Another Mock Draft

H

HardRightEdge

If you look at nfl.com and espn.com, they each have 8 or 10 mocks from their various analysts.

Inexplicably, TE is mocked as much or more than any other position...still. It's as though they didn't get the memo that Finley was paid his roster bonus and isn't going anywhere. The other frequently mocked position is S. Again, they didn't get the memo that MM is happy with his safeties, but has concerns with the O-Line and D-Line. I was high on a S pick or a FA because I think we're weak there, but I'm not going to bang my head against the wall.

The mockers seem to be in their own bubble...they pick what they think the teams should do without referencing what the teams say they need. I guess the blending of the two isn't linear enough for them.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eiffert has definitely been mocked to us quite a bit. But I think TE makes some sense for us, regardless of Finley getting extended for next year. Hopefully, we get a great contract-year performance out of Finley in 2013 and his higher-upside, cap-friendly replacement is ready to roll as a second year player. Eiffert looks like he can be a blocker as well. I would be disappointed by any other TE prospect in the first round.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Eiffert has definitely been mocked to us quite a bit. But I think TE makes some sense for us, regardless of Finley getting extended for next year. Hopefully, we get a great contract-year performance out of Finley in 2013 and his higher-upside, cap-friendly replacement is ready to roll as a second year player. Eiffert looks like he can be a blocker as well. I would be disappointed by any other TE prospect in the first round.

Agree with you Jay. No matter what kind of year Finley has, I'd be very surprised if he was with the Packers in 2014. They either won't be able to afford him or they won't want him. I'm beginning to think the same thing of Raji. I'll be very surprised if a NT isn't drafted in the first 4 rounds.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eifert's hands are better, I'd be willing to bet he's faster, and I think blocking he and Finley are a push, maybe slight edge to Finley there. I'd rather have Eifert

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji had a freak year in 2010... but yes he has been a very good player since then. The problem with Raji is an issue of snap count. He plays too many snaps in a typical game and when he's been rested he has been a force on the field. Take Vince Willfork, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton and play them as much as the Packers play Raji and I bet they'd look average out there.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take THIS mock draft they got for us at NFL.com here> http://packersinsider.com/?p=5357

I think Eifert will have a career similar to Jason whitten if he goes to the right team and stays healthy...and Jason whitten is a future hall of famer my friends. Idk about the 3rd pick tho, i'd much rather see us take a rb there or even another Wr.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji had a freak year in 2010... but yes he has been a very good player since then. The problem with Raji is an issue of snap count. He plays too many snaps in a typical game and when he's been rested he has been a force on the field. Take Vince Willfork, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton and play them as much as the Packers play Raji and I bet they'd look average out there.

Maybe.

M

mayo44

I do like Zac Stacy as a late pick. Could be steal of the draft. Reminds me a LOT of Frank Gore. And he didn't exactly have a great line at Vandy.

Members online

Latest posts