Anthony Smith

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
S, Jacksonville. I guess we traded for him tonight. WTF? what did we give up? does this mean bigby isnt ready? wasnt this guy on the team last year and cut? jesus christ this is STUPID

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read this too and thought the same thing. We 'traded' for this guy. If we gave up something decent for this guy I'm going to be pissed off.

We had a shot at Marshawn Lynch to fill a crucial key role on our offense. . .and we dont for whatever reason. . . and yet we 'trade' for this unnamed dude?

I hope we got more than just this player in return.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
sky is falling sky is falling

Hint

its never as good as it seems

and never as bad as it seems

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need healthy LBs not safeties.

sky is falling sky is falling

Hint

its never as good as it seems

and never as bad as it seems

not bad so much as WTF why this move, why now? yea he knows the system, but afaik bigby is healthy and coming back this week.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we didn't give up a lot for him, then it's a great move.

He was cut yes but he know the system and is a great addition because he beats anyone else on our squad at that position.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's making a lot of moves on D. I too wanna see what we gave up for this guy, certainly not any draft picks or I'd question TT sanity. Also I'm curious to see what he is gonna do on Monday/ Tuesday (trade deadline) I have a funny feeling we're gonna see some last minute deals as teams are getting desperate.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Who is this guy. What posistin does this guy play for. Is he decent atleast.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith is a solid player. He probably shouldn't have been cut in the first place. He knows the systems and is better than what we have at the current positon.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
he was on the packers 1 or 2 years ago and we cut him then, so there is nothing special about him, he's beign brought back cause he knows the system??? maybe,...

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats the only reason, hes not nance who needs time to learn it, he can contribute next week.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully he has used those few years wisely to develop more. Having experience is huge but knowing our system is a bonus. This wasn't a bad idea, probably from lack of other options. It's not like we have a whole pool of quality players to pick from at this point. Take the best we can get.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im pretty sure Bush is the conditional part. if smith does really poorly, then you guys get bush instead of a pick.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, but no way TT does it. Bush has nekid pics of him. Or something of that nature. Only explanation for his being on the roster currently

More like nobody else wants him so therefore we are stuck with him. We couldn't give him away at this point even if we included a bonus of a years worth of Snickers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Smith was cut from the Pack b4 cuz of his attitude that McCarthy hated...Ted listened to his coach and now he is telling his coach deal with him

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts