Andre Smith, a Packer?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After declining to perform in the Combine, and a poor performance at his Pro Day workout, I've seen some mock drafts where we take him at 9. I personally wouldn't touch him, he sure has a lot of talent, he may even be the most talented Offensive Lineman in the 2009 draft, but his shameful physical condition shows me that he is lazy and has poor work ethic. Actually, I wouldn't draft an OL in the first round, unless somehow Jason Smith falls to us. But what you guys think about Andre Smith at 9 to us?

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea NFL.com has a new video up of us drafting him , I wouldn't bet on it but they did say GB was one of four teams that interviewed him at the pro day

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol a kicker at the combine benched more then smith.. really?? A kicker out benched a 325lb man?? Smith can be good in the NFL but he has to work for it.. I think he can pull himself together and I think id be fine with the pack risking a pick on this kid considering how bad our Oline is right now.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
I think id be fine with the pack risking a pick on this kid considering how bad our Oline is right now.
Me too.

I just feel like he has #1 overall skills, and that one bad combine doesn't take that away.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Red Flag!!!

How can someone show up at the Combine or his Pro Day in such
a bad shape?
I don't care what 40-time he has, he's an OL, but he managed just 19 reps at bench press.
Not that I could lift those millstones even once, but I'm 165 lbs not 325 lbs.

His beer **** challenge Pamela Andersons implants and he needs two even BIGGER excuses
for his two bad performances to be worth a 2nd round pick IMO.

Reaction score
O lineman and DTS for bench press a good one will get around 30 anything above, good anything less, is bad. then like Defensive ends are 20-25 reps LBS are around 20 or above. then wrs get around 10-15 so he is Very weak for his position and thats the position you need the most strength ....

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess said:
Aa-rodg_is_cool said:
I think id be fine with the pack risking a pick on this kid considering how bad our Oline is right now.
Me too.

I just feel like he has #1 overall skills, and that one bad combine doesn't take that away.

No doubt. There's more than a few other players I'd rather see GB take at #9 but the guy has an entire catalog of film that speaks volumes for his abilities. No word on whether there's a minor injury that prevented him from being at full strength either.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He never lost a regular season game at Bama. He started all games since freshman, and declared ar Junior. The only game he lost was the Sugar Bowl, and for dealing with another agent than his own. He played tremenduously during his tenure in Bama, for me he was the best OL entering he draft. But in my opinion a guy that doesn't mantain his condition during offseason isn't a professional. Maybe if he went to the Dolphins, The Tuna could fix him, but I don't know if MM can do it, he's not that kind of coach.

Onofr1o

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might not be a professional...yet. Most college football players will and do have a hard time transitioning to the NFL. It takes time to mature. He might be good down the road, but only time will tell

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put a lot of stock in his pro-day/combine. Leg strength/technique is much more important anyways.... but really, He was the best OL in the country in the best conference. He would be a great pick at 9.

NormalSizedMidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's obviously an idiot but if he is in shape in season and gains some maturity I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It's obviously a huge risk but the only other player this year who's stock has dropped so much this year is Michael Johnson who's another guy I hear people say the Pack is looking at.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G Force said:
Justin Harrell the 2nd?? Lets hope we go another direction

Smith hasn't had injury problems since high school like harrell... & Harrell isnt lazy like Smith.. He's actually tryin but the guy just keeps gettin injured.. so the 2 are pretty much opposites

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A guy that's injured all the time is not lazy, is not a bad player, is not a problem in the lockeroom, but IS A BUST. He has one more year to prove us wrong. Remember Courtney Brown? He was a very good player, that when was on the field allways performed. But he was injured all the time, and never lived up to his potential... Saying a guy is a bust doesn't mean necessarily he's a bad player or a bad professional, there's a lot involved in a player's sucess, specially a first rounder...

Malk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith would be a fine pick, but only if he continues to fall & we get him in round 2.

Members online

Latest posts