ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch as long as the game remains competitive. If the Saints pull away with a big lead I'll lose interest. I'll be rooting for the Lions for sure.
I have to believe, keeping in mind their recent history, that the Saints will try to run it up IF they get ahead. Butte ...I have a high opinion of Detroit's capability. I 'm glad that the city of Detroit has gotten a good football team. I truly believe that Detroit can definitely win this game. IF this game was in Detroit = Detroit win. In New Orleans, tilt to NO, but Detroit CAN DO IT!

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that Detroit can win this game if they are mentally stable enough. They definitely can keep up offensively with the Saints but they can not make mental mistakes. We shall see.
I agree with you as to the mental stability. Detroit is like the young punk who has grown up and finds he can out-muscle people now, after years of being pushed around. A few beat downs now...will bring some humility and wisdom. Time will make them better hopefully and add a little maturity.As for the game....I DO like Stafford to Calvin Johnson = could be a REALLY GREAT tandem.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
How playoff teams fared vs. other playoff teams in 2011:

AFC
1. New England - 1-2
2. Baltimore - 6-0
3. Houston - 3-2
4. Denver - 1-3
5. Pittsburgh - 3-4
6. Cincinnati - 0-7

NFC
1. Green Bay - 6-0
2. San Francisco - 4-1
3. New Orleans - 5-1
4. New York Giants - 1-3
5. Atlanta - