and this is why the Niners are struggling...

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The words of a "true niner fan in the comments section of 'Shutdown corner' (sorry cant link the comments.)

come on now alex is the guy now... get it... the ninersgm knows what he can do...thats why they signed him again... he is the man that runs this offense... he works hard at being the number one qb... why do you think everybody that took his job couldnt keep it... because alex is the man... we dont need another qb for the future alex smith has been waiting for a chance like this and he's had average numbers because he had below average offensive coordinators... if all yall gonna do is hate then hate... feed this man... and you will see this man grow into his own... honestly if he was let go and ended up on the cards, titans, bills, seahawks, bengals, or any team that needs a qb then you will see how this guy starts all those games and spanks on everyteam that could... trust and believe that he aint the bad guy, its everyone that calls themselves a niner...

I am still giggling.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all thank our lucky stars Rodgers fell in the draft and not Smith. If that was the case we would probably be a sub 500 team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one theory that makes me laugh every single time is that "they don't know if Rodgers would be the answer if he was drafted by the 49ers. And that Alex Smith could've been very good if he was taken by the Packers".

That is such BS. You basically take everything that Rodgers has done to improve himself and throw it in the garbage can.

Probabilities are Rodgers wouldn't be THIS sucessful, and Smith would be more sucessful than he is. But MM didn't MAKE Rodgers, he HELPED him. Likewise, changing OCs and OLS didn't BREAK Smith, it HINDERED him.

Rodgers would still be an elite QB if he had gone to SF, and Smith would've never been anything more than a good QB, even if he went to the Packers and was trained under MM for 5 years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like if Rodgers went to SF it would have been like Young and the Bucs.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't label the whole franchise's fan base based on one morons comments. I'm friends with a 49ers fan who lives in North Carolina and he can't stand Alex Smith and a lot of the decisions the front office/ownership makes.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I wouldn't label the whole franchise's fan base based on one morons comments. I'm friends with a 49ers fan who lives in North Carolina and he can't stand Alex Smith and a lot of the decisions the front office/ownership makes.

Except he wouldn't feel that way if the Whiners weren't such losers.

Oh well, this year we may see if it was mostly Singletary's fault.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
How sad for a once great franchise that boasted Montana and Young, still hoping to bring back the glory days. Thank goodness we don't have to engage in this conjecture because our team doesn't stink like theirs does now.

Members online

Latest posts