Any coverage of the ring ceremony?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite frankly the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. By far. I liked the Saints' one, I think the Raven's one is the ugliest by far (that eye of the bird is incredibly weird), but this ring is absolutely perfect, men.

I am more of a fan of the classics myself, though I did like our last one alot. Each their own I guess.

L

Lunchboxer

I think the XLV ring looks the best out of the 4. Looks more brighter and has more color than the XXXI Ring.

It really stands out.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like they also have 3 more collections of rings - one for fans, one for shareholders, and one for season ticket holders:

PackersProShop.com » Rings

There's 3 pages of fan rings/pendants/etc! I'm gonna go broke ;)

What I'm disappointed is that the actual rings don't look anything like the Super Bowl XLV ring. There is a paperweight and an acrylic of the actual ring, I want one of those instead. I guess they don't want fans to go around selling off the rings pretending they're the actual rings, although it should be fairly obvious that they're not.

Looks more brighter and has more color than the XXXI Ring.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the XXXI ring at the Hall of Fame at how bad it looked. Not enough color.

By the way, at the Hall of Fame, they let you create your own ring on a touch screen, though you can't actually buy it or anything. You just get the image of it. Last year I got behind a Steelers jerk who made an XLV ring with 7 Super Bowl trophies, saying over and over again "that's the one we're getting this year." Oops...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've heard that the NFL Network had cameras rolling throughout the presentation ceremony. Perhaps to air later?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally love the ring. It's not just beautiful to me in its physical aappearance, but it's also beautiful in all it represents. When I look at that ring, all this season, every moment (good and bad) every player, every emotion, it just flashes before my eyes. I think this ring is special because it may very well be the first of many for a lot of the guys on this team.

I also interpret this ring ceremony as a good sign that there will be a next season and a strong possibility of another ring to follow it! :)

Congrats Packers! Every step of last season has led you to this! Enjoy!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh, there'll be a season...from what the guys at TheFan 107.5 and Sean Jones were saying the other night, they're close... Sean Jones is sticking with his mid-July over/under. Sounds as the players want all of the brown M&M's removed from the pre-game tables and the other rich guys aren't budging an inch. Those damned brown M&M's...I tell ya...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The husband of one of the ladies my wife works with is a Packer office employee. She brought his ring to work with her to show it around. My wife tried it on and it covered most of her middle finger. Also commented that it was really really heavy. (I'll remind her of this when she wants a bigger rock.)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Holy smokes.... I can honestly say that I wouldn't allow my wife to take that thing ANYWHERE beyond the safe-deposit-box. No way, no how. She'd probably have the jewels extricated and the gold melted down to make an extra large ankle bracelet along with the "you don't wear jewelry anyway" excuse... uhn..uhn... not a chance.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Holy smokes.... I can honestly say that I wouldn't allow my wife to take that thing ANYWHERE beyond the safe-deposit-box. No way, no how. She'd probably have the jewels extricated and the gold melted down to make an extra large ankle bracelet along with the "you don't wear jewelry anyway" excuse... uhn..uhn... not a chance.

Safe deposit box? You would have to kill me to get it off my finger!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best three rings to me were the Giants last ring, the Colts last ring, and the Patriots last ring (the Patriots are the ones who started the look the other two copied). I'm not sure if I am just a homer but this ring looks just as good to me.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The best three rings to me were the Giants last ring, the Colts last ring, and the Patriots last ring (the Patriots are the ones who started the look the other two copied). I'm not sure if I am just a homer but this ring looks just as good to me.

Yep, you're just a homer......

..............J/K, I like the rings!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Their daughter picked it up and was going father's day shopping before she took it home. I think her mother told her home THEN shopping!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I contacted Jostens about the rings they offer. Apparently they really don't want you to have an actual ring that looks like the real ring. The paperweight is double the size of the real ring, whereas the acrylic thing has a model ring inside, but they say if you try to take it out, it will ruin both the acrylic and the ring. I guess they expect that if you buy one off them, you're going to put it up on eBay as if it was a real ring. Which is a shame, because I wanted a ring I could wear that actually looks like the real ring, not a cheap knockoff.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I contacted Jostens about the rings they offer. Apparently they really don't want you to have an actual ring that looks like the real ring. The paperweight is double the size of the real ring, whereas the acrylic thing has a model ring inside, but they say if you try to take it out, it will ruin both the acrylic and the ring. I guess they expect that if you buy one off them, you're going to put it up on eBay as if it was a real ring. Which is a shame, because I wanted a ring I could wear that actually looks like the real ring, not a cheap knockoff.
Yeah me too but, like you said, it would be too much trouble with replicas.

Plus, this way, it's a more personal thing for the players and staff, as well as something extra for the shareholders.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I was looking at the Jostens website because I was thinking of replacing my long lost high school class ring. I remember I paid 35 bucks for a silver one. Cheapest one now is like $259.

Taylor lawrence

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post, and I figure I'd take it back to some great days.

Throwing it way back here, but I was wondering how any of these items have held up over the years. Also looking for some help, I know this might be a long shot. But does anybody know what items they sold in that entire fan collection?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts