1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any AROD news?!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DTown SBrown, Dec 13, 2010.

1. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 4 / -0
    Im hearing rumors of out next week to week to week basis on concussion test results due to it being the 2nd of the season for him.

Anyone track down the new concussion rules and know what the real deal is?
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings Received:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    New NFL Concussion Rules Take Effect - CBS News

This is all I've found on last year's new rules. It doesn't appear that there are any newer rules (other than those regarding illegal hits) and in most of the articles I've read, this is all I've seen in terms of an official statement by the NFL.

There's nothing in there about 2 concussions in one year, the cutoff is simply whether or not he is still symptomatic and he must be cleared by an independent neurologist.

EDIT: just after posting, I realized it says "in part", but I haven't found anything that lists the entire statement, just this part.
  3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings Received:
    +317 / 0 / -0
    NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive League announces stricter concussion guidelines «

The entire press release, from NFL.com. Again, nothing in there about number of concussions in a year affecting anything.
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,429 / 81 / -25
    I have never heard of anything about the number in one year being a factor.

We wont have much info until Wednesday or Thursday. If he practices at all he plays.
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    There is no rule that he has to sit out a week..

Just that the test might get a little harder to pass.
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +944 / 25 / -9
    Agreed with what everyone above stated. He has to pass a battery of tests and be cleared by both a physician and a private, 3rd party doctor, before he can practice.

What people are saying is, because it's his second in only a matter of months, it could be tougher to pass the test this time around.

Edit- We won't have any solid info until Wed. at the soonest.
  7. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +220 / 6 / -2
    There is no rule about having two in one season, but I think from Rodgers' health point of view, I'd like to see him sit next week. This is our franchise, and this season doesn't have a lot of optimism left as far as I'm concerned. Protect his health. Two in two months is scary.
  8. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +13 / 1 / -0
    living on the east coast here in canada i'm surrounded by patriots fans. they are licking there chops about getting to rodgers.

i'm a big Packers fan and was wondering if maybe Rodgers should sit this one out. not because of the patriots but being the 2nd concussion he could use the rest. also the last 2 games of the year may be the most important of all season. right now i think our only chance of the payoffs is to beat chicago for 3rd seed. wild card is not looking good
  9. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    right now i think our only chance of the payoffs is to beat chicago for 3rd seed. wild card is not looking good[/QUOTE]

Nah man, if we beat the Giants week 16 we could be a wild card, and if we have the same record as Philly, we have the tiebreaker. But I do think our best shot is for the division. I think it is definitely a possibility that the Bears lose out.
  10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +659 / 16 / -0
    He has to pass the written test, and he can't have any lingering symptoms. If there's any doubt, he should sit out.