NFL is fixed????

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, ends my participation in this discussion of one poster’s delusion. Goodell is at the center of it and when asked what possibly could motivate the main actor in his delusion, he has absolutely no answer. And (for the deluded, because the rest of us understand) here’s the reason why: There is no rational motivation for Goodell to orchestrate this conspiracy. And certainly no reason to believe he would risk his livelihood, reputation, and legacy as commissioner by enlisting a group of men he would have to believe to be unethical and corrupt in this unnecessary scheme.
Don't forget that the unscrupulous group of people Goodell employs in this charade also have to be ethical enough to not spill the beans ever.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, ends my participation in this discussion of one poster’s delusion. Goodell is at the center of it and when asked what possibly could motivate the main actor in his delusion, he has absolutely no answer. And (for the deluded, because the rest of us understand) here’s the reason why: There is no rational motivation for Goodell to orchestrate this conspiracy. And certainly no reason to believe he would risk his livelihood, reputation, and legacy as commissioner by enlisting a group of men he would have to believe to be unethical and corrupt in this unnecessary scheme.

because I cant tell you what he does, that validates that it isn't happening ? that's ridiculous.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If the NFL is having referees blatantly make incorrect calls that affect the outcome of the game.....why have they enacted instant replay? The NFL allows coaches to challenge incorrect calls. Every turnover and touchdown is reviewed, and and close call is reviewed within the last two minutes of the game.

Why does the NFL do this? Probably just to make it look like the games aren't rigged.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the NFL is having referees blatantly make incorrect calls that affect the outcome of the game.....why have they enacted instant replay? The NFL allows coaches to challenge incorrect calls. Every turnover and touchdown is reviewed, and and close call is reviewed within the last two minutes of the game.

Why does the NFL do this? Probably just to make it look like the games aren't rigged.
Don't you see man?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's all a charade, a finely woven tapestry, a well written play, a false flag used to lull the masses. I have no actual reasoning for making these claims except my own personal bias but you're a weak minded ignoramus if you don't agree with me!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" ~ Carl Sagan

Very true....if people can't wrap their head around the idea of a lone gunmen in the Texas schoolbook depository....or three ******** with box cutters taking down the world trade center, how are they going to wrap their head around football NOT being rigged?!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all your points, this is the one that doesn't fit your argument, since we know the Congress is capable of exactly this kind of action with much more critical issues.

Kind of my point, look at congress and baseball, if this was happening, there would be at least one of them looking to make a name for himself and blowing the whistle, starting and investigation, etc...

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There really isn't a way to know for sure but I'd like to think that, especially in more recent history, whistleblowers win out over those that conspire dastardly deeds. In the sense that the clandestine actions are ultimately revealed.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. If NFL SB champions were decided by stats, this guy would have a great point.

.Questions

2. Can you imagine your typical NFL head coach, fiery and competitive, consenting to this?

3. Can you imagine how rich these refs would be if they knew the game outcomes ahead of time?

4. You know how much power Vega gambling has and how upset they would be?

5. Why would it be a crime to destroy the tapes? Are NFL rules rising to the level of laws? Did Belechexk commit a crime thus the video was part of a criminal investigation?

6. If the NFL says the games arefor entertainment, does that mean they are not compeitive? Or maybe they are just making a legal point rather than a declaration.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
1. If NFL SB champions were decided by stats, this guy would have a great point.

.Questions

2. Can you imagine your typical NFL head coach, fiery and competitive, consenting to this?

3. Can you imagine how rich these refs would be if they knew the game outcomes ahead of time?

4. You know how much power Vega gambling has and how upset they would be?

5. Why would it be a crime to destroy the tapes? Are NFL rules rising to the level of laws? Did Belechexk commit a crime thus the video was part of a criminal investigation?

6. If the NFL says the games arefor entertainment, does that mean they are not compeitive? Or maybe they are just making a legal point rather than a declaration.

No, according to RamRod, the coaches and players aren't complicit in this and have no idea its happening. Its the referees and the commissioner. Am I getting that right?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and yet these aren't reviewable

Now, here are some plays in a game that are non-reviewable:
  • Penalties. Under no circumstance can a penalty call be reviewed.
  • Forward progress. It's a judgement call on the field by the officials.
  • A fumble after the whistle has blown. At that point, the play is considered dead and can't be reviewed.
  • Any kick going above the uprights
  • Inadvertent whistles
  • Recovery of a fumble in the field of play

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found an interesting read. It's the 2nd chapter of a book "The Economics of the National Football League: The State of the Art (Sports Economics, Management and Policy)" by Kevin G. Quinn (Editor) published 2012. The chapter itself is written by John Vrooman of Vanderbilt University; he holds a Ph. D. in Economics, the chapter is about the economic structure of the NFL.

