Americas Real Team....

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is really America's Team?

Watch "Who is really America's Team?" on the NFL Network, Thursday, 9 p.m. ET. 41%

Dallas Cowboys27%

Green Bay Packers22%

New England Patriots8%

Pittsburgh Steelers

Total Votes: 4519

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so sick of the Cowboys claiming the "Americas Team" Title.

Vote often.

Dallas is ahead 38% to 27% GB

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is really America's Team?

Watch "Who is really America's Team?" on the NFL Network, Thursday, 9 p.m. ET. 41%

Dallas Cowboys27%

Green Bay Packers22%

New England Patriots8%

Pittsburgh Steelers

Total Votes: 4519

Did you hear the news this morning?
27% of Americans are functionally retarded.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is New England even up there? Better yet, why the hell do they have like 1/4 of the votes? Friggin' bandwagoners.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is New England even up there? Better yet, why the hell do they have like 1/4 of the votes? Friggin' bandwagoners.

Agreed. Pats fans are about as loyal as Los Angeles fans of any sport.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just put in about 100 straight votes cuz i reallllllllly dont want to see a hour special on friday how dallas is americas team

the gap closes...... 4 percent now :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
We don't need no stinking poll to know the Packers are America's Team. What other Professional Sports team is owned by the ... PEOPLE!

Nuff said

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the local talk show hosts, a Dallas fan, said that the one team in America that people will watch regarless of anything else, is Dallas.
Poppycock.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause their coach cheats, and votes himself 1000 times a day. :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But seriously.....who cares? They are MY team, and i don't give a rodents ****** if more people in America cheer for a different team.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fully understand why you guys would think your Americas Team. I mean sure you've had a rich history and all but its not really close to the history Dallas has had since its been in the league. Like Jerry Jones was saying on "Who is.." 4 of the 5 highest rated games were Dallas games last year other than the Superbowl.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fully understand why you guys would think your Americas Team. I mean sure you've had a rich history and all but its not really close to the history Dallas has had since its been in the league. Like Jerry Jones was saying on "Who is.." 4 of the 5 highest rated games were Dallas games last year other than the Superbowl.

Huh? History? The Packers' stadium has been around longer than the Cowboys.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

It is a silly argument and the very term is subjective.. just some media fodder is all.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where is this poll? I can't even find it..

It's was on nfl.com but it's over. In order the results were Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Steelers (those were the only choices). Surprised me that the Steelers came in 4th.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch "Who is really America's Team?" on the NFL Network, Thursday, 9 p.m. ET.

Where did this term (America's Team) come from? I thought I read somewhere that it was NFL Films trying to come up with a catchy title to a documentary to make people watch... or something like that. Any ideas?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They covered that in the show with Steve Sabol. It was basically the name they gave to one of the late '70s Cowboy highlight films (the ones they do for every team). The title happened to be "America's Team"

There was a funny montage of some of their earlier titles (various other teams)
The Team that wouldn't quit
The Team that wouldn't give up
The Team of the ages
The Team that didn't quit
The Team that never quits
etc

Members online

Latest posts