Am I the only one that likes the naysayers?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love reading all the articles and interviews about how the Giants "can" win, the Packers are "beatable". Because all that crap goes up on the walls of the Lambeau locker room. Just bring it jabronies!

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I love reading all the articles and interviews about how the Giants "can" win, the Packers are "beatable". Because all that crap goes up on the walls of the Lambeau locker room. Just bring it jabronies!
I love them too because if we hear it, then Rodgers hears it... and if Rodgers hears it, he's unstoppable.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about, most of the talking heads are picking the Packers.
As a Giant fan I should be saying I love the naysayers.
You guys are 15-1, how can you have any naysayers?
But you must admit, the Giants are playing some good football at the right time...

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love that some of you guys are so cocky & touchy that simply hearing someone say they think the opposition CAN (in your words) win, is some how a slap in the face to the mighty Packers. How should the discussions go? "Boy the Packers are just so good, can we just fast forward to 2015 when maybe someone else might be able to possibly challenge them"?

As I posted in the Packers/Giants thread 95% of picks are for the Packers. Damn those 5%.

OP
OP
G0PackG0

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you're talking about, most of the talking heads are picking the Packers.
As a Giant fan I should be saying I love the naysayers.
You guys are 15-1, how can you have any naysayers?
But you must admit, the Giants are playing some good football at the right time...
nfl.com
Espn.com
Si.com
Yahoo sports
All have articles up right now. Nfl says giants are packers kryptonite lol. Imagine, blue kryptonite!? Silly nfl.com

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I love that some of you guys are so cocky & touchy that simply hearing someone say they think the opposition CAN (in your words) win, is some how a slap in the face to the mighty Packers. How should the discussions go? "Boy the Packers are just so good, can we just fast forward to 2015 when maybe someone else might be able to possibly challenge them"?

As I posted in the Packers/Giants thread 95% of picks are for the Packers. Damn those 5%.

You've been reading this board, right? The VAST majority of us know - and have acknowledged - the Giants CAN WIN. Where a lot of us probably stand is that if they play the Giants ten times, the Packers win maybe seven or eight times. We expect to win, realize it could instead be one of those two or three times, and are willing and ready to let it play out.

What did you expect to find here? Fear? To tell you the truth, I'm a little frustrated that people aren't pushing back a little more on the Packers' behalf - the board seems overrun with Giants fan chest-thumping, to me.

Let's not forget we're on a Packer board. We've been watching our team all year. We know their strengths and weaknesses, and we like our chances. We get that you like yours, too. Believe me...we get that.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nfl.com
Espn.com
Si.com
Yahoo sports
All have articles up right now. Nfl says giants are packers kryptonite lol. Imagine, blue kryptonite!? Silly nfl.com

you listed 4 websites, and only mentioned what 1 of them said.

What did the other 3 say?

Exactly.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
nfl.com
Espn.com
Si.com
Yahoo sports

I wonder what they're going on. Are they going back years for that, or...? Thought that was really odd.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been reading this board, right? The VAST majority of us know - and have acknowledged - the Giants CAN WIN. Where a lot of us probably stand is that if they play the Giants ten times, the Packers win maybe seven or eight times. We expect to win, realize it could instead be one of those two or three times, and are willing and ready to let it play out.

What did you expect to find here? Fear? To tell you the truth, I'm a little frustrated that people aren't pushing back a little more on the Packers' behalf - the board seems overrun with Giants fan chest-thumping, to me.

Let's not forget we're on a Packer board. We've been watching our team all year. We know their strengths and weaknesses, and we like our chances. We get that you like yours, too. Believe me...we get that.

I think you completely misunderstood my comment. I never said I thought you guys should fear us, expect to lose, or hell, even respect us. What ever you decide to believe is your choice. But it is hilarious to hear you guys get pissy because a very small minority of people are saying MAYBE the Giants CAN win. Not even saying they will win, just saying MAYBE....and some how that makes them a naysayer? I don't get it.

I picked the Giants to win 27-23, and said we need to play perfect football and hope you don't. That, in your honest opinion is "chest thumping"?

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are aware there are plenty of Packer fans on our boards as well right?
It's all in good fun, none of us over there are saying "this is our boards"
The boards are much more fun when you have opposing fans in on it, it get's old talking about the same old stuff everyday.
The Packers are a great team, there 15-1. But the Giants are a confident bunch and they have been battle tested all season. (injuries, brutal schedule)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you completely misunderstood my comment. I never said I thought you guys should fear us, expect to lose, or hell, even respect us. What ever you decide to believe is your choice. But it is hilarious to hear you guys get pissy because a very small minority of people are saying MAYBE the Giants CAN win. Not even saying they will win, just saying MAYBE....and some how that makes them a naysayer? I don't get it.

I picked the Giants to win 27-23, and said we need to play perfect football and hope you don't. That, in your honest opinion is "chest thumping"?
I swear. You Giants fans are the most sensitive opposing fans I've ever seen on this forum.
They way you guys take every statement so personally.
Any time any Packers forum member makes an observation one of you will always, always jump in and respond, "That's not me!"
Ya all get so defensive and nit picky over every little dumb thing.
We all gotta pick our battles but not every battle always has to be taken up.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Fair enough - but I think you're taking the comments of a couple of guys and extrapolating it to the rest of the board. If you look around, you'll see a great mix of comments (some even fearful, from Packer fans) - a lot of us actually agree that "MAYBE the Giants CAN win". I do. Hell yes, I do.

But:

No matter what we've done this year, there always seems to be this big question mark hanging over us. At 15/1, at home, against a team we've already beaten this year on the road, with the health of both teams being a wash, with the probable NFL MVP at QB and guys like Jordy Nelson on fire, people still doubt us. It doesn't matter how much we win, and it doesn't matter who our opponent is and how their record compares. They doubt us vs. New Orleans, they doubt us vs. the Giants. They would have doubted us vs. Detroit, though we've beaten them twice this year, once with our backup QB.

We know this.

And I honestly think that's what people are responding to. It gets old, is all. So we push back. Don't take it as something against your team...people who seem overconfident today will probably feel pretty nervous on game day. But it just gets a little old feeling like no matter how much you accomplish, you can't convince people you're really any good.

I would imagine there are times in Giants history you can re-live to relate to that, no?

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough - but I think you're taking the comments of a couple of guys and extrapolating it to the rest of the board. If you look around, you'll see a great mix of comments (some even fearful, from Packer fans) - a lot of us actually agree that "MAYBE the Giants CAN win". I do. Hell yes, I do.

But:

No matter what we've done this year, there always seems to be this big question mark hanging over us. At 15/1, at home, against a team we've already beaten this year on the road, with the health of both teams being a wash, with the probable NFL MVP at QB and guys like Jordy Nelson on fire, people still doubt us. It doesn't matter how much we win, and it doesn't matter who our opponent is and how their record compares. They doubt us vs. New Orleans, they doubt us vs. the Giants. They would have doubted us vs. Detroit, though we've beaten them twice this year, once with our backup QB.

We know this.

And I honestly think that's what people are responding to. It gets old, is all. So we push back. Don't take it as something against your team...people who seem overconfident today will probably feel pretty nervous on game day. But it just gets a little old feeling like no matter how much you accomplish, you can't convince people you're really any good.

I would imagine there are times in Giants history you can re-live to relate to that, no?

If you look back to my original comment it was "I love how SOME of you..." I know it's not all of you, just some. That's why I only said what I said in a thread created by one of those people.

As far as your doubting goes, again you guys are taking this way too personal. Like I mentioned earlier, what do you expect these talking heads to say? If all they did for 4 months was talk about how great the Packers are that would make for even more boring radio/tv than we already get. They play devils advocate for a reason. Hell I'd bet sometimes they don't even believe what they're saying, but controversy always brings in viewers. Having said that, of course it has happened before to the Giants. I know exactly what you guys are saying, but I think some of you are failing to be realistic as to why it's being said. There isn't a conspiracy out there against the Packers. Everyone knows how good they are.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear. You Giants fans are the most sensitive opposing fans I've ever seen on this forum.
They way you guys take every statement so personally.
Any time any Packers forum member makes an observation one of you will always, always jump in and respond, "That's not me!"
Ya all get so defensive and nit picky over every little dumb thing.
We all gotta pick our battles but not every battle always has to be taken up.

It's pretty hilarious that you quoted me to call me out for being sensitive when I was doing the same thing to some of you, lol.

This whole thread doesn't scream "over sensitivity"??? C'mon now, be objective for a second.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
You are aware there are plenty of Packer fans on our boards as well right?

I'm aware there must be, but I haven't looked at a Giants board. I'm not arguing that opposing fans shouldn't be here - not at all. I'm saying that you have to take the remarks of the board in totality and not take a couple of comments to suggest Packer fans are cocky. Though we are not the underdog in this game, some in the media are positioning us as such.

You'd push back too, right? Isn't that what all you guys are doing, really?

If Packer fans are acting like jerks on Giants forums and you remind them they're visitors, I have absolutely no problem with that. This is a Packer forum. People come here respectfully, great - the more, the better. But not all come here with that intent, as we have seen (and not just from some of you guys), and in that case, there will be some push back.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm aware there must be, but I haven't looked at a Giants board. I'm not arguing that opposing fans shouldn't be here - not at all. I'm saying that you have to take the remarks of the board in totality and not take a couple of comments to suggest Packer fans are cocky. Though we are not the underdog in this game, some in the media are positioning us as such.

You'd push back too, right? Isn't that what all you guys are doing, really?

If Packer fans are acting like jerks on Giants forums and you remind them they're visitors, I have absolutely no problem with that. This is a Packer forum. People come here respectfully, great - the more, the better. But not all come here with that intent, as we have seen (and not just from some of you guys), and in that case, there will be some push back.

don't beat around the bush. You're talking about Eagles fans. It's ok, we all know it. They are scum

LombardiChick

Reaction score
don't beat around the bush. You're talking about Eagles fans. It's ok, we all know it. They are scum

Heh. Actually, you should have seen the Stairway To Seven™ cultists on this board leading up to the Super Bowl last season. Were you aware that nothing in the NFL counted prior to the Super Bowl era? We actually had to defend the bulk of Vince Lombardi's coaching career on this board.

Here's to a cleanly-officiated, injury-free football game on Sunday. And here's to the NFC, which I feel is the more competitive division this year, by far. I expect to see the Patriots in the Super Bowl...but - though I like our chances - the NFC is up for grabs, imo.

Members online

Latest posts