2.1 Introduction
Sports leagues are unique in that individual clubs are mutually interdependent in their cooperative production of competitive games. As joint members of natural cartels each sports team is only as strong as its weakest opponent. Over the last half-century the National Football league (NFL) has become the most economically powerful sports league in the world largely because it has also been the most egalitarian. In 2010 NFL clubs pooled and shared two-thirds of over $8 billion in revenues among 32 franchises. The underlying source of NFL economic strength has been a survivalist "league-think" mentality that developed from the outset of the NFL-AFL war 1960-1966. Evenly shared national media money has grown at a compound rate of 12% from $47 million annually at the time of the actual NFL merger in 1970 to $4 billion under 2012-2013 TV contract extensions.

BTW; ram29jackson this is what real research looks like:
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/faculty/Vrooman/VROOMAN-NFL.pdf

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
The only reason I continue to post in this thread is because this Ram29 guy is hilarious. His neurosis and paranoia are definitely redeemable qualities.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
youll chirp all the clichés. Any given sunday,anyone can win, people make mistakes, its parity,dems jus da breaks.
it doesn't matter what year, it doesn't matter how much tech they have to make so called better calls. even if you see the thing that really happened, they still lie to you.
people have become so jaded that life is so messy and hard that the simplest truth passes them by because they have been taught to believe anything.
you think that the only proof is if someone comes out and says "I/we did it, hers how"
you are so jaded you forgot to trust your own senses.

a lie is a lie is a lie

Renfro said the ref looked like he saw a ghost.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4:49..aside from everything else that went their way before hand. Even if everything before went right for them, which is bull because odds are the O line held plenty on earlier scores. The fact is the NFL helped Manning with a bullcrap flag and a couple other calls no doubt

a lie is a lie is a lie.
watch this years games a lot closer now. Trust your own senses,not the clichés you've been fed over and over

PS. everyone can think how they want. I don't want to start a war against me. This is just another sports conversation and I'm the new guy here. If I have been insulting in this thread to any/everyone I apologize now. I'm still a Packers and sports fan and I like the site. I don't get mad or cut off real life friendships because of right or wrong disagreements in topics that don't really matter in peoples lives.

besides, just talking stats all day is boring...sometimes. I'm still a fan as long as it doesn't start looking like WWE

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your excuse for manning vs Bucs is..he's a great QB, he's clutch, anything can happen, he's got composure , he's an all star, a one of a kind, he's the best,hey sometimes you get all the breaks...

whats your excuse for a hardly playing back up ( along with the starting running back being out)
coming from behind a 35 point deficit.? hey, anything can happen, they were in a weak AFC,houston wasn't that good...yeah right,what ever.

youll say- there isn't anything wrong. he's actually throwing and their actually catching the ball. yes but I don't doubt the Bills linemen were holding all day and not being called for it. and its espn only showing the highlights. I'm sure the small plays in between had their share of holds called and flags or what ever in favor of buffalo.And don't sling me some bad weather excuse bullcrap either.

the end of the highlights they show the bills committing a penalty but not getting called for it when they intercept to get ball back and win the game. But hey, its ok to show it then because ya know, dems jus da breaks baby...bullcrap.They ignored it because Bills were the team picked by the NFL to win

a lie is a lie is a lie

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah that's right, a Manning Brother has been in 5 of the last 8 Super Bowls and the world just accepts it as entirely possible because "hey, they are just that good, they are the best of the best, it could totally happen man"....

Eli Manning is winner of 2 SBs and yet last year he throws like he's never even touched a football before but the team still goes 7-9....just enough to keep NY ownership happy for having to lose because the SB is NY that year and realistic enough to have a great turn around this year without anyone getting too suspicious...

isn't it fascinating how the aging process works in reverse in sports.

Peyton Manning has a surgery, he's 38 and has the greatest QB Season in the history of mankind !
Ray Lewis says he's retiring before the playoffs start ( he's 38) they magically come together to win one for old Ray.
Elway is around 38 and hints towards retirement and they win a SB finally..this ones for John !...he stays for one more and it happens to be against his old coach.
aren't all of these great,feel good stories that just magically happen !
yeah right..of course you'll say its because they are savvy veterans, the best of the best,highly conditioned athletes . When youre older you are smarter, the young guys don't have the experience yet.
bla bla bla
too perfect an ending happens too often. when you were 36 playing pick up ball against the 24 year olds were you the better one out there ?

come on guys, wake up.

a lie is a lie is a lie

Members online

Latest posts