1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anttaj and Clink

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerTraxx, Apr 12, 2005.

1. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NF ... gtests.htm

Anttaj Hawthorne and Jonathon Clinkscale,from the UW, both tested positive at the NFL Combine according Pro Football Weekly.

Their stock will drop considerably. Do we draft them as a "steal" now when they drop? Or do we not touch them because of that background?

Personally I'd take Hawthorne in the 3rd and try to sign Clinkscale as a free agent. We have a need at both positions.
  2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - I just saw that as well on PackerChatters.com
    (which redirected to ProFootballWeekly)

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    if "the substance" is weed then i don't think it's cause for huge concern. ricky proved you can smoke weed and dominate in the nfl. granted hes not a great example, but i think his problems lie in his cooky brain and not so much his weed habit.

like mr. traxx said, if we can use this new info to grab some legitimate talent in late rounds then i say go for it...of course we wouldn't be the only team on that same line of thinking.
  4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    AG - I think every GM in the NFL has already switched their Draft boards based on this news.
  5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    im sure they have.
  6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hard learned lesson for 2 young men. Will cost each a lot of money.
  7. LOREN

LOREN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was some pot smokeing

had the nfl draft happened after the mid point of the 2004 college season, hawthorne would have been a top 15 pick in the first round

but after he basicaly took the second half, like so many badgers did, completely off. his stock has dropped severly.

he still has enough talent to be a first round pick, but he just doesnt get it done all the time. hes spotty in his efforts, much like kgb is.

even if he drops to the third round, and thats a pretty safe assumption, i dont want gbay to take him

gbay doesnt have the luxury to take a player thats a great talent--but a project at any draft spot. they need help and they need players that can play right now.

in the third round hawthorne may be a real steal for a very talented team who can work him in and allow him to develope, he still could have a nice nfl future, if he gets his head staight and continues to learn.