An apology to Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans, and Jan Cavanaugh

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like someone said before... at least he apologized. No matter how big or small you think the act is. It still takes a real man to come out and say sorry... Cut him just a little slack for doing the right thing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Rob, but I'm not forgiving. I don't think it was genuine, I think the attack from the get go was premeditated (see Aaron Nagler's Cheeseheadtv article on it, on Rodgers' agent and Jay Cutlers' (Bus Cook) agent).

And that he only did apologize for his own sake, so that his website didn't get boycotted by Packers fans.

To me it's too little too late. Never going back to that site.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I'm honestly glad he apologized - the way he was dug in the day before, I thought we'd never see it. Something about it makes me think NBC got some pressure and told him to apologize but instructed him to say they hadn't made him (if he'd said they were making him do it, it wouldn't have saved their lost business), but there's really no way of knowing and I don't want to do the same thing he did to Rodgers...it's difficult to determine what's in a person's heart.

I'll just put this one in my "Who knows?" file, I guess.

There goes my Aaron Rodgers: You can barely see his horns t-shirt idea. :D

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
going over how he got the story...

got emails on the video..

saw Rodgers walk by Jan with ear phones on..

Has experience with cancer and acted on emotion, with out looking into it more..

As people started to push back, his Italian heritage made him stubborn..

But as he slept on it, he realized more to story...

Never really point that made him changed his mind...Just nagged on him that he did the wrong thing...Got caught up in the emotions...Once he apologized he felt better and ready to move on
Ugh. Italian heritage? I have italian blood, my grand granma is from Florence, and that doesn't mean I act like an overaggressive *********.

I hate him even more for that...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh. Italian heritage? I have italian blood, my grand granma is from Florence, and that doesn't mean I act like an overaggressive *********.

I hate him even more for that...

That made my Italian blood boil too.

I am glad he apologized, but in one sense, he just did what he had to do to try to salvage his credibility because he knew he'd messed up. He didn't really have much of a choice.

I say just let it go and be done with it. Let Aaron take care of it on the football field. That's all we need. Can we channel whatever remaining anger and emotions from this into the Bears? We have a football game this Sunday that could very well take us to the Superbowl. Forget this nonsense. Bring us the Bears!

Reaction score
He didn't need to apologize really. Just because he doesn't sign a piece of paper or packer apparel doesn't meant the guy an ******* epically when he has previously met with the same person and has talked to her and signed autographs. Remember these guys are human beings just like you and me. Are you going to stop every 5 seconds to sign an autograph when you have to be focused for one of the biggest games of your life. For any one who has played competitive sports you know when a big game comes you work hard and stay focused on the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
People are wondering why Florio didnt apologize to Brett

Maybe cuz the evidence he had , showed Brett was guilty?

Or maybe not enough pressure was put on him

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know, but it was relevant to the convo and if I dont post the link their will be the comment "where did you hear that?" or "source"

I guess the concept of using google escapes some

Hence why I do the let me google that for ya bit

LOL

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Favres daughter defended Rodgers and called him a nice guy. This whole love fest is weird.

I do feel bad when people go on twitter and attack her, but its her choice to make her twitter public I guess...

Members online

Latest posts