Am I the only one who doesn't care about "division titles"?

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok everyone. I'm tired of defending the whole 14 Championships thing. I've been a Pack fan since Majkowski but I still don't know why most of our fanbase considers the division titles to be on the same level as Super Bowl. Other teams make fun of us for this a lot.

Am I the only one who doesn't take the NFC north division title as seriously as super bowl?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't think people take a division title as if it's a Super Bowl, but you can't convince me it don't feel good to know you have a division wrapped up and a home play off game, and possibly more.

OP
OP
RazorRamon

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think people take a division title as if it's a Super Bowl, but you can't convince me it don't feel good to know you have a division wrapped up and a home play off game, and possibly more.
Not the point. It's that it's viewed on a comparable level among the Pack-herd, and this does not occur generally with other teams.

Like the difference is somehow negligible.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Not the point. It's that it's viewed on a comparable level among the Pack-herd, and this does not occur generally with other teams.

Like the difference is somehow negligible.

I think you are somehow confusing an NFC North division title with an NFC Conference championship or its predecessor, the NFL Championship; which was the game to determine the world champion previous to the AFL/NFL merger and the championship game that came to be known as the Super Bowl.

I don't think anyone here considers winning the NFC North division title to be on a par with the Super Bowl.

D

Dan115

I'm tired of defending the whole 14 Championships thing.

13 Championships. Gunning for 14 this season.

OP
OP
RazorRamon

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, i hope not. Still, these division titles don't seam to go as far elsewhere.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Division titles in itself are meaningless, except you can't get a bye without winning your division.
So a division title is worth (possibly) a free win in the playoffs.

We did it the hard way, long way last year, but it's statistically easier getting that pass in Wildcard weekend.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only thing that matters, are my WWF titles, chico

I almost hate to say this but I was a fan of Razor Ramon back in the day, but my heart belongs to the Undertaker. He's my WWF love match.

Back to your thread, some people do take winning the division too seriously but I doubt anyone is foolish enough to think it's as important as winning the Superbowl. You can win the division but not the Superbowl as the Bears did last year. Or you can not win the division and win the Superbowl as the Packers did. I don't think many Packers fans gave a **** about winning the division when they were holding the Halas trophy in one paw and the Lombardi in the other. Winning the division gives you bragging rights and a ticket to the playoff mostly. I'm not sure if what you are talking about is mostly prominent in Packers fans, though. I know some Eagles fans who take winning their division very seriously. I depends how you look at it.

OP
OP
RazorRamon

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost hate to say this but I was a fan of Razor Ramon back in the day, but my heart belongs to the Undertaker. He's my WWF love match.

Back to your thread, some people do take winning the division too seriously but I doubt anyone is foolish enough to think it's as important as winning the Superbowl. You can win the division but not the Superbowl as the Bears did last year. Or you can not win the division and win the Superbowl as the Packers did. I don't think many Packers fans gave a **** about winning the division when they were holding the Halas trophy in one paw and the Lombardi in the other. Winning the division gives you bragging rights and a ticket to the playoff mostly. I'm not sure if what you are talking about is mostly prominent in Packers fans, though. I know some Eagles fans who take winning their division very seriously. I depends how you look at it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssss my undertaker

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
As we found out last year, all a division title means is one home game in the playoffs. Since both the Packers and the Squealers have won a Superbowl from the 6th seed wildcard positions with NO home games.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It goes back and forth. With the Lions strong and the Bears solid winning our division this year is pretty cool. But like the AFC West currently. Winning that just means you suck less than everyone else lol

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And NFL Championships are not division titles. They are simply championships before the merger and b4 the Superbowl began.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was embarrassed I wouldn't have had this made after XLV ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Many people want to disregard the championships this team won prior to the merger/Super Bowl. Considering the fact the team in the 60s won FIVE National Championships in 10 years, I consider the idea of disregarding those victories as insulting. Standard shallow-minded thinking IMHO.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Razor Ramon looked both ways before throwing his toothpick, and none of his opponents EVER saw it coming... that's pretty awesome.

Members online