Am I the only one that likes the naysayers?

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, what a bunch of touchy Giant fans on this forum (to clarify before a Giant fan jumps on me - I am fully aware that not all Giant fans are like this - I'm referring to the ones that jump into every thread, whining about us supporting our team in the flood of Giant fans and naysayers).

You're on a Packers board. What do you expect? I don't care that there are other teams' fans here, you guys have as much right to be on this board. I like hearing opposing views and opinions. But the "omg, you guys are so cocky!!1!" comments on every single thread dealing with the Giants have been tiresome. I've stayed out of it for the most part, but wow. I just can't wait for Sunday to come so we can let our teams do the talking.

Also, if I were to go to a Giant forum, I'd be stupid not to expect Packer trashtalk there. Common sense.

Relating to the topic - I agree. This stuff motivates Rodgers. Look at last year's SB run when everyone said the odds were against Rodgers and Co. Not to mention the neverending Favre/Rodgers comparisons. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and I wouldn't have it any other way.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about, most of the talking heads are picking the Packers.
As a Giant fan I should be saying I love the naysayers.
You guys are 15-1, how can you have any naysayers?
But you must admit, the Giants are playing some good football at the right time...
At the end of the season, Joe Thiesmann had us as #6 in his power rankings. #6!

I followed the link and he has now changed his rankings to put us #1, but really! We were 14-1 at the time and there were 5 teams he deemed better than us.

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/whats-wrong-with-joe-theismann.33382/#post-415834

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh. Actually, you should have seen the Stairway To Seven™ cultists on this board leading up to the Super Bowl last season. Were you aware that nothing in the NFL counted prior to the Super Bowl era? We actually had to defend the bulk of Vince Lombardi's coaching career on this board.

Here's to a cleanly-officiated, injury-free football game on Sunday. And here's to the NFC, which I feel is the more competitive division this year, by far. I expect to see the Patriots in the Super Bowl...but - though I like our chances - the NFC is up for grabs, imo.

Not surprised to hear that. The most obnoxious football fan in my office is a Steelers fan.

I agree, who ever comes out of the NFC should be SB favorites. If it is the Packers, they definitely will be.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that some of you guys are so cocky & touchy that simply hearing someone say they think the opposition CAN (in your words) win, is some how a slap in the face to the mighty Packers. How should the discussions go? "Boy the Packers are just so good, can we just fast forward to 2015 when maybe someone else might be able to possibly challenge them"?

As I posted in the Packers/Giants thread 95% of picks are for the Packers. Damn those 5%.

I love how you just became a Giants fan in 2012..

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been reading this board, right? The VAST majority of us know - and have acknowledged - the Giants CAN WIN. Where a lot of us probably stand is that if they play the Giants ten times, the Packers win maybe seven or eight times. We expect to win, realize it could instead be one of those two or three times, and are willing and ready to let it play out.

What did you expect to find here? Fear? To tell you the truth, I'm a little frustrated that people aren't pushing back a little more on the Packers' behalf - the board seems overrun with Giants fan chest-thumping, to me.

Let's not forget we're on a Packer board. We've been watching our team all year. We know their strengths and weaknesses, and we like our chances. We get that you like yours, too. Believe me...we get that.

I personally prefer to let MY TEAM's (I can say that now. :D) play on the field do the talking. No sense in beating your chest and dragging your knuckles about something until the game is played on the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts