America's Team

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
LOL the Cowboys were voted as America's "least favorite" team.

Dallas never was "America's Team" they were always the band wagon team. America likes winners, that's why everyone loves the Yankess and Lakers. When I was a young man and Dallas won it back to back, Cowboy fans were everywhere. They were no where to be found when they had a losing season, like last season.

You better believe there is a ton of band wagon Packer fans that were downing the team a few years ago for getting rid of Number 4. They didn't want us then, but they want us now that we win lol, typical Band wagon fans.

D

Dan115

LOL the Cowboys were voted as America's "least favorite" team.

Dallas never was "America's Team" they were always the band wagon team. America likes winners, that's why everyone loves the Yankess and Lakers. When I was a young man and Dallas won it back to back, Cowboy fans were everywhere. They were no where to be found when they had a losing season, like last season.

You better believe there is a ton of band wagon Packer fans that were downing the team a few years ago for getting rid of Number 4. They didn't want us then, but they want us now that we win lol, typical Band wagon fans.

Vote for THE PACKERS .http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/136069203.html The Packer fans are killing the cowboys on this Dallas poll.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Only reason they got that name is in the 70's the NFC was a really weak conferance and the Cowboys were the power house of the NFC so the networks were always showing Cowboys games. Then Tex painted the Red and Blue stripes on either side of the 20 yard line. I am driving around out here in So Cal and I see tons of Chargers, Raiders and Dallas decals on cars. When I look at who is driving those cars I am glad they are not packer fans. I am driving my Packer Mobile so I am always looking for Packfans. When I do run across a packer car I can usually relate to the driver.

A couple of years ago when I was driving a buick that had my Packer hard hat in the back window this character riding an old bike with a really big mustache and a cool helmet and Goggles (you never see anybody out here wearing goggles) gave me the thumbs up. I thought he was thanking me for pulling over a bit and giving him room to get by. then he pulled up in front of me and started pointing to his Wisconsin plates. Love it when I meet another Pack fan. We are not Americas team. We are The Peoples Team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? They are led by America's Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Has that been coined yet? I think we have to start getting that one out there. Lay claim to that title.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When Tom Landry was coach and they had a different owner, the Cowboys were an extremely respectable organization. When Jones and Johnson came in, they won, but their rep went right down the crapper. The Packers, however, with shares in the hands of Americans all over can truly lay claim to the title. Once again the Packers are a classy organization.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
"America's Team" was coined by some dumba$$ Dallas Morning News sportswriter and the Cowbag's PR department picked it up and ran with it. Further proof that "The Big Lie" is indeed a viable marketing tool. Same goes for the term "The Super Bowl" ... again ... nothing more than a marketing schtick dreamed up by the NFL after a sportswriter used the term.
"Titletown" ... I don't think I've ever heard anyone in Green Bay refer to their hometown as "Titletown".

Hate to be a poopie pants ... but it's all hype to me and I just don't buy into it...be it NFL hype, political hype or just plain "spin" ... ain't buyin' it, but thanks for the offer.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
"America's Team" was coined by some dumba$$ Dallas Morning News sportswriter and the Cowbag's PR department picked it up and ran with it. Further proof that "The Big Lie" is indeed a viable marketing tool. Same goes for the term "The Super Bowl" ... again ... nothing more than a marketing schtick dreamed up by the NFL after a sportswriter used the term.
"Titletown" ... I don't think I've ever heard anyone in Green Bay refer to their hometown as "Titletown".

Hate to be a poopie pants ... but it's all hype to me and I just don't buy into it...be it NFL hype, political hype or just plain "spin" ... ain't buyin' it, but thanks for the offer.
Poopie Pants???:whistling:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When Tom Landry was coach and they had a different owner, the Cowboys were an extremely respectable organization. When Jones and Johnson came in, they won, but their rep went right down the crapper. The Packers, however, with shares in the hands of Americans all over can truly lay claim to the title. Once again the Packers are a classy organization.

True.
Tom Landry was one of the coolest coaches ever for coming up with the 4-3 defense, and I believe he was the first to actually build 2 Tight end sets into an offense. He took heat for running scores up, but back then the only people that complained about running it up was losers. He coached a league full of men, and not cry babies.
I like Jimmy Johnson, but I absolutely hate Jerry Jones. Without Johnson, Dallas never would have won anything after Jerry bought the team. But what I do love from Jerry Jones is when the Cowboys are losing and he's on the sidelines *****ing his coach out. There ain't nothing money can buy to replace the laughter from that. It's 24-3 in the 4th quarter and what's happening on the sidelines? The owner is *****ing everyone out LOL

Members online

Latest posts