Anthony Hargrove

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
apartment building in Brooklyn that burned down when he was 5 all the way to the Super Bowl in Miami.
The moment he charged out of that burning building -- along with his mother, Rosa; older brother, Terrence; and younger sister, Tiffany -- he began a life on the run.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/lee_jenkins/01/28/anthony.hargrove/index.html#ixzz1qBdoVccx
Where was his father?
Also, Donald had a bad childhood, but he hasn't acted like this once he became an adult.
Still a bit concerned by Hargrove's background as he's had trouble as an adult.... maybe he's totally over it. But guys like that (Koren Robinson) often can't ever shake it.

Still, I love seeing any guys like this added as our front 7 was handicapped last year with just 2 players and 5 slugs.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was his father?
Also, Donald had a bad childhood, but he hasn't acted like this once he became an adult.
Still a bit concerned by Hargrove's background as he's had trouble as an adult.... maybe he's totally over it. But guys like that (Koren Robinson) often can't ever shake it.

Still, I love seeing any guys like this added as our front 7 was handicapped last year with just 2 players and 5 slugs.

http://www.news-press.com/VideoNetwork/850129909001/The-Saints-Anthony-Hargrove-Speaks-to-AMIkids

I guess you can never say never with someone who has had a substance abuse problem, but I have had heard plenty of good things about Hargrove and not one bad report since he was reinstated. It's been three years, I am convinced.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only issue I have with it, is any involvement with the Bountygate crap and whether he may get suspended, he was interviewed by the league in 2010 according to this

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the league is giving the "greenlight" to teams considering former Saint FA's who they know will not be suspended. It would seem grossly unfair to leave a cloud of doubt over any "innocent" player who is looking for work.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offseason has been a very pleasant surprise so far, and it tells me that TT is willing to break with previous practices of staying away from FA when he realizes that he has to.

This is especially important because all the the signs are pointing to Nick Collins not coming back. That means we have two very big holes to fill in the draft, a) a big-time pass rusher, b) a safety.

The possibility of the Packers trading up to get an elite pass rushing prospect like Fletcher Cox is in the rumor mill, or trying to get the #1 safety in the draft, Mark Barron.

WTG TT.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think like some have said here the defense has taken a step back, and the pass rush needs to improve. I think Ted realizes that's not going to improve with one draft class. I read somewhere that at 270, Hardgrove might be a bit small as an every down DE but would definately help in pass rush situations.

I think, if this is for a moderate amount of money, this is a smart signing. This guy can help.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offseason has been a very pleasant surprise so far, and it tells me that TT is willing to break with previous practices of staying away from FA when he realizes that he has to.

This is especially important because all the the signs are pointing to Nick Collins not coming back. That means we have two very big holes to fill in the draft, a) a big-time pass rusher, b) a safety.

The possibility of the Packers trading up to get an elite pass rushing prospect like Fletcher Cox is in the rumor mill, or trying to get the #1 safety in the draft, Mark Barron.

WTG TT.

If we got Fletcher Cox I will try doing a back flip.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is great news. Raji and Pickett were dying out there last year having to play damn near every down as every other d-lineman was bad except maybe Howard Green who was ok. Having a nice rotation of fresh players will be huge. I assume these are all short term low money deals as well. Imagine if So'oto and Lawrence Guy are ready to contribute as well.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Hargrove, I noticed him here. He might have ended Johnny Knox's career (I think that's him #94):
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bears' Knox will open season on PUP list

Strong chance receiver, recovering from spinal fusion surgery, won't play in 2012

Knox, a former fifth-round pick, is entering the final year of his rookie deal and has a base salary of $1.26 million in 2012. The one-time Pro Bowl pick was offered a four-year contract worth $4 million per season prior to the injury but did not accept the offer.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0326-bears-knox--20120326,0,7001929.story

D

Dan115

Speaking of Hargrove, I noticed him here. He might have ended Johnny Knox's career (I think that's him #94):
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bears' Knox will open season on PUP list

Strong chance receiver, recovering from spinal fusion surgery, won't play in 2012

Knox, a former fifth-round pick, is entering the final year of his rookie deal and has a base salary of $1.26 million in 2012. The one-time Pro Bowl pick was offered a four-year contract worth $4 million per season prior to the injury but did not accept the offer.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0326-bears-knox--20120326,0,7001929.story

He can not be all bad.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Saturday, possibly Lawson, possibly Hargrove...ok, which one of you kidnapped TT and who is taking his place? Or did one of you folks slip something in TT's coffee?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Green Bay is the kind of place that a player like Hargrove can go to find the peace and encouragement that he really needs. Maybe this an indication that TT will keep Driver on the team, not just for his receiving skills and leadership, but for what he can offer as encouragement to a guy like Hargrove.

No matter what, I like the Hargrove signing. It feels like we're adopting a little bit of the Patriots' free agency model.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
It feels like we're adopting a little bit of the Patriots' free agency model.

It really does. I think it will pay off as well. We're adding some depth and filling some holes but we're not emptying our wallets.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT saw the same things we did. All the problems could not be addressed in this years draft. No one should be shocked he is making some moves in free agency to address these weaknesses.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It never has been done...just Hargrove tweeting, McCarthy saying that the met, and TT saying that he won't comment about anything. It's how things roll every time.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're gonna have to pay the man, but I am not worried or even concerned. I could be wrong, but I think the parties are a lot closer than what people think. It would not surprise me in the least to learn that Loomis is just buying some time while he works out other contracts.

From reports that I have heard Drew is actively playing the role of team leader among the players while all the bounty crap is going down.

Even if it costs $100 million it is worth it for an elite QB in his prime. I'm sure the Packers currently have an investment fund earmarked for when A Rod's contract is up.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You caught me. My intent was to say that I liked the notion of trying to sign Hargrove. The fact still remains that he hasn't been signed.
I hope we sign Hargrove but with time going on I have my doubts. The fact is to date the Packers have only signed Saturday during this free agent period unless one includes Muir. :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts