An advice to TT, for what its worth..

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not from me, I wish it was, it comes from a guy who proveed all the world what his value was with what he did, not what he said.

"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Dwight David Eisenhower

If you want to win you must be willing to pay the price !!!

Maybe TT what to be in the NFL records as the guy who won the SB with 80% of his team being paid the leage´s minimum salary... Or the guy who found 30 hidden diamonds in street free agents and then won the SB with them..... making him the best and most inteligent GM ever to be in the NFL.

But if he keeps acting as he have been, he will be remembered as the GM to pushed Brett into retirement and sent the GB Packers into a lossing streak of 4-5 seasons...

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The draft is a joke..

HOw are a bunch of "ROOKIES" going to help the Pack THIS YEAR!

Tell me that...

FrozenTundra4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
The draft is a joke..

Tell me that...
Your correct to a degree. If we stay where we are in round 1 and 2 we will get 2 rookies to start. one rookie to contribute. Thats about it. We need to sign FA to improve our team. Our signings IMO have been equal talent players younger with less experience. Our own that re-signed keept the talent level somewhat equal. They also added question as to wheter they can return from injury. It isn't as bleak as some have pictured. I'm not jumping up and down for joy either.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D.Levens said:
The draft is a joke..

Tell me that...

I guess you don't consider Collins much of a help last year.

BTW: Wasn't Roethlisberger a "ROOKIE" in 2004? Not much help there for the Steelers either. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
D.Levens said:
The draft is a joke..

Tell me that...

I guess you don't consider Collins much of a help last year.

BTW: Wasn't Roethlisberger a "ROOKIE" in 2004? Not much help there for the Steelers either. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

I think his point is that if you get 1-2 starters a year from the draft you've done ok. At that rate, how long would it take you to rebuild?????? How about forever. You need to build through both the draft and free agency.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good point..DePack...

Plus..Rothlisberger just had to hand off on a great running team..and he had stellar receivers his rookie year too..also last year!

Not much was asked of him...but he really had a breakdown in the playoffs his rookie year...wouldn't you agree?

Also..wasn't impressed with him in the SB last year..but that's just me..

He's ok..but not great...over-rated i would say...Time will tell..

I think the Giants got the steal that year and Eli Manning will turn out to be the best QB out of that draft class...career wise..that is..!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
It is not from me, I wish it was, it comes from a guy who proveed all the world what his value was with what he did, not what he said.

"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Dwight David Eisenhower

If you want to win you must be willing to pay the price !!!

Maybe TT what to be in the NFL records as the guy who won the SB with 80% of his team being paid the leage´s minimum salary... Or the guy who found 30 hidden diamonds in street free agents and then won the SB with them..... making him the best and most inteligent GM ever to be in the NFL.

But if he keeps acting as he have been, he will be remembered as the GM to pushed Brett into retirement and sent the GB Packers into a lossing streak of 4-5 seasons...

I am sure he wants to win as badly as the other GM's in the league, as his job depends on it. However, you do not prepare filet mignon by buying hamburger at prime rib prices. Nor do you pay a showroom price for a BMW that has high mileage and accident history.

History has shown that the way to build long term stability is through the draft, plugging holes with average free agents, and signing 1-2 high level, high upside free agents. To get better through the draft you have to be lucky and occasionally be in a position to draft high in each round. To plug holes, you have to understand your needs and your system and find the right pieces even if those pieces are not valued by other systems. Finally, the big name signings need to be in a position to be impact players who can help for more than 1-2 years. Last year the Packers were not in a financial position to make big signings and this year in my opinion(and obviously the opinion of TT) there were few if any players that fit this description.

It is easy to look short term and panic, but we need to realize that this will not be a short term fix and free agency, trades and draft are all yet to be conducted.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, a ridiculous post. Who did the Steelers sign in the last few years via Free Agency?

Quincy Morgan?
Duce Staley?

Those guys are nobody's yet they still found a way to win BUT not because of free agency. Overspending on Big Name free agents is the greatest way to run your team into the ground.

I could careless about getting Eric OLDS or Charles "The Big Distraction" Woodson. Those guys are not going to turn this team around single handedly. I like what TT is doing. He is bringing in young guys with huge upside. If they fail to pan out at least you did not mortgage your future.

Tell me WHO you would have brought in Chamuko?

Lets not forget they also retained Green,Kampman,Davenport,Etc

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced there is no pleasing Chamuko(who im NOT ragging on).

Everyone wants taletned FA guards, when there are none available. Is Ted supposed to give birth to one?

OP
OP
C

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok come on and Kill me for saying the following:

From what have been signed I am very pleased with Picket, if the signing of Boerigter is for a 4th receiver that is ok, if Manuel is a back up I am ok with it, if he wants to get

You ask you would I have signed, yes I know you can get all of this guys but at least 2 or 3 could have been realistic.

I would have signed Vinatieri,
I would have tried to get one good Receiver maybe I would have taken the risk at T.O., at least Jurevicius.
Ty Law would have been nice, at least Woodson.
Archuleta or Hope, either one would have been nice.
Willie McGinest would have been nice....

Anyway no big signings at all, a team that everyday comes to a lower level, a team in total rebuild mode.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont need willie, we have a good D-line

I also would have liked aruchleta or hope, but we should give manuel a chance(I gave carroll a chance...lets hope we dont get the same result)

We got gardner and boreigter, which is a good addition to Driver and Javon(under contract til further notice), and franks and donald lee

adding TO..with a rookie head coach...is very silly ...very silly.

I also would have liked AV, and I dont think cundiff will be our opening day kicker. It was stated cundiff will have to compete for the job, and some unknown might steal the job(hmm, sound familiar, it should, that was longwells situation)

Adding guys like McGinnest just because theyre a big name doesnt mean anything if they are old and we have the position filled.

its march 31st. being critical is one thing, but burying the 2006 team before its created is dumb.

i would never come and kill you, chamuko! You're my buddy, even though we disagree on almost everything.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I would have tried to get one good Receiver maybe I would have taken the risk at T.O., at least Jurevicius.

Anyway no big signings at all, a team that everyday comes to a lower level, a team in total rebuild mode.

-You would have had to shell out double for Vinatieri, because him (and Vanderjagt) would much rather pad their stats kicking in domes
-McGinnest signed with his old defensive coordinator that he won three super bowl rings for, what could TT have done there
-We're not done with Woodson yet
-Archuleta is overrated, Hope yeah well, Manuel has something to prove...
-Jurevicius would have been nice, but Rod Gardner back and Marc Boeritger aren't negative signings...
-T.O. hates the Eagles and went to their arch-rival, again, who also has a pretty good shot at making a super bowl run, again, whats TT's selling point

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Chamuko said:

-You would have had to shell out double for Vinatieri, because him (and Vanderjagt) would much rather pad their stats kicking in domes
-McGinnest signed with his old defensive coordinator that he won three super bowl rings for, what could TT have done there
-We're not done with Woodson yet
-Archuleta is overrated, Hope yeah well, Manuel has something to prove...
-Jurevicius would have been nice, but Rod Gardner back and Marc Boeritger aren't negative signings...
-T.O. hates the Eagles and went to their arch-rival, again, who also has a pretty good shot at making a super bowl run, again, whats TT's selling point

good point, i forgot all about AVs wanting to kick in a dome. good stuff, javon.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come I knew that you were going to say that we should have signed
McGinest
T.O. which is laughable
Ty Law
Woodson
Archuleta

Every big name out there we should have signed. God forbid, There aren't 31 other teams out there needing players. You are not going to get every player you want and to be honest unless these players COMMAND to much money just because of the name.

McGinest would have been a decent pickup but he wanted to be with Crennel in Cleveland. Furthermore its not a position we are desperate to fill.

T.O. is the biggest joke in pro football. I would have threw up if GB signed him. The guy is a distraction and does not fit the mold of a Packer player.

Ty Law is going into his 12h year. I have no problem bringing in an aging veteran but not at the price he commands. He is on the downside of his career. Reminds me of when the Redskins signed Bruce Smith.

Woodson is a complete ***. He has Held Out, Refused to Play, Been Arrested, Been suspended and so forth. See T.O. for why GB should pass on this guy.

Archuleta I like but is overrated. The guy only has 3 career interceptions.

Jerevicius is ok but we chose Gardner. Same type of reciever so its a wash to me.

What team ever went Crazy in free agency and won a Super Bowl? The Vikings? The Redskins?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts