Antrel Rolle expected to be released.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals expected to release S Antrel Rolle - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I know Packer nation is going crazy right now especially since secondary help is a necessity. I wouldn't mind if TT at least makes an effort to get Rolle since he has extensive experience in the 3-4. However there are things that bother me though, such as is he worth the price tag? Bear in mind that he was drafted to play CB but ended up failing so the coaches had to move him to safety. Although he did well as a FREE saftey, the packers' needs lean more towards a STRONG safety.

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i'd much rather have Carlos Dansby or Antonio Cromartie being sought after/brought into Green Bay, but if both of those two guys dont work out, i would be happy with Rolle at least for depth's sake

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Cardinals expected to release S Antrel Rolle - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I know Packer nation is going crazy right now especially since secondary help is a necessity. I wouldn't mind if TT at least makes an effort to get Rolle since he has extensive experience in the 3-4. However there are things that bother me though, such as is he worth the price tag? Bear in mind that he was drafted to play CB but ended up failing so the coaches had to move him to safety. Although he did well as a FREE saftey, the packers' needs lean more towards a STRONG safety.

I would love to see Rolle on our team. He is a good free safety, and I think Collins would definitely be capable of playing strong. I would LOVE this move.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Rolle on our team. He is a good free safety, and I think Collins would definitely be capable of playing strong. I would LOVE this move.

I disagree about Collins, he shouldn't be moved out of his element like how Kampman was with his. Instead I think Rolle can come in and play as a nickel or dime corner where all he has to do is play zone, or in situations where Capers plays underneath with two safeties playing deep.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I disagree about Collins, he shouldn't be moved out of his element like how Kampman was with his. Instead I think Rolle can come in and play as a nickel or dime corner where all he has to do is play zone, or in situations where Capers plays underneath with two safeties playing deep.

Yeah, ideally, but I can't imagine Rolle coming to a place where he's going to have a limited nickle and dime roll.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, ideally, but I can't imagine Rolle coming to a place where he's going to have a limited nickle and dime roll.

Which is exactly what makes me think, is he worth the cash? Plus some people here are also willing to bring in Cromartie for the same reduced role.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Which is exactly what makes me think, is he worth the cash? Plus some people here are also willing to bring in Cromartie for the same reduced role.

Agreed. You don't think Collins is good enough to make a move to strong safety though? Its got to be more of a natural move than going from d-end to OLB. I would think he would be fine at that position.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. You don't think Collins is good enough to make a move to strong safety though? Its got to be more of a natural move than going from d-end to OLB. I would think he would be fine at that position.

Hmmm Collins might be a good fit at SS but then again you might never know. I remember in the Dallas and Chicago games, Capers lined up Collins close to the line of scrimmage to either blitz or cover the flats. He sacked Tony Romo, pressured cutler and stopped the run a bunch of times. Placing him in the strong slot may not be a bad move but to be on the safe side I wouldn't move him there permanently. Remember, we did struggle against the deep throws against better Qb's so I'd rather have my best cover guys playing deep.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Hmmm Collins might be a good fit at SS but then again you might never know. I remember in the Dallas and Chicago games, Capers lined up Collins close to the line of scrimmage to either blitz or cover the flats. He sacked Tony Romo, pressured cutler and stopped the run a bunch of times. Placing him in the strong slot may not be a bad move but to be on the safe side I wouldn't move him there permanently. Remember, we did struggle against the deep throws against better Qb's so I'd rather have my best cover guys playing deep.

Yeah, I agree. We do need an upgrade in the backfield, and ideally you are right, we should be looking to fill strong safety first. I would like to have Rolle on our team though. I think he's good.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, I could be saying a lot of BS, but I believe Capers doesn't play with a STRONG or a FREE safety. Instead, he plays left and right. Sure, one has more responsibilities towards the run game, and the other in the support. But I don't remember ever Bigby going to the left side when they begin the formation with the TE on the left...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i'd much rather have Carlos Dansby or Antonio Cromartie being sought after/brought into Green Bay, but if both of those two guys dont work out, i would be happy with Rolle at least for depth's sake

There's certainly no reason not to perform your due diligence on Rolle. But, as will all veteran FA's, he will be priced outta TT's ball park. So, we'll end up with either a poor-man's version of Rolle, or we'll role wit who we got at safety.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts