All Prayer's Gratefulluy Accepted.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Just found out I have a cancerous tumor in my nose. Been telling the docs for uears I've had nose problems. They found I has a severely deviated septum so after years of suffering like permanently stuffed up sinuses, they finally went in to fix the septum, and were supposed to like rotor rooter out my turbinates, whatever that means. But they found a large tumor behind the septum, which was hiding it.. So it looks like I'm now set up to try full face radiation therapy. Which they tell me are going to kill my salivary glands, which will rot all my teeth out. So Tuesday I have to go get all my teeth yanked out. Which the VA will pay for, but they will not pay for dentures for me. Meanwhile my regular VA doctor has decided unilaterally to halt my hydrocodone pain meds Typical government red tape. Eating regular meals are elective I guess, as is the severe pain I'm in from 2 total knee replacements. The pain pills I've been on for 10 years are addictive, he wants me to cold turkey no pills during all my other radiation/chemotherapy woes.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wish you the absolute best. That's a tough thing to handle everything happening all at once. Keep us posted on everything that is going on with you!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wishing you pain free times ahead...And that they can destroy the tumor with out any more issues

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers with you. Hope you can overcome all of this.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus, that's brutal. Huge wishes for a speedy recovery. We're dealing with a serious cancer issue in our family as well, so I can understand the difficult times ahead..

And yes good old fashioned government medicine.. I can only imagine the disaster once Obamacare takes hold.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you too. Try to keep a positive attitude - tough to do I know but I think it will help speed your recovery.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
G&G ... you need prayers? You have 'em ... as someone else noted already, please keep a positive attitude. We're all pulling for you here.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just found out I have a cancerous tumor in my nose. Been telling the docs for uears I've had nose problems. They found I has a severely deviated septum so after years of suffering like permanently stuffed up sinuses, they finally went in to fix the septum, and were supposed to like rotor rooter out my tubinates, whatever that means. But they found a large tumor behind the septum, which was hiding it.. So it looks like I'm now set up to try full face radiation therapy. Which they tell me are going to kill my salivary glands, which will rot all my teeth out. So Tuesday I have to go get all my teeth yanked out. Which the VA will pay for, but they will not pay for dentures for me. Meanwhile my regular VA doctor has decided unilaterally to halt my hydrocodone pain meds Typical government red tape. Eating regular meals are elective I guess, as is the severe pain I'm in from 2 total knee replacements. The pain pills I've been on for 10 years are addictive, he wants me to cold turkey no pills during all my other radiation/chemotherapy woes.
You are in our prayers. God is in control. Nothing too big or too small for Him.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
thank goodness they finally found it...it is very strange that they wouldn't pay for the dentures. The system is definitely messed up.
Here is hoping for a speedy recovery!

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I'm praying for you brother. Just having cancer is not a death sentence. I am still alive 11 years later. Hang in there. God is always in control

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, good luck man. You should talk to them about doing Proton therapy, it's easier to direct to the cancerous tissue and leave the healthy tissue alone. Something to think about

Members online

Latest posts