1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

American cemetry near Cambridge

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Apr 28, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,188 / 16 / -7
    I spent a few hours today walking around this beautiful place. As a Brit, it made me NEED to say thank you to these men and their families and countrymen for the sacrifice these men made during BOTH world wars.
    I`m glad I went.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    Used to drive by that all the time when I was stationed in England. Our support base was RAF Alconbury. Never stopped there Though. A lot of people do not realize the huge number of American airman that were lost in the early years of the war. Did you know that the cemetery is considered American soil?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,188 / 16 / -7
    Sorry, I forgot my passport...lol Seriously though I`m glad I went and spent some time there.
    I went to Omaha beach a few years ago during a second world war battlefield tour....awesome place too. I think EVERYBODY should visit these places at least once in there life .