Week 7: 3
Week 8: 17
Week 9: 0
Week 10: 0
Week 11: 0
Week 12: 14
Week 13: 0
Week 14: 0

It seems we come out sleep walking in the 3rd quarter. Now, the positive thing is, we are usually winning these games, but it is still an alarming stat. Thoughts...

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
o yea i have for sure noticed this. usually if were up after halftime we let them get back in the game with conservative offensive calls. then realize they are back in the game and get our **** together in the fourth.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somone said it... conservative play calling due to leading at the half. Thats my guess. Although it works its not ideal. Look at the Niners game. There are 4 quarters, play them.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has no poker face. He is so easy to read, so by half time other teams have figured out his game plan and stop us. Its not so much pass verses run or run verses pass, but mixing it up enough to keep the defense off balance.

That and the other thing is the O-line. I think teams by half time understand how to play our O-line, how many they need to rush the QB to get pressure and drop more into coverage. When they realize they can rush 3 and 4 people and get to A-rod, they start to drop more into coverage.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's because we're winning those games. As long as in the 4th quarter we're doing good, which we are, and which is the most important quarter of the game, I'm fine.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also have ZERO points on our first possession of the second half in something like 29 games, according to Greg Bedard. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'll give you that it was a division game yesterday, but come on. We have GOT to play much better if we're going to have a chance to compete.

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
conservative playcalling when we are ahead/mentality of 'dont blow it we are up' lets other teams back in it

we need to improve in putting teams to the sword, a game is virtually never over at half time

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd quarter scoring:

Week 1: 0
Week 2: 0
Week 3: 0
Week 4: 0
Week 5: bye
Week 6: 3
Week 7: 3
Week 8: 17
Week 9: 0
Week 10: 0
Week 11: 0
Week 12: 14
Week 13: 0
Week 14: 0

It seems we come out sleep walking in the 3rd quarter. Now, the positive thing is, we are usually winning these games, but it is still an alarming stat. Thoughts...

Well, Mr. Rip Van Winkle, how was your nap??? :)

MM is a terrible adjuster - if his initial game plan gets stymied, he's as worthless as teats on a boar.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw McCarthy with that confused look a couple of times Sunday, especially after a penalty. At his presser today, he refused to answer a question about play calling. He thinks the players don't execute his awesome plays everytime and that's the problem. That third quarter will kill us in the playoffs.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mac just can't think on his feet as well as he can sitting behind a desk instituting a game plan. At least, that is what he portrays to us fans. I believe this is the reason Green Bay dominates lesser opponents and struggles mightily with teams of even talent.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think were fine. I'd rather it be in the third than in the fourth. If we start losing these games we arent scoring in the 3rd, then there is a problem... but this team has been improving in so many ways, so I'm really not going to complain about this...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True- We haven't lost any games yet. Hey, at least we're winning in the cold though. I think we'll ultimately be a stronger, tougher team because of our performance in the cold. It'll make it really nice when we get to play in warmer weather.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw McCarthy with that confused look a couple of times Sunday, especially after a penalty. At his presser today, he refused to answer a question about play calling. He thinks the players don't execute his awesome plays everytime and that's the problem. That third quarter will kill us in the playoffs.

I agree. You can't have quarters like that in the playoffs. It's to the point that you know the other team is going to come back and make it a game even though there might be a good lead going into the half. The big difference is they wont be facing the lions, bears, browns in the playoffs.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts