alternate uni's

edgarbennet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the pack should have alternate unis. they should be all green except a stripe of gold running down the side of the leg. basically the away tops with the home bottoms. like the redskins had this past week. its still the traditional uniform just mixin it up a little. what do you guys think?

:viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their alternate is the throwback, blue with a big yellow stripe in the shoulders, like a cape or something...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I like it. I like when the Jets wear all green, so if the Pack wants to I would welcome it.

Just so long as we never wear these:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't find those to be so bad...

By themselves they aren't too awful. Combine them with yellow pants and a yellow helmet though and we'd have what would look like 11 highlighters running around on the field.

If you have Madden NFL 10, those jerseys are in the game. Use them once and you'll see how weird the whole package looks.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
we actually don't have any alternates. The "throwbacks" you mentioned were used only once since we changed our colors from blue and gold to green and gold, and it was, i think, with lombardi. I dont think the Packers will ever go back to those throwbacks, but I would like to see some new unis. As for the pure gold ones, they are for retail only, never worn by players.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we actually don't have any alternates. The "throwbacks" you mentioned were used only once since we changed our colors from blue and gold to green and gold, and it was, i think, with lombardi. I dont think the Packers will ever go back to those throwbacks, but I would like to see some new unis. As for the pure gold ones, they are for retail only, never worn by players.
I agree a new uni would be nice.

OP
OP
E

edgarbennet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[

This is a rough draft of what the alternates would look like

Attachments

• packuni.jpg
    packuni.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 262

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds be a bit of the Oregon Ducks uniform.

That's the exact thing that came to my mind when I first saw this ensemble. BTW, the Packers never wear green pants. They wear gold with white & green stripes, home & away.

GB wore the Navy & Gold throwbacks in '94 during the 75th anniversary of the NFL. I recall the MNF game in CHI on Halloween when GB blasted the Bears 33-6 in a torrential downpour. I think #4 had his career-long scramble in that game.

I don't like the alternate uniform crap. I think San Diego looks like a powder puff team with their's on. Have they permanently changed to their throwback? I haven't seen them in the traditional Chargers uniforms in years.

How about the 'Skins parading around in FSU's logo? I know they wore it first but is it really necessary?

I've always loathed DEN's uniform update in '97. A subconscious result of losing SBXXXII perhaps but it just looks like a mess of colors & shapes from a Picasso. Their old helmet logo was a joke & needed to go but the XFL uniform is too busy.

Unless the Packers can come up with something better than just going green, I hope they keep what they've got. I guess I just resist change a little more than the rest of you. I don't mind the Ron Wolf proposal from '94 from that link Pugger provided (thanx) but it seems like something's missing. No sleeve, helmet or leg stripes leaves it looking rather Irish.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the exact thing that came to my mind when I first saw this ensemble. BTW, the Packers never wear green pants. They wear gold with white & green stripes, home & away.

GB wore the Navy & Gold throwbacks in '94 during the 75th anniversary of the NFL. I recall the MNF game in CHI on Halloween when GB blasted the Bears 33-6 in a torrential downpour. I think #4 had his career-long scramble in that game.

I don't like the alternate uniform crap. I think San Diego looks like a powder puff team with their's on. Have they permanently changed to their throwback? I haven't seen them in the traditional Chargers uniforms in years.

How about the 'Skins parading around in FSU's logo? I know they wore it first but is it really necessary?

I've always loathed DEN's uniform update in '97. A subconscious result of losing SBXXXII perhaps but it just looks like a mess of colors & shapes from a Picasso. Their old helmet logo was a joke & needed to go but the XFL uniform is too busy.

Unless the Packers can come up with something better than just going green, I hope they keep what they've got. I guess I just resist change a little more than the rest of you. I don't mind the Ron Wolf proposal from '94 from that link Pugger provided (thanx) but it seems like something's missing. No sleeve, helmet or leg stripes leaves it looking rather Irish.

I think Denver's old uniforms is much better.

The Ron Wolf suggested uniform is interesting. I wonder why Harlan never approved it because he still says to this day that he prefers the metallic gold over the yellow.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By themselves they aren't too awful. Combine them with yellow pants and a yellow helmet though and we'd have what would look like 11 highlighters running around on the field.

The Seahawks bright lime green jerseys remind me more of highlighters running around the field, lol.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the ones Ron Wolf proposed in 1994. That's ACTUALLY green and gold... We always were more of green and yellow lol. No disrespect to our current uniforms, just would like something new.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Wolf proposal is too Notre Dame like because it would be GREEN and gold and not navy and gold. I do however think the Wolf proposal was too plain because there are no stripes or anything besides the G logo on the sleeves.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't think the Wolf proposal is too Notre Dame like because it would be GREEN and gold and not navy and gold. I do however think the Wolf proposal was too plain because there are no stripes or anything besides the G logo on the sleeves.
Notre Dame does wear these on occasion:

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the ones Ron Wolf proposed in 1994. That's ACTUALLY green and gold... We always were more of green and yellow lol. No disrespect to our current uniforms, just would like something new.

On wikipedia it has our colors listed as dark green, "Athletic Gold", and white. Athletic gold eh, first time I've ever heard that type of gold. So I guess technically it's gold.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notre Dame does wear these on occasion:

Hmmm, well that is similar to Wolf's proposal. Sorry, I'm too isolated on watching the Nittany Lions, I just thought Notre Dame was navy and gold. Maybe Wolf figured that no one seems to mind the similarity between the Hawkeyes and Steelers jerseys, lol.

MarkDe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indiana, halfway between Indy and Dayton Ohio
Don't mess with perfection!

Green Bay has always had the best looking uniforms....that's why I liked them as a 4 year old. The only change I would suggest is going back to the look of the 1960's with all the stripes on the sleeves and socks.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I agree, I've always liked our uni's. They are classic and add to the vintage history of the Green Bay Packers. I wouldn't mind a cool new-age look for a home game or two, but for the most part i wouldn't want to see too many changes to the unis.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any reason why the color schemes couldn't be expanded. I mean, I have several Favre jerseys, but none of them are of the original, home uniform color combination because it's difficult to match with standard pants colors. So, in my case, it would certainly increase jersey sales to particular dudes like me. I like the Notre Dame green and gold scheme.

Staff online

Members online