down plays there in fourth quarter drives. Geeeze! He missed a wide open receiver over the middle for a first down that would have kept the drive alive and possibly sealed the game with a TD drive or a FG because I don't think N Y would have ever gotten the ball back with enough time left even if they were only down 7. Just a shame! Giants got the calls, breaks and some big throws by Manning when he needed to make them. That's football, though, and BOTH these teams look like the teams of destiny and I AM HATING ON IT.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Interesting though, this is the third time in history there has been a SB rematch between QBs. And the first time winner won the second time around:

Terry Bradshaw-Roger Staubach X: Steelers, 21-17 XIII: Steelers, 35-31
Troy Aikman-Jim Kelly XXVII: Cowboys, 52-17 XXVIII: Cowboys, 30-13
Eli Manning-Tom Brady XLII: Giants, 17-14 XLVI: to be determined

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yep, as good as the Ravens and 9'ers D was, ironically, it was special teams that sealed their doom, although, Evans should have corralled that pass from Flacco. Game over, right there with 22 ticks left! PUKE!!!! And somehow I knew {just as you mentioned, I thought the same thing going into OT in NFC game} that even if the Ravens had to settle on a FG that they would somehow find a way to lose in OT. Just something about playing in Foxboro during the PO's. It's a visiting teams "Bermuda Triangle!" As for the 9'ers, Smith just could not connect with the receivers on crucial thrid down plays there in fourth quarter drives. Geeeze! He missed a wide open receiver over the middle for a first down that would have kept the drive alive and possibly sealed the game with a TD drive or a FG because I don't think N Y would have ever gotten the ball back with enough time left even if they were only down 7. Just a shame! Giants got the calls, breaks and some big throws by Manning when he needed to make them. That's football, though, and BOTH these teams look like the teams of destiny and I AM HATING ON IT.

Ravens can blame themselves too. Not only for the mistakes vs. the Pats but also not getting the first seed. Ravens blew a few games IMO they should not have lost this season. Jags game for example is really huge now looking back. Ravens were perfect at home this season and shaky on the road.

Does not seem to matter as much for the Giants. They might actually be better on the road then at home though.

Reaction score
Somebody {Eli or Brady}, I got a feeling, is gonna lay an egg in this SB and have a miserable {well, maybe not miserable, but costly picks, possibly} game. Brady did not have a great game due to the Ravens D, yet he is facing another good pass rush vs the Giants, but rarely do you see him have two bad games in a row and especially on "center stage" ala the SB. That's what scares me because I detest that guy! I think the Pats can run the ball pretty well, but their D is atrocious. Manning with time? Could be a long day for NE! So far, Manning has made the plays when needed and the Giants should be able to run the ball on the Pats effectively. Still comes down to the passing game and which QB comes up big and which one turns out to be the "goat" with some picks. Something has to give! As a Packer fan and a friend of A LOT of Colts fans around here, this game is unwatchable for me. I was sooooo hoping for a Harbaugh bros. matchup. I don't have a horse in this race, but I wished there could be TWO LOSERS! Knowing Colts fans as I do, that atmosphere inside Lucas Oil SHOULD favor the Giants. STILL unwatchable:mad:

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So True man, don't expect the Giants fans to realize this though..lol. Anyway How do you watch any 49er games, Down where I live in Texas they never show the 49ers. Always showing the Cowgirls though..

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So True man, don't expect the Giants fans to realize this though..lol. Anyway How do you watch any 49er games, Down where I live in Texas they never show the 49ers. Always showing the Cowgirls though..
I stream the games from various sites. If you want more info on that, PM me.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Manning looked so great out there is because our d-line gave him all day back there

Yeah, what about the 49ers game? He had ZERO time and was sacked crunched and stumbled vs the #1 defense in the league. What does he do? 315 yards 2 TDs ZERO Turnovers.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Manning looked so great out there is because our d-line gave him all day back there

Yeah, what about the 49ers game? He had ZERO time and was sacked crunched and stumbled vs the #1 defense in the league. What does he do? 315 yards 2 TDs ZERO Turnovers.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Manning threw two passes that were clear picks, and the only reason why they weren't intercepted is because the SF defenders ran into each other. The ball was right in the defender's hands and his own player inadvertently knocked it out. Both times.

Don't get too puffed up about Manning's zero turnovers.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So please tell me, why is Eli so much better than Rodgers? I really want to hear it.

he has 2 Super Bowl wins and came from behind against SF and NE...there is no gaurantee Rodgers ever gets back again or wins if he does.

and the trading QB thing is pure fantasy, you have absolutely no proof or clue they would do well in another situation.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he has 2 Super Bowl wins and came from behind against SF and NE...there is no gaurantee Rodgers ever gets back again or wins if he does.

and the trading QB thing is pure fantasy, you have absolutely no proof or clue they would do well in another situation.

You were waiting for the chance to say this huh, claiming you're a Packer fan and all.

Eli has had 2 SB seasons and several meh, pretty middle-of-the-road seasons in which he was anything but elite. SF and NE were both in position to win but lost because of critical mistakes. Eli played well but so did some other players. If it weren't for the fact that his 3 WRs came alive and played lights out...almost no drops and some great catches when it counted.

Packers and Pats receivers had some very bad drops and you're blind if you didn't see it. But no, "fans" like you just look at the QB and nothing else and say, he threw X yards, got X completions and X TDs.

Sure, there's no guarantee Rodgers gets back again but i'll pull money on Rodgers getting back there before Eli does, and on ROdgers having better overall seasons in the next 3 years than Eli.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts