Andre Branch - The Packers Savior

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per ESPN:

First round
The Packers are clearly in need of pass-rush help. They finished second in the league with 47 total sacks in 2010 -- including 13½ from OLB Clay Matthews -- but ranked 29th last season with Matthews contributing only six of Green Bay's 29 total sacks.

With Matthews needing help on the opposite side, Clemson DE/OLB Andre Branch (Scouts Inc. Grade: 92) makes a lot of sense at No. 29 overall. Branch has the initial quickness and athletic ability to get to the quarterback, which would make it tougher for offenses to double-team Matthews, and Branch's experience dropping into coverage and ability to hold up there make him a good fit for the Packers' 3-4 scheme.

yallniggascheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing about not having another pass rush threat is Clay Matthews always having to. They need to look at someone who can take over the other primary role in the 3-4 defense, OLB. Bruce Irvin from WV is a real good prospect, but doesn't quite fit at 28, at least that we know of from mock drafts. He might be the best value at the "tweener" position due to his athletic ability. I expect TT to trade who he likes and where he likes. I would hope you don't target a player at a later point and they are taken before i.e Bruce Irvin. I don't think McCllelin will be a star or pass rush threat, so I wouldn't draft him.

I think Nick Perry could be it too though.

yallniggascheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Bruce Irvin as our OLB draft pick, he has amazing 4.3 speed so he can stay with pass catching TEs or slot receivers and from his highlight videos he can get to the quarterback in an instant. Where would you see him being drafted?

Yea I've done my homework on Irvin as well. He has great speed and much better size than Zach Brown. They say his strength could be an issue at the next level, we'll see. He's a JPP type of project might be worth the risk, but I don't think he is as physically gifted as JPP. Green Bay should have at least 3 pass rushers at 28 available to them, so it will all depend on their value.

Members online

Latest posts