An Early Look at the Packers first round Draft pick?

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch. I don't even think Samardzija gets considered as high as Lynch could go. So ideally we could snag both :) Although I'd be kinda disappointed if we didn't take a DL with our first pick (unless AP or Johnson is on the board).

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see us get Brian Leonard from Rutgers in the 3rd or 4th rounds, he'd be a great special teams guy for us and a good contributer on offense in a year or two.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see us get Brian Leonard from Rutgers in the 3rd or 4th rounds, he'd be a great special teams guy for us and a good contributer on offense in a year or two.

Played FB this year too, and could give us an option out of the backfield similar to Henderson maybe :feedback:

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yah ive watched alot of his game highlights, in 2005 he was their leading rusher and in 2006 he was their leading pass catcher to facilitate Ray Rices talents. Hes a very unselfish player and after watching Mike Karneys exploits this week i just got thinking that Leonard could do a job for the Packers.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a pash rush end would be my #1 priority help the defense force turnovers a tight end would also be a big help and another wr dont want to count on k-rob, he can play but how long til he breaks the rules again, and ferguson stinks

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we get Merriweather cheap in the 4th or 5th, he's one of the best covering safeties in this draft, and we need a covering safety.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are who the Packers should target for the 1st round:
S-LaRon Landry-LSU
S-Reggie Nelson-UF
RB-Marshawn Lynch-Cal
WR-Tedd Ginn Jr-OSU

*If we go S/WR in 1st, we should snag Michael Bush or Kenny Irons if one of them fall to us in the 2nd.

*If we go w/ Marshawn in the 1st, we should then look for S-Brandon Merriweather in the 2nd or 3rd. (dont see him going past 3rd).

*If Brett Favre does not return, (I pray he stays 1 more, the Pack are def heading in the right direction, and he is still proving he is a top QB in the league.), we should keep the same 1st round strategy, but then hope that Troy Smith will fall to the 2nd, or look for a Drew Stanton, John Beck, Tyler Palko later in the draft.

Packers 2007 Mock Draft:

1st- S-LaRon Landry-LSU / S-Reggie Nelson-UF
2nd- RB-Kenny Irons-Auburn/ RB-Michael Bush-UL
3rd- WR-Steve Smith-USC / WR-Dwayne Bowe-LSU / DE Justin Hickman-UCLA /
4th- RB-FB Brian Leonard-Rutgers / CB Kenny Scott-GT
5th- TE Clark Harris -Rutgers

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Hasn't Landry gotten Ed Reed comparisons?

That is correct. The way things are looking we may not have the chance to draft the kid though, but I am all for it if he makes it to us. He could work well with are already young-stellar defensive playmakers (Hawk & Collins). I know this season ain't over by a longshot, but I cant wait till next year the Packers look like an up & coming team and I couldnt be happier !

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:packbeer: Of those listed at the above site I sincerely hope the Pack tries to get DT A. Branch of Mich. They really need someone with the power to collapse the inside against both the run and the pass.
That right there is my boy. Just an absolute monster of a dlineman. Big Michigan fan here, and whoever drafts Alan Branch is getting a keeper. Flat out stud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts