An apology to Aaron Rodgers, Packers fans, and Jan Cavanaugh

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers appeared today on The Dan Patrick Show.* During the interview, Rodgers addressed the video that appeared over the weekend on WBAY-TV in Green Bay, with Rodgers walking past Packers fan and cancer survivor Jan Cavanaugh as she sought an autograph. “I’ve met Jan*on previous occasions,” Rodgers said.* “As the video shows,…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Credible journalism, I miss you!

Agreed, he's a hack. It would be nice if this would cast him in half the bad light his rush job did to Aaron, but people already think little of Florio, so it won't make an ounce of difference.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Lombardi haunted him in his dreams I bet. Vince hated journalist, and if one ever wrote a hit piece like that he would have chased him out of town. Well... had Ray do it for him actually.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the very last paragraph shows that he's not entirely sincere. It's a good effort, and it's well written, but he just doesn't mean it.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the very last paragraph shows that he's not entirely sincere. It's a good effort, and it's well written, but he just doesn't mean it.

Kind of like Favre saying Rodgers is the best QB left, but he has the best receiving corps ever and the defense deserves the MVP?

Yep, thinly veiled attempts showing that both parties are trying to say the right thing, but sticking to their true feelings.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
At least he apologized, now what agitates me is I want our QB focused on this upcoming game. No offense to Aaron, but the fans want to see him lead the Packer to wins, then they want his autograph. if we want media yahoo's we still got Favre, (finally found a use for him now :) ) So get the drama off our current QB's shoulders and have him play some Lights Out football and start earning himself some championships.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, whatever Mr. Rodgers. I still don't buy it, but you tried to make amends, so let's forget it and move on to getting focused on beating the Bears!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well hopefully this will be a HUGE lessoned learned for him. I'm glad he finally did write an apology.

Florio in case anyone is confused in who I'm talking about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
going over how he got the story...

got emails on the video..

saw Rodgers walk by Jan with ear phones on..

Has experience with cancer and acted on emotion, with out looking into it more..

As people started to push back, his Italian heritage made him stubborn..

But as he slept on it, he realized more to story...

Never really point that made him changed his mind...Just nagged on him that he did the wrong thing...Got caught up in the emotions...Once he apologized he felt better and ready to move on

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers not even acknowledging her is what bothered him more than not signing for her

Thats it...

I think he was honest..I have acted on emotions on stuff and not listened to entire story in the past.,.It can happen

But he knows he needs to do more research before posting

Members online

Latest posts