AmishMafia Mock Draft

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the first, and wwwwaaaaay to early mock draft. I will probably update this once right before the actual draft. But I like to take a stab early cuz I can say how smart I am if any of these hit, but still revise based on individual workouts saying I have more info to base my opinions on. Win/Win.

Anyhow, we get an xtra 3rd and 5th pick - which I think is overly optimistic.

1. Aaron Williams CB - Most athtetically gifted CB in the draft. Luxury pick to fill nickle when Wood retires. Can Dom and DB coach 'coach him up'? I think so. In a recent interview with Ted Thompson that I just made up in my head, TT said that 'Aaron Williams will be the Aaron of the defense as Rodgers is the Aaron of the offense'.
2. Orlando Franklin OT - The guy's name is Orlando and he goes to school at Miami and he is from Tampa but was born in Jacksonville. You just can't make this stuff up. Actually, I guess you can because I just did. But for all I know it could be true.
3a. Andre Holmes WR Big and Fast but Raw. Thats okay. He will only see the field a few times his rookie season anyway. But he will be ready to go in year 2 when DD retires.
3b. Donte Moch LB, Very athletic. Again, TT gets a athlete who can be molded by our fine defensive coaching staff. Beat writers will be overjoyed because Monch kind of sounds like a sound of eating. Imagine all the stupid puns in the headlines if this kid does something good. (xtra pick for losing Kampman)
4. Casey Mathews LB Probably the pick I expect to see most often in Packer mocks. My thinking - CMIII was a late bloomer. Is brother Casey still getting better? Maybe.
5a. Jerrel Powe DT Deep year for DL. So TT likes the talent at this position available even though it is low on our list of needs. Big guy will spell BJ at NT.
5b. Shaky Smithson KR An answer at last to our return needs? The return game is one of the weakest on the Packers. Earned his nickname by working as a pizza cook at Shaky's. Real first name is TheJukeMaster. (xtra pick for some reason)
6. Kevin Hughes OG Very athletic and makes blocks in space. Can our Campen coach him down but not too far down?
7. Pat Devlin QB I think TT goes QB at some point and I got all the way to the end of my mock without taking one. So, here he is.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's Dontay Moch, not Monch. Just a quick FYI.

I approve of this draft. Like Williams, like Moch, like Casey Matthews, like Smithson.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are going to be some heart broken packers fans when matthews gets drafted by another team higher than expected.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE

Time to update. Now with better clarity on the situation (and the more names I can associate with the Pack, the better chance I have of actually hitting one of these).

Here we go:

Packers look to trade up if a top tier guy drops to the late teens early 20's. It doesn't happen. Packers trade back into the mid 2nd and pick up a 4th. Raiders want to move to end of 1st to pick up a QB they see dropping.

Packers trade Flynn to Seattle for a 2nd. I doubt this happens - more of wishful thinking. But I believe its a possibility because the Pack knows they are going to loose Flynn in FA the next year anyway.

2 - 48 Randall Cobb WR (2nd choice Christian Ballard) All around good WR with some good KR ability. The only actual 'need' for the Packers - but Cobb represents good value at this spot.

2 - 57 (from SEA) Ben Ijalana OT Villanova - Did not face elite competiton, questions about his focus. I'm convinced that if he was more challenged by the competition, his focus would have been more clear. (2nd choice - Marcus Cannon)

2 - 64 Marvin Austin DT North Carolina (2nd choice Kenrick Ellis) Big powerful guy, will give Raji rest at NT and play some at DE position.

TRADE TT sees a big DL available and moves up. Trades #3-96, #4-108(from Raiders) and 5th and a 7th for 70(ish)
3 - 70 Donte Moch. I imagine he is likely gone. But every year there is one player that drops should probably put Curtis Marsh DB here, but I will go with TT getting lucky and Moch is available. (2nd choice Greg Little)

4 - 129 Demarco Murray RB Oklahoma (2nd choice Daniel Thomas)

4 -131 Andy Dalton QB (2nd choice McElroy QB)

6. Derrick Hall OT Stanford

7 Dejon Gomes DB Nebraska.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts