Alot Of People Speculating A Loss In Sd

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its something Ive seen people mention quite a bit, yes we are all aware that every team has the ability to lose a football game but generally alot of people are already saying they expect (when and if we lose) the loss to come from the Chargers?

Last time I checked Tim Tebow nearly led a 4th quarter comeback against this team (and Ill add Tebow sucks)

It just annoys me because I think the Chargers and Philip Rivers have this image that the league has given them that they are this decent football team when actually I dont think they are at all that good and are just fortunate to play in a division with 3 cruddy teams.

I expect us to blow SD out of the water.

Im talking like week 4 style. Or week 6 style.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Last year they had the number 1 offense and number 1 defense STATISTICALLY. Didn't make the playoffs. As you say they are in a cushy little division called the AFC west, although Oakland is making some noise. We have Aroge, they have Privers. etc,etc,etc... I'm not saying it is not going to be one helluva game. But given the fact that I know of at least two or three extremely awesome and epic Green and Gold tailgates going on around Qualcomm filling the air with positive vibes and good karma. There is a possibility that this may feel like a home game for the Pack.

Then there is the simple fact that this IS the best team in the NFL.

OP
OP
Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh well thats another good point, we are the best team in football and I didnt look at the schedule and tick off any losses. Thats not to say that I am indenial, I just believe we have what it takes to win every game.

Plus Arod back in Cali, he likes playing there, hes used to the weather and its an afternoon game.

Philip Rivers isnt even that great, what has he done apart from put up decent numbers? That goes for the whole team too

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really see the big deal. I don't think we'll blow them out Denver style, but I think Atlanta and New Orleans are much better teams than the Chargers, so I think we'll be fine.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeh well thats another good point, we are the best team in football and I didnt look at the schedule and tick off any losses. Thats not to say that I am indenial, I just believe we have what it takes to win every game.

Plus Arod back in Cali, he likes playing there, hes used to the weather and its an afternoon game.

Philip Rivers isnt even that great, what has he done apart from put up decent numbers? That goes for the whole team too

Hey don't forget Clay is a long haired So Cal boy too.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm not so much concerned about the Chargers offense so much as their defense, more specifically their pass rush. With our already beat up O-line it could be hard to get going. And playing on the road always adds an element of difficulty.

Rivers is a gunslinger of sorts so that should create a lot of opportunities for our DB's to make plays on the ball, but at the same time they have some big (literally) deep threat receivers in Jackson and Floyd.

I think we'll win but it could be a close game.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really see the big deal. I don't think we'll blow them out Denver style, but I think Atlanta and New Orleans are much better teams than the Chargers, so I think we'll be fine.

I think the Chargers are a much better team than Atlanta. But I do see this as a win for the packers, at this point... Who knows if there will be any more injuries from now till then or how the chargers will be playing at that point in the season. Everyone knows the chargers play their best football in november and december.
The thing I see as being the biggest problem for the packers in this game is traveling all the way to the west coast. Thats a really brutal trip for any team in the east or midwest to make.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were people who were worried we'd lose to the Bears, Broncos and Falcons too. Until we lose a game, I'm not going to worry my tail for it. The Packers are just taking down opponents one at at time. I've seen improvement in areas of weakness, especially in last night's game. I don't think this team fears anybody right now, so I'll follow their lead.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Not worried McCarthy does a GREAT job after the bye. And guess what team is in our crosshairs after the bye: the Chargers, the only team with 1 win versus the Packers EVER.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Chargers are a much better team than Atlanta. But I do see this as a win for the packers, at this point... Who knows if there will be any more injuries from now till then or how the chargers will be playing at that point in the season. Everyone knows the chargers play their best football in november and december.
The thing I see as being the biggest problem for the packers in this game is traveling all the way to the west coast. Thats a really brutal trip for any team in the east or midwest to make.
Hell, that's a brutal trip for anyone, period!
Last time me and my gf flew to Cal, we hit some pretty serious turbulance. It wasn't just a few gentle bumps. It was rock and roll thousands of feet up and it kept goin on and on with no end to it. It was freaking us both out.
But I had to hide it and stay calm for both our sanities.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its something Ive seen people mention quite a bit, yes we are all aware that every team has the ability to lose a football game but generally alot of people are already saying they expect (when and if we lose) the loss to come from the Chargers?
Who are these people?
Gimme they're home addresses so that me, Kitten, WC, R double C, and Bogart can go over to their houses and give them a talking to. A really, really good talking to.

