Another Bear Arrested!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears tight end John Gilmore was arrested early Saturday and charged with marijuana possession and three other misdemeanors after allegedly refusing to leave a bar.

According to police, an employee asked Gilmore and another person to leave the Leg Room at 7 W. Division St., near 2:30 a.m. CDT. When they refused, police were summoned. Gilmore allegedly also refused orders from police to leave until an officer placed him under arrest.

When an officer tried to handcuff Gilmore, he resisted and a "minor scuffle" ensued, police spokesman Marcel Bright said. Once placed under arrest, police discovered less than a gram of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, Bright said.

Gilmore was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana. He posted bond and was released until a Sept. 15 court date, Bright said.

This is the fourth time a Bears player has been arrested this off-season. A team spokesman said the team has been made aware of the situation and is monitoring events, but the NFL's personal-conduct policy takes precedence.

That policy outlines behavioral guidelines for all NFL players and stipulates the league office handles fines and/or suspensions for all transgressions.

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson was arrested for the second time in eight months on Feb. 12 and charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest outside a Rush Street nightclub. Those charges were dropped.

Cornerback Daven Holly, since released, was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and not having a firearm identification card after a Feb. 28 shooting incident.

And free agent cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. has an Aug. 7 preliminary hearing in Los Angeles for an assault charge, to which he has pleaded not guilty.

The Bears report to training camp Wednesday in Bourbonnais.

LOL.....Pretty soon they are going to have more criminals on thier team than Rex Grossman has Career NFL starts - Idiots!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Bears tight end John Gilmore was arrested early Saturday and charged with marijuana possession and three other misdemeanors after allegedly refusing to leave a bar.

According to police, an employee asked Gilmore and another person to leave the Leg Room at 7 W. Division St., near 2:30 a.m. CDT. When they refused, police were summoned. Gilmore allegedly also refused orders from police to leave until an officer placed him under arrest.

When an officer tried to handcuff Gilmore, he resisted and a "minor scuffle" ensued, police spokesman Marcel Bright said. Once placed under arrest, police discovered less than a gram of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, Bright said.

Gilmore was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana. He posted bond and was released until a Sept. 15 court date, Bright said.

This is the fourth time a Bears player has been arrested this off-season. A team spokesman said the team has been made aware of the situation and is monitoring events, but the NFL's personal-conduct policy takes precedence.

That policy outlines behavioral guidelines for all NFL players and stipulates the league office handles fines and/or suspensions for all transgressions.

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson was arrested for the second time in eight months on Feb. 12 and charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest outside a Rush Street nightclub. Those charges were dropped.

Cornerback Daven Holly, since released, was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and not having a firearm identification card after a Feb. 28 shooting incident.

And free agent cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. has an Aug. 7 preliminary hearing in Los Angeles for an assault charge, to which he has pleaded not guilty.

LOL.....Pretty soon they are going to have more criminals on thier team than Rex Grossman has Career NFL starts - Idiots!

Gilmore and Holly were not even going to make the team and Manning commited his stupid act while he was techniclly still with the Panthers.
Tank Johnson ******** up is a whole different matter because he can actually play and they were counting on him to do just that.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

:roll: Who cares? This really isn't that big of an issue but merely your sad attempt at slamming the Bears. Gilmore sucks, Tank's charges have been dismissed and Manning who knows what happenned and how it will turn out but the secondary is still deep without him. Now if Urlacher gets arrested for knocking up another stripper , well that may worry me a bit. :wink:

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I sometimes forget that the Bears even have a TE on the roster.

Oh, and BTW, this news is two days old.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. If it was a Packer you guys would be all over it - I don't care, it's still funny stuff.

Whats even funnier is you say "who cares" and then go on to defend the guys and give explanations of why they were arrested. So to answer your "who cares" question.....Apparently you do.

What a bunch of criminals. Looks like your team is more pre-occupied with off the field stuff than playing football.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, i've heard enough about Bears players getting arrested. Especially with Tank Johnson's BS and Ricky Manning Jr. beating up people in a Dennys Restaurant.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
LOL. If it was a Packer you guys would be all over it - I don't care, it's still funny stuff.

Whats even funnier is you say "who cares" and then go on to defend the guys and give explanations of why they were arrested. So to answer your "who cares" question.....Apparently you do.

What a bunch of criminals. Looks like your team is more pre-occupied with off the field stuff than playing football.

Actually I stated "who cares" and then showed what supports my "who cares" theory by explaining to you why "nobody cares" because I know your a little slow from time to time. "Who cares." :wink:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
LOL.....Pretty soon they are going to have more criminals on their team than Rex Grossman has Career NFL starts - Idiots!

Great post. Pretty soon the season will start, the packers will continue where they left off from last year, and you will have to post how ugly the Bears uniforms are.

Your backfield looks pretty clean. Self admitted drug addict, charges dropped because wifey wanted paid wife beater, and convicted closet crapper.

EVERY team has its criminals.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will continue where they left off last year - a win against the NFC Champion Seahawks...

Did pyle say something I missed about the Packers not having any criminals? It sounds more like he is just stating a fact which you quoted; the Bears are going to have more criminals on their team than Rex Grossman has career NFL starts.

Oh, and the Bears are idiots. They still suck too.

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
The Packers will continue where they left off last year - a win against the NFC Champion Seahawks...

Did pyle say something I missed about the Packers not having any criminals? It sounds more like he is just stating a fact which you quoted; the Bears are going to have more criminals on their team than Rex Grossman has career NFL starts.

I'd rather SUCK than SWALLOW! :eek:wned:
Last time I checked, it was only three criminals.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DaBearsrule4ever said:
NDPackerFan said:

I'd rather SUCK than SWALLOW! :eek:wned:
Last time I checked, it was only three criminals.

Only 3 criminals? OK...

BTW, I'd choose neither SUCK nor SWALLOW but you can suck if you want to... :eek:wned:

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 3 criminals? OK...
BTW, I'd choose neither SUCK nor SWALLOW but you can suck if you want to... :eek:wned:

This is the part where you whip out a.......

.......BA-ZING!

Or perhaps a.......

.......YOU JUST GOT PWNED!

Or of course there's.......

.......HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT YOU STUPID NUB!

:lol:

DaBearsrule4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, only three criminals.

Tank Johnson
Ricky Manning Jr.
John Gilmore

Sucking, something the Bears won't do this year. :yeah:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now how in the WORLD did i MISS this spit/suck discussion??

hmmm...decisions, decisions... :shrug: :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts