ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NEVER have I seen so many uncalled holds in one game. This is probably the reason why the Superdome is hard to play in. Because you know the refs are never gonna go your way because they are afraid of obnoxious Saints fans on their tail

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO. I have never seen such a poor display of tackling in my life. The lions D should be ashamed of themselves

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Brees should have thrown some picks tonight. He has not looked as invincible as his fans have claimed either.

Honestly, I have been saying all year the Saints are a tad overrated the Niners a tad underrated. Don't be shocked if the Niners knock Brees around/stuff their run and burn up a lot of time pounding the rock and short passes.

Never count out a Jim Harbaugh team. Not saying the Niners WILL win just saying those who always assumed the Saints roll their way to the title game don't be so sure either.

Saints are a lot like the Colts used to be years ago. But, I have seen this movie a lot and it often ended on the road in NE or even against a tough defensive team like the Steelers. I may be pretty shocked if NO made it to the SB.

Unfortunately the Giants if they win tomorrow may be the toughest roadblock to the Packers. A legit pass rushing team with a QB who while maybe not elite is pretty scrappy and clutch at times.

Reaction score
The Giants don't frighten me. If Aaron is protected, we'll be okay. I truly believe the defense will step up when it matters the most. Don't think Woodson doesn't remember that NFC Championship game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh I would pick the Pack over the G men. I just think for cold weather games they are the team who might scare me the most coming in. They have pulled of miracles in the past and Eli is better then he gets credit for this year despite the 9-7 record.

Honestly, I hope SF can pull it off vs. NO. Would be so nice and old school to see GB host SF.

Well the Lions had chances tonight. They blew it. They will keep improving though if THEY LEARN TO TACKLE. Good young team.

Have not had an upset this weekend. Falcons still have a shot. If Tebow beats the Steelers D I will **** my pants. Seriously. I don't care who is hurt on the Steelers O this weekend. If the proud veteran Steelers D lost to Tebow/Quinn they should hitchhike back home to Pittsburgh.

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is just a beast. The Lions dropped 3 potential interceptions. Drew is good for throwing a pick or two. If Saints hang on and win and go to SF, they gotta know 49ers defense is far better than the Lions.

Reaction score
The Packers D was embarrassed against the Giants (though we won the game) and I think they will remember that should we meet them next week. You gotta get pressure on Eli though. Plus, he's good for throwing a pick or two in the game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Falcons are not done yet. I mean they have not even played yet and we are all talking Giants lmao.

Falcons have a talented team. If they can run the ball and get some sort of pressure on baby Manning they have a legit shot to steal it.

Okay. If VINCE YOUNG can beat you then you got a shot. Vince Young is like a notch above Tebow in my book.

Reaction score
I believe the Falcons can beat the Giants because both teams are so inconsistent. If Michael Turner can soften up that front four of the Giants, those Giants DBs are vulnerable and White and Jones might have a field day.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, My predicted score of the Lions-Saints game was 45-28 Saints!
I should have won a few grand on hitting it on the nutz like that dangit.....

Thank God the Saints now have to play on grass. In wind. And rain or other weather.... Brees should have been picked off 2 times tonight BTW, but the Lions DB's hands were like stones.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Saints at Niners should be good. I honestly can't call a winner now. Nothing would shock me either way. I have been high on the Niners all year though.

I have always believed in Harbaugh though ever since he was the Colts QB. I know he will play up the disrespect card big time with his boys this week and come up with a few tricks for the game.

If you want Payton to get a dose of his own medicine then Harbaugh might be your guy.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit hung with NO for 3 quarters and then fell apart. Stafford's late INT was a terrible choice on his part, and Brees' fumble that was whistled dead was a game-changer. 2 or 3 legitimate shots at intercepting Brees that were dropped didn't help either.

Still, Det couldn't tackle and they made plenty of mistakes, but they did generate some pressure on Brees and that made a difference for a while but their secondary was awful.

It will be hard for SF to beat NO but they have the tools to do it. A far better defense, less prone to mistakes, and I don't think that NO's defense is as good as its made out to be. Still, SF will probably have to put up 30 points to win this one. They can slow NO down but they certainly won't stop Brees and co.

Big matchups to me are: Frank Gore vs. NO run defense and whether or not SF can get pressure on Brees.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the Saints running game along with Drew Brees that creates problems. If that All Pro OL can create holes against a Pro Bowl DL of the Niners just like the Lions, not many teams have a chance. That forces teams to commit at least 6 immediately near the line of scrimmage or risk continually getting gashed by a trio of rested backs which tire out any defense down the stretch. Against Us, Rams, and Bucs their running game was relatively ineffective or unused. Whether we face Falcons, Giants, Saints, or Niners in next 2 games I'm so glad Ryan Pickett is back. 340 lbs will be hard for any OT or OG to move easily. No surprise we gave up 139 and 199 yds to Chiefs and Bears while he was outta the lineup

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta go with ATL. I think that ATL is scared of GB, I really do. That playoff win last year, and the win this year were a couple of kicks to the nuts.

The Giants have some STUDS on that DL, and Victor Cruz is awesome. Plus, the Giants are used to the cold. Gimme Shatty Ice.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either or, both will get beat in Lambeau :)
Who do I think will challenge us more?

I think its pretty even.

Both teams have a good passing game and a good running game.
Good WR's
Both have a similarly matched defense, Giants having edge on pass rush.
And they both got hot going into the playoffs.

So I'm not phased, we beat both of them in their own homes in the regular season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I know it sounds cliche but, I want to face the better of the two teams. Truthfully, that would have to be the Giants in my opinion for the reasons you state.

The Falcons are a version of "Packers Lite" in my book ... I'd rather that the Pack get to the Super Bowl challenged. If you know what I mean. Perhaps I have a bitter taste from 2007, I don't know. I wasn't convinced that the Packers' defense in 2007 could contain New England anyway but still ... I'd take a certain amount of pleasure in shutting up Giants fans about that 2007 NFC Championship Game - I really would.

Either way, BRING ON THE GIANTS.

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it sounds cliche but, I want to face the better of the two teams. Truthfully, that would have to be the Giants in my opinion for the reasons you state.

The Falcons are a version of "Packers Lite" in my book ... I'd rather that the Pack get to the Super Bowl challenged. If you know what I mean. Perhaps I have a bitter taste from 2007, I don't know. I wasn't convinced that the Packers' defense in 2007 could contain New England anyway but still ... I'd take a certain amount of pleasure in shutting up Giants fans about that 2007 NFC Championship Game - I really would.

Either way, BRING ON THE GIANTS.

The Falcons are a version "Packers Lite" I f'ing love it!!!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is just a beast.

Especially when he's left wide open like the Saints did the entire game....Best receiver on the team and you don't cover him, then wonder why the Lions moved the ball up and down the field at will the entire game...duh....

Reaction score
Are the Giants really the best, though? If the Falcons beat them, that means the Giants weren't good enough. Keep in mind, we lost a playoff game at home to the Falcons not that long ago. That is something that has to be avenged.

Reaction score
Especially when he's left wide open like the Saints did the entire game....Best receiver on the team and you don't cover him, then wonder why the Lions moved the ball up and down the field at will the entire game...duh....
Actually he was covered a couple of times by 2 or three people and he would still catch the ball. Beast.

Reaction score
It's the Saints running game along with Drew Brees that creates problems. If that All Pro OL can create holes against a Pro Bowl DL of the Niners just like the Lions, not many teams have a chance. That forces teams to commit at least 6 immediately near the line of scrimmage or risk continually getting gashed by a trio of rested backs which tire out any defense down the stretch. Against Us, Rams, and Bucs their running game was relatively ineffective or unused. Whether we face Falcons, Giants, Saints, or Niners in next 2 games I'm so glad Ryan Pickett is back. 340 lbs will be hard for any OT or OG to move easily. No surprise we gave up 139 and 199 yds to Chiefs and Bears while he was outta the lineup
The Saints running game was working last night because the Lions repeatedly missed tackles on Pierre Thomas. When he should have stopped before the first down, he would break a tackle and go get it.

Staff online

Latest posts