After seeing what the Pack did to the Falcons, no way no how am I going to even think they are going to lose a game this season. At all.
19-0 baby!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Chargers are talented but pretty dumb. Packers are better coached and a better team but Rivers can keep them in any game. He's a good QB.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last time I checked Tim Tebow nearly led a 4th quarter comeback against this team (and Ill add Tebow sucks)

It just annoys me because I think the Chargers and Philip Rivers have this image that the league has given them that they are this decent football team when actually I dont think they are at all that good and are just fortunate to play in a division with 3 cruddy teams.

I expect us to blow SD out of the water.

Im talking like week 4 style. Or week 6 style.
where are you hearing this? They aren't saying that here in San Diego....are you trolling?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This is a good thread, and I agree 100%.

I've been saying it for weeks, Chargers are good on paper but come on, they are not all that good.

#1 ranked offense and defense last season and look at how many games they won.

People talk as if they are some big threat, even so I still hear that Rivers is better than Rodgers even though the TD/INT so far this year goes Rodgers way even with a Super Bowl Ring.

For anyone that's watched San Diego play, you see exactly what I mean. The Dolphins whom are one of the NFL's worst teams, they allowed to hang around in the game and give it all they had. I understand Denver is a divisional opponent, but when you're up on them like that and allow them to come back and you nearly lose to a quarterback that can't complete 50% of his passes, it's not generally a good sign.

San Diego is an extremely overrated team. Look at the #1 ranked offense and defense that let the Raiders dismantle them at home, and couldn't even finish them on the road. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland destroyed them again this season. I do think we could get up on them and win by 10 or more points.

Anyone remember 2009? The Chargers were the Colts biggest threat, some even had them as Super Bowl favorites. They finished the season a respectable 13-3 along with the Saints, and had home field advantage in the divisional round only to blow it against an 8-8 team that barely made the playoffs. There is no excuse to finish with that good of a record, get the bye week, your starters are rested and well I guess experienced too (vs a team that is just making the playoffs for the first time with Rex Ryan). San Diego had every edge going into that game. Quarterback, home field advantage, defense, offense, special teams, and they played as if they had never been physically challenged ever.

The funniest thing about the Chargers to me is all the great players they get rid of that come back to make a career with another team. Much like Cromartie and Tomlinson with the Jets, and while you can argue Drew Brees' injury, they still let go of a Super Bowl MVP quarterback, as they did many many other great players like Wes Welker and Michael Turner.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Who are these people?
Gimme they're home addresses so that me, Kitten, WC, R double C, and Bogart can go over to their houses and give them a talking to. A really, really good talking to.

After seeing what the Pack did to the Falcons, no way no how am I going to even think they are going to lose a game this season. At all.
19-0 baby!
"R Double C" I like that. I could run for congress on that, I'd have a little Jingle that said "R double C, he's the guy for me"

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

It's not so brutal if your flying direct in the equivalent of first class. I'ts only about a 4 hour flight. If Big Mac brings them in a day or two early (remember were coming off of a bye week). Puts them up in the Hotel Del Coronado. Lets them Chill on the beach for a Day and soak up some of that So Cal Vitamin D, I think they will be energized going into the game. Hell for Clay, It'll probably turn him into superman for the game.

OP
OP
Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now on the other hand what about the Viqueens in Minnesota? Remember Mcnabb beat us last year and hes on a much better team (as far as it looks on paper) this year, plus if they get another win this week they could get on a bit of a roll?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Regardless, they still beat us. We didnt finish the game either, thats all Im saying
With how many new injuries. Honestly, last year at the beginning half of the season the Packers players were dropping like flies, and having to adjust to that was crazy. Sure we just adjusted to the Falcons this time around but we got used to it by then.

Chargers are going down, maybe we could get Norv Turner fired. Packers could be named the firing squad.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'd love to get Norv Turner fired, same as we did Childress.

San Diego is ran by retards. They actually had a good coach. Say what you want to about Marty Schottenihiemer for never making it to a Super Bowl, but bottom line is, he is a team builder. He built a damn good team for Cleveland in the late 1980's. They failed without him. He built a team in Kansas City. He WOULD HAVE made Washington competitive but Dan Synder is too cheap and fired him way too early. That's his San Diego team. In fact, Schottenhiemer is the one that wanted to keep Drew Brees, and fought not to get rid of him. Look at what happened when the Saints got him. They fired him for losing to an undefeated New England team that made it to the Super Bowl and lost, but how many playoff games has Norv Turner won them?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who are these people?

19-0 baby!

Yeah! Come on man! Start naming names, Phil! Who in God's name thinks we are going to lose to the Chargers?! I'll freakin eat crow! You can even have the pleasure of making it and feeding it to me, every revolting bite.

As FF said, after the Falcons game, I fear no team! I don't think we face a tougher opponent after the Falcons, save the Lions, which is always tricky. But the Chargers? What madness is this!

Members online

Latest posts