Any news on Poppinga and Murphy?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppinga could be on the PUP list at the begining of the year.

I have not heard anything but given the nature of the injury, and likelyhood of drafting one LB in the draft, Popinga will be the #5 or #6 LB.

No need to rush him back. Look for more contribution from him in 2007 when healthy and the contracts of Thomas and Taylor expire.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earlier, I read a very optimistic article on Poppinga which said he was well ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation. I haven't heard anything lately on either guy, however.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just looking at the "Ask Terrence" section on the Terrence Murphy site, and these were some of the Q&As.
Q. Terrence can you please update me and all of your other fans on your recovery and when will you be back with the Green and Gold.
A. I'M ACTUALLY FEELING REALLY GOOD. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING PICK-UP FOOTBALL IN TEXAS AND PLAYING BASKETBALL, DUNKING AND EVERYTHING...SO I FEEL REAL GOOD AND I'M BACK UP TO MY NORMAL WIEGHT AND READY TO GO.

Q. I have been hearing alot of news that you may be be retiring due to your injury and I just wanted to know if this is true or not?? Because now with Walkers future in GB up in the air we really need you more than ever and I really would like to see you become the next big thing in the NFL
A. AS OF NOW I'M A GREEN BAY PACKER, AND I'M AT THE FACILITY LIFTING, RUNNING, AND CATCHING WITH MY TEAM. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN AND PRAYERS! I'M ACTUALLY FEELING BETTER THAN EVER AND I'LL BE BACK AND PLAYING FAST JUST LIKE I USED TO.

appears is if he believes he's coming back.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD,R. Gardner,R. Feguson and T. Murphy are four solid recievers,lets hope Gardner plays to his potential for once, Ferguson gets his head out of his a** and murphy can come back 100%.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
DD,R. Gardner,R. Feguson and T. Murphy are four solid recievers,lets hope Gardner plays to his potential for once, Ferguson gets his head out of his a** and murphy can come back 100%.

Amen!

And here's to hoping we get equal value to the value Javon has for himself!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

Buckeye...they are OK but there is really no #1 receiver there. In my mind. DD and Gardner are #2's Murphy MAY develop into something but probably a 4 at best this season. Fergusoncan't be counted on for anything.

OP
OP
C

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

Buckeye...they are OK but there is really no #1 receiver there. In my mind. DD and Gardner are #2's Murphy MAY develop into something but probably a 4 at best this season. Fergusoncan't be counted on for anything.

DePack: Dont you remember that we have never had any need for a #1 receiver, like TO???

Please stop posting this stuff, let Gardner and Boerigter show us that they are #1 receivers and Fergy will show us this year what he is made of !!! Ja,Ja,Ja.... :twisted: :wink:

I hope Murphy comes back because we are thin in WR !!! Well just my opinion !!!

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
DePack said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

DePack: Dont you remember that we have never had any need for a #1 receiver, like TO???

Please stop posting this stuff, let Gardner and Boerigter show us that they are #1 receivers and Fergy will show us this year what he is made of !!! Ja,Ja,Ja.... :twisted: :wink:

I hope Murphy comes back because we are thin in WR !!! Well just my opinion !!!

Chamuko,

I agree. We don't have a need for a #1 receiver like T.O....or Randy Moss...or Javon Walker... Donald Driver is as good or better than any WR who played in the last Super Bowl. All-Pro WR's are a luxury, not a necessity. How many Pro Bowls did New England's WR's play in when thet were winning 3 Super Bowls?

Just to leave on agreeable note, I agree with you about Fergy. I've seen that movie before, and the ending always sucks.

Latest posts