Another classy gesture

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno but I have a feeling that wearing those shirts might have demotivated them just a tad and led to the loss.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I dunno but I have a feeling that wearing those shirts might have demotivated them just a tad and led to the loss.
Yep, shirts have a demoralizing effect, it's like when my wife wears that "I'm with <- stupid" shirt. lol.
You kidding? When I played football I'd have taken on the other team in diapers. It's how you define yourself. Packers were confident with those shirts. No effect whatsoever.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at least we know we're not only classy when we win. But we also can stick with true sportsmanship and common respect after a tough start to the season.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure class. Pagano has a terrible cancer and the treatment is a tough one to take. Hope he is one of the responders, that's for sure.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
When the tv shot only Woodson and Saturday I thought it was cheesy. Saturday is a Colt by heart, and Charles well shares the name. Will hand it to the Colts for a great second effort, figured halftime would of made the difference.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure class. Pagano has a terrible cancer and the treatment is a tough one to take. Hope he is one of the responders, that's for sure.
Back in the last century, there were actual cures for cancer and clinics were set up.
But the FDA and big pharma wanted to make tons of money off of them and those who developed the cures wanted them to be available to all.
So the treatment centers got shut down and moved south of the border to Mexico.
And what we have left is real crummy compared to those original real cures that were much less painful and less risky compared to radiation, surgery and chemotherapy.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, shirts have a demoralizing effect, it's like when my wife wears that "I'm with <- stupid" shirt. lol.
You kidding? When I played football I'd have taken on the other team in diapers. It's how you define yourself. Packers were confident with those shirts. No effect whatsoever.
You can believe what you wanna believe and I'll do the same. You know, agree to disagree.
It's just that whenever there is a tragedy during the week the Packers play, they don't win.
And I don't think those shirts helped. They brought on some bad ju-ju to the team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the last century, there were actual cures for cancer and clinics were set up.
But the FDA and big pharma wanted to make tons of money off of them and those who developed the cures wanted them to be available to all.
And what we have left is real crummy compared to those original real cures that were much less painful and less risky compared to radiation, surgery and chemotherapy.
I respectfully disagree. Childhood leukemias that killed kids in the 50s are now cured with treatment. There are much better survival rates with most cancers today. Pagano's leukemia was a death sentence in the 60s, but now has a 50% survival for those who go into remission with chemotherapy. I agree about making drugs more available to all. One way would be to do away with patents on drugs, especially life-saving ones, but allow pharmaceutical companies to charge license fees to companies that want to produce them for broader distribution.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Actually, I think the cure for cancer wasn't moved south of the border. It was just moved into Area 51 to treat the aliens and Elvis.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Childhood leukemias that killed kids in the 50s are now cured with treatment. There are much better survival rates with most cancers today. Pagano's leukemia was a death sentence in the 60s, but now has a 50% survival for those who go into remission with chemotherapy. I agree about making drugs more available to all. One way would be to do away with patents on drugs, especially life-saving ones, but allow pharmaceutical companies to charge license fees to companies that want to produce them for broader distribution.
I'm not trying to get into a debate or anything.
I'm pointing out how there are or at one time were better ways to treat cancer then the three choices mainstream medical throws at you.
And those three treatments are big money makers for the medical system. I'm not suggesting they want you to get cancer but they don't give you any other options if one gets it.
There are alternative therapies which one can do on their own which could have better results than the hospital.
And of course there is prevention. It is shown that a diet high in animal proteins can lead to certain cancers which doesn't get as talked about as much as smoking.
There are PSAs on TV of how smoking is bad but not hamburgers and brats.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I think the cure for cancer wasn't moved south of the border. It was just moved into Area 51 to treat the aliens and Elvis.
I would love to take a tour of Area 51 to see what they really have there.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Oh goody!
I was worried that Andy Kaufmann might be my tour guide!

Andy is not the tour guide, my friend... he is the star attraction!!!

Ah, but he left on the last ship to watch the upcoming disaster from a distance.

(I am talking about December 21, 2012... not the presidential election)
:D

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You can believe what you wanna believe and I'll do the same. You know, agree to disagree.
It's just that whenever there is a tragedy during the week the Packers play, they don't win.
And I don't think those shirts helped. They brought on some bad ju-ju to the team.

If the Packers cannot handle adversity with the coaching staff or with the opposing teams coaching staff then that might not be a good sign for their mental toughness.

You might not want to buy into that theory cause it might prove the Packers fall when faced with too many battles.

I don't buy into that theory anyway. It's an excuse. You cannot just show up and win in this league either because of who you are. You need to fight for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Darren Sharper made a great point on NFL today when he said that Packer players are treated almost like Gods in Wisconsin, and almost came out in the second half as if the game was already won. It`s about time they forgot all the T.V. stuff and got back to realising if they want the win, they have to earn it !!! The support for the Colts coach was admirable, they needed to man up and play. We`ve got the personnel, but seem to have forgotten how to do their individual jobs.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not to be cruel but I think GB needs to worry about GB and not another teams coach no matter the situation. I love the classiness of GB but they need some edge and nastiness right now. Maybe some smelling salts, I don't know.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be cruel but I think GB needs to worry about GB and not another teams coach no matter the situation. I love the classiness of GB but they need some edge and nastiness right now. Maybe some smelling salts, I don't know.
Totally agree 100 percent.
He isn't our coach so why the concern?
Shoulda saved the sympathies for after the game. Not before.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Totally agree 100 percent.
He isn't our coach so why the concern?
Shoulda saved the sympathies for after the game. Not before.

I heard that before the game Rodgers was seen in a prayer circle for Pagano with various Colts players.

j/k:laugh:

Members online

Latest posts