NFL is fixed????

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html

if this is the wrong section for it,I'm sorry, I didnt know where to put it but I definitely hope people read it and give opinions. LOL yes its a tad long but it will be interesting.

one aspect is that NFL is recognized as an entertainment business and can create their narrative and game outcomes they choose. Also -Patriot-gate- . destroying tapes would have been a criminal offense against the NFL punishable by jail time or fines but the government did nothing to the NFL. Why ? because they are recognized as an entertainment business.

don't just read the first few lines and say " oh, more conspiracy crap " Most of what he says does make sense.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a portion of it

. NFL Security is a reactionary force design to cover up the NFL's problems. After the Hornung issue, the league instituted NFL security and hired former FBI agents and local law enforcement. Their job is to keep any and all stories under wraps and to clean up as many messes as they can. They DO NOT and I repeat, DO NOT do any actual proactive investigating. The NFL commissioner works for the NFL owners, therefore he is exempt from any investigating as well as the owners. Which is why you hear little of the NFL owners illegal gambling ties.

In Dan Moldea's book, it is clearly indicated by interviews with former members of NFL Security that they don't do any actual work until there is a tip. No tip, no work. In the FBI's files of investigations on the likes of Vick, Ray Caruth, etc. a common theme takes place in that, the FBI is investigating these players for other things and information pops up during the course of the investigation that could be detrimental to the NFL and then it is forwarded to NFL security. Then they being work, hence reactionary. Then ultimately they get bombarded with work that is useless and only provides good copy for which the league can say "we are protecting the integrity of the game", case in point, the recent "Bounties" on the Saints from 09-11. This is a nonsense story that is an attempt to steer you away from what is really going on and provide perception that the game is clean.

But yesterday I received a tweet from Damien Woody that said specifically "Bounties are common place in NFL, no big deal". NFL Security also fails to catch real criminals, see Sam Hurd, Jerome Simpson, etc. The NFL Security simply put, is a reactionary force engaged in monitoring player activity and providing damage control in the event of leaked information.

5. Video taping other teams' plays is common practice in the NFL. In 2007 as we all know, SpyGate rocked the NFL world. The Patriots were caught red-handed video taping the Jets plays and signals. The NFL and NFL Security went into damage control by destroying the supposed "only tape" and quickly fired and destroyed the reputation of videographer Matt Walsh. Destroying the tape is a felony as it contributes to obstruction of justice laws as well as tampering with evidence. Another, lowly touted "SpyGate" occurrence popped up in 2010 when Josh McDaniels was caught filming 49ers practices and hand signals. A tip to NFL security led to an investigation of the Broncos and all members involved were eventually fired.

Why were there 2 instances? Once is an accident, two is a trend? I'm inclined to believe that this is common practice in the NFL. But where are the handcuffs on Goodell? They don't exist. Because it would only be illegal if game fixing was occurring in actual sports. Since the NFL argues that they are "entertainment" , than they are in charge of the outcome of their own games and can "produce" their television product how they see fit.

In 2007 a Jets season ticket holder sued the NFL for $185 million and the case reached the US Supreme Court. The court documents are available online at http://thefixisin.net/resources/precendential+opinion.pdf. The Jets fan argued that, all Jets fans are entitled to refunds because they paid for a ticket to a legitimate sporting event. Had he been aware that the games were not real then we would not have gone.

The NFL's attorneys argued that the fan simply "purchased a ticket which gives him a contractual right to a seat in a stadium to watch an NFL game between the Patriots and Jets, and this right was honored." More, Senior Judge Robert E. Cowen agreed stating that a ticket to a game only provides you access to the stadium and nothing more. The fan entered the stadium, witnessed an NFL game, therefore he did not suffer any damages to legally protected right or interest. The fan's lawyer, Bruce Afran disagreed and argued that the NFL committed consumer fraud saying "This seems to suggest that no matter how much ticker holders pay, they can be frauded by NFL teams which puts the NFL on the same level as professional wrestling".

Afran is correct in his judgement based on the interpretation of game fixing laws. A team can't fix their own games for gambling purposes, nor can they fix an intellectual contest (a ruling based n the Quiz Show scandal of the 1950s) But judges ruled that fixing a game for entertainment purposes was completely LEGAL NFL Attorney Shephard Goldfein actually argued in court supporting this argument saying "fans would likely still buy tickets even if they knew teams were stealing signals" In other word, the NFL knows you will still pay to see football even if you knew it was fake because you love football.

Much like pro wrestling. The Supreme Court threw the case out in favor of the NFL which ultimately makes it legal to fix your own games for entertainment purposes.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao are we really supposed to take anything a butt hurt gambler has to say seriously? You do realize this is a degenerate gambler who has lost tons of money thinking he can predict the outcome of a game...right?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao are we really supposed to take anything a butt hurt gambler has to say seriously? You do realize this is a degenerate gambler who has lost tons of money thinking he can predict the outcome of a game...right?

did you actually read the entire thing ? He has in fact looked at FBI files and that court case wasn't a hoax.

each year there are too many perfect story lines/narratives fleshing out. The years they say we need more black coaches and boom, two black head coaches reach the Super Bowl the same year. Rex Grossman has 23 TDs and 20 ints and Chicago makes it to the SB ? I'm sorry but no defense is good enough to pick up that slack. Same goes for the Ravens and Dilfer. Brothers make it to the SB the Same year. SF is favored by 4 and are getting blown out ...so the power goes out for half an hour ?

the Ravens and Seahawks make it to Super Bowls even though their defenses lead the league or top 2nd or 3rd in defensive penalties. How much has to go your way for that to happen ? each year for about the last 10 , the team winning the SB doesn't make the playoffs or loses the first round ? 10 times, 10 different teams and it keeps happening ? they don't have to make the SB again but they should still be competitive.

the Ravens and Rams win Super Bowls basically 3/4 years after they move to new cities.The Oilers/Titans make it to the SB right after they move as well. Carolina and Jacksonville both make it to the conference finals in their second year of existence ? its too convenient, its too repetitive.

SF becomes very successful right before they move to a new stadium with a QB that is still incredibly questionable.
Winning of course generates cash.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so I take it you adults don't think its possible this is going on ? I'm not looking for a troll fest/argument . I simply think this is entirely possible and we've all seen the questionable calls over and over again and the perfect themes of who's successful and who isn't at just that right time.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can someone find a decent replay of the Falcons-49ers playoff blatant none call of pass interference ? I cant. Is it because the league made sure to block it like they have of the Farrior- Tebow winking incident ?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you fix the title to this thread: an interesting article/blog/research about the NFL, you may generate a few more responses.
so I take it you adults ...
Didn’t you say you’re the only adult here because you are a fair weather fan root for all NFL teams and all NFL players? :D

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you fix the title to this thread: an interesting article/blog/research about the NFL, you may generate a few more responses. Didn’t you say you’re the only adult here because you are a fair weather fan root for all NFL teams and all NFL players? :D

because it is well done like an article but none of the outlets under the NFLs thumb want it out there.This was very well researched and I hate the stupid internet term-blog- anyway.
That right I'm a sports fan in general but I believe its become easier to notice dishonest trends in sports and football is trying too hard to make things look so nice because they in fact don't care because they are legally allowed to. But they obviously still keep the curtains closed when you cant find controversial plays on youtube when you can find so much other NFL footage a majority of the time.

D

Deleted member 6794

can someone find a decent replay of the Falcons-49ers playoff blatant none call of pass interference ? I cant. Is it because the league made sure to block it like they have of the Farrior- Tebow winking incident ?

Geez, do you realize the NFL tries to block every single highlight on all other websites than their own. I can watch every single second of the game with my NFL game pass subscription.

Other than that I have to agree with Allouez that the article as well as everything you have posted in the thread is complete nonsense.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that the NFL is, above all else, a business; so it is not outrageous to suppose that the business puts profit above all else--honest or otherwise, so ram29 has a point. But, I have to say that when the article uses a "bogus call" against the Bears as the reason they lost to the Packers, he lost all credibility with me. :D

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous article. A lot of it is finding random bad calls and saying it's evidence for games being fixed.

Or Eli winning the Super Bowl in Indianapolis. You mean to tell me the NFL put the game there and with a plan to help the Giants make the playoffs and then win four games in row to win it all?

The author is clearly crazy.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again, degenerate gambler making excuses about what he lost. Gamblers are ex
did you actually read the entire thing ? He has in fact looked at FBI files and that court case wasn't a hoax.

each year there are too many perfect story lines/narratives fleshing out. The years they say we need more black coaches and boom, two black head coaches reach the Super Bowl the same year. Rex Grossman has 23 TDs and 20 ints and Chicago makes it to the SB ? I'm sorry but no defense is good enough to pick up that slack. Same goes for the Ravens and Dilfer. Brothers make it to the SB the Same year. SF is favored by 4 and are getting blown out ...so the power goes out for half an hour ?

the Ravens and Seahawks make it to Super Bowls even though their defenses lead the league or top 2nd or 3rd in defensive penalties. How much has to go your way for that to happen ? each year for about the last 10 , the team winning the SB doesn't make the playoffs or loses the first round ? 10 times, 10 different teams and it keeps happening ? they don't have to make the SB again but they should still be competitive.

the Ravens and Rams win Super Bowls basically 3/4 years after they move to new cities.The Oilers/Titans make it to the SB right after they move as well. Carolina and Jacksonville both make it to the conference finals in their second year of existence ? its too convenient, its too repetitive.

SF becomes very successful right before they move to a new stadium with a QB that is still incredibly questionable.
Winning of course generates cash.

As already mentioned, a degenerate gambler who has to find a reason why he lost in order to assuage his ridiculous and fragile ego. In case you are not aware, big time gamblers like this guy are at the top of the food chain when it comes to ego. They believe they are 100% right, about every bet they make and the ONLY possible way they can lose is if the fix is on.

FBI files? He mentions them and then goes on to list of bunch of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with FBI files. According to his "article" basically the entire 2011 season was fixed. Let's see what it would take to pull that off.

1. On average an NFL team employs 3,739 people. So that means 119,648 players, coaches, staff, gm's, presidents, etc... would have to agree or never overhear any secret conversation about the fix and if they do, they would have to love their ****** $8 an hour job pouring beers every Sunday so much that they would never say anything.

2. I could not find a solid number but let's say there are 200,00 people working for some sort of news agency in the US, including all newspapers, websites and TV networks (my guess is that number is lower than what it really is) So there you go, that's another 200,000 people that would not have to care, know, or be part of the fix.

3. There are approximately 35,000 people employed by the FBI that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

4. There are 100 senators and 435 representatives, that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

5. Every one of the refs would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

Okay so this is just "part" of the group of people that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix. That number roughly totals 320,00 people.

Now do you honestly believe a conspiracy of this scale could be carried out without a single one of those people ever bringing this to light? Think for just a second, 320,000 people that have the possibility of knowing the NFL is fixed have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

The president of the United States could not get head without the entire world knowing about it and that was blown (pun intended) by a much smaller group than what it would take to carry out this kind of conspiracy mentioned in this article.

Last thing is, he is right the NFL is a business, to the tune of 9 BILLION dollars are year, which all goes away the moment PROOF of a grand scale fix that this guy suggests comes to light. They would not risk the revenue by getting caught doing this and they would be caught, period, end of story.

If you honestly believe anything otherwise, i have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Any time you have a business that generates that type of massive cash flow, there will be some sort of coruption. No way in hell will you have all honest little boy scouts working for you. Weather they get caught is another thing. Money can turn angels in to demons. There is **** going on indeed, to what level, we here will never personally know, but to think that it is all comfy and fluffy and nobody is doing dirty deeds with 9 billion floating around is just silly. Game fixing: Is it being done? Maybe.... maybe not. We don't have to look far to see it, FAIL MARY was an example..... a blown call at the last seconds of the game to decide a winner? When it finally comes to light that the ref who made the call is seen in pictures some time later hanging out with seattle players ..... c'mon..... even stevie wonder can see through that bullsh!t. Is it is prevelant as some writes and blogs think, probably not.....but dirty underhanded **** goes on with any big business and money talks and BS walks.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any time you have a business that generates that type of massive cash flow, there will be some sort of coruption. No way in hell will you have all honest little boy scouts working for you. Weather they get caught is another thing. Money can turn angels in to demons. There is **** going on indeed, to what level, we here will never personally know, but to think that it is all comfy and fluffy and nobody is doing dirty deeds with 9 billion floating around is just silly. Game fixing: Is it being done? Maybe.... maybe not. We don't have to look far to see it, FAIL MARY was an example..... a blown call at the last seconds of the game to decide a winner? When it finally comes to light that the ref who made the call is seen in pictures some time later hanging out with seattle players ..... c'mon..... even stevie wonder can see through that bullsh!t. Is it is prevelant as some writes and blogs think, probably not.....but dirty underhanded **** goes on with any big business and money talks and BS walks.

I am not saying that nothing shady has ever happened. I am sure it has, but to act like basically an entire season was on the fix is pure horse manure.

H

HardRightEdge

It would be naive to think no NFL game has ever been fixed. Such a vast conspiracy, however, is highly implausible.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
again, degenerate gambler making excuses about what he lost. Gamblers are ex

As already mentioned, a degenerate gambler who has to find a reason why he lost in order to assuage his ridiculous and fragile ego. In case you are not aware, big time gamblers like this guy are at the top of the good chain when it comes to ego. They believe they are 100% right, about every bet they make and the ONLY possible way they can lose is if the fix is on.

FBI files? He mentions them and then goes on to list of bunch of stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with FBI files. According to his "article" basically the entire 2011 season was fixed. Let's see what it would take to pull that off.

1. On average an NFL team employs 3,739 people. So that means 119,648 players, coaches, staff, gm's, presidents, etc... would have to agree or never overhear any secret conversation about the fix and if they do, they would have to love their ****** $8 an hour job pouring beers every Sunday so much that they would never say anything.

2. I could not find a solid number but let's say there are 200,00 people working for some sort of news agency in the US, including all newspapers, websites and TV networks (my guess is that number is lower than what it really is) So there you go, that's another 200,000 people that would not have to care, know, or be part of the fix.

3. There are approximately 35,000 people employed by the FBI that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

4. There are 100 senators and 435 representatives, that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

5. Every one of the refs would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

Okay so this is just "part" of the group of people that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix. That number roughly totals 320,00 people.

Now do you honestly believe a conspiracy of this scale could be carried out without a single one of those people ever bringing this to light? Think for just a second, 320,000 people that have the possibility of know the NFL is fixed have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.

The president of the United States could not get head without the entire world knowing about it and that was blown (pun intended) by a much smaller group than what it would take to carry out this kind of conspiracy mentioned in this article.

Last thing is, he is right the NFL is a business, to the tune of 9 BILLION dollars are year, which all goes away the moment PROOF of a grand scale fix that this guy suggests comes to light. They would not risk the revenue by getting caught doing this and they would be caught, period, end of story.

If you honestly believe anything otherwise, i have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

You hit the nail on the head with this reply man. Well done.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys use the words conspiracy. There is no conspiracy. The courts recognize the league as an entertainment biz and so they can manipulate anything, anyway they want.

and no, the entire league doesn't need to know anything is happening. The officials and the commissioner are the only ones who need to know anything. Players may wise up after a while but they are paid 7 digits or more to do what ever the hell they want. The average career is 4 years so what do you gain if you scream foul ? nothing..and agin it doesn't matter because the league already said in court that they are an entertainment biz.

the news networks and the NFL are all in bed with each other,its all about profit. You make noise youll never get another job anywhere.You have a family and life to fund/feed.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score

again, the NFL isn't doing anything wrong because they are an entertainment business.
any politician who makes noise is obviously looking for support or votes for what ever reason.

a politician did ask why spygate tapes were burned and nothing ever came of it.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its happened in front of your face countless times watching so many football games,especially the primetime games.
You see something happen on the field, you know what you saw, its too obvious. Every replay angle confirms it, your eyes didn't lie to you. But the ref does it,he makes a call that is completely opposite of what you know you saw. You know he's wrong. And the guys in the booth don't pursue it. They go right along with some stupid scripted explanation or ignore it entirely because the league mandates they do so. And then during or after the game comes some stupid pseudo intellectual, quasi reasoning you simply accept as truth. The league might give a feeble " the ref made a mistake and we are sorry it happened" ******** but nothing is retroactive or corrected. Its over, the league bent the game how it wanted.
And even though you know what you saw, you still say the same crap. "Its a tough game,you cant win them all, humans make mistakes,on any given Sunday anyone can win."
after you say those stupid things to yourself for the 20th time you need to wake up and realize its a bunch of bull.

Members online

Latest posts