An Early Look at the Packers first round Draft pick?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:packbeer: Of those listed at the above site I sincerely hope the Pack tries to get DT A. Branch of Mich. They really need someone with the power to collapse the inside against both the run and the pass.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thought, which of course will change many times over.

BTW, does anyone truly believe that A. Peterson will last until the #8 pick in this draft?

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The other big question however is where we're going to be picking. Up untill Sunday it looked like No. 5/6, but if the improvement continues and the Bears rest key starters, it could be anywhere between 8 and 12.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a CB #1? I dont like it.
a DT #1? I dont like it.

Adrian peterson #1? I LIKE IT!

but it doesnt matter what I think.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Interesting thought, which of course will change many times over.

BTW, does anyone truly believe that A. Peterson will last until the #8 pick in this draft?

Peterson won't last until 8. Green Bay, Houston, or Cleveland will have at least a top 5 pick and they will take him there in all likely hood.

I think the Hall projection is the common sense pick but I don't believe that's what GB would do there. I think they'd take AP or Branch before Hall.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with Peterson is that if he can stay healthy he could be awesome but I wonder if he is capable of changing his running style and getting his pads lower.

If he can't or doesn't he could be a top eight bust always found on the injury list.

MM talks about players "availability" and with his running style I wonder if they won't consider him to big of a gamble. RB's get hurt enough when they have mastered going full speed with their pads low to the ground.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's no guarantee with draft picks...

No matter where you pick...right?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Branch in the first. Reggie Nelson or Zbikowki in the second.

Nelson could end up being our 1st round pick. His stock has soared and he's a top 20 pick right now and he could even pass Laron Landry for 1st safety off the board.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Marshawn Lynch would be the best pick for Green Bay

i feel comfortable with ahman as our RB for the next 3-4 years i would wait untill there is a better RB class

Ahman's 31 years old though..they start declining REALLY fast at 32..runningbacks do...

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why hasn't this been moved to the draft forum?

Gakk- There is no draft forum.

Lighten up.... If you want to be a "MOD" PM Ryan, fill out the application, go through the interview and then start Modding if you make the team.

It is the middle of the week.... There is nothing wrong with a conversation about the future on the Packer Forum.

RP

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson won't want to play safety for at least a couple more years when he finally feels as if he is losing a step. It's obvious he can still play corner, and the only reason he played free safety in Oakland was because their entire secondary was asswater, and having Wood as the last line of defense was the best option they had.

Leon Hall is a great corner, but it's painfully obvious the Pack needs a safety STAT. Landry from LSU brings the FUNK and just flat out makes plays. Nelson is a converted corner who could have the flexibility to interchange with Woodson once that scenario arises and depending on the scheme, but I'd rather have an intimidator like Landry back there.

I will also say that I agree with those who think AD can't be passed on...that kid is unbelievable, but I don't know if he'll fall that far.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
why hasn't this been moved to the draft forum?

Gakk- There is no draft forum.

Lighten up.... If you want to be a "MOD" PM Ryan, fill out the application, go through the interview and then start Modding if you make the team.

It is the middle of the week.... There is nothing wrong with a conversation about the future on the Packer Forum.

RP

there is a draft forum, ignorant fool!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a question. Does anyone think we draft any different according to if Brett comes back. Hopefully this year we know if he's returning by then and then I'd like to see us hopefully pick up someone with an immediate impact. If he's not coming back I'd be sooner up for us taking a safety with a high pick and let him mature.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gbpackers0065 said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Marshawn Lynch would be the best pick for Green Bay

i feel comfortable with ahman as our RB for the next 3-4 years i would wait untill there is a better RB class

Ahman's 31 years old though..they start declining REALLY fast at 32..runningbacks do...

Ahman Green has already declined in his game. Packer fans can't let go of great players. It's just in our blood. :thumbsup:

I agree with Lynch. He would be a nice fit for the Zone Blocking Scheme and is a better receiver out of the backfield than AP. AP can take on the workload better but Lynch might be the better fit.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with Peterson is that if he can stay healthy he could be awesome but I wonder if he is capable of changing his running style and getting his pads lower.

If he can't or doesn't he could be a top eight bust always found on the injury list.

MM talks about players "availability" and with his running style I wonder if they won't consider him to big of a gamble. RB's get hurt enough when they have mastered going full speed with their pads low to the ground.

He had some injuries to get through last season, but still played throughout. This season he was looking great until that freak collarbone injury. That considered, there isn't a concern about him staying healthy. The collarbone is not going to slow him down at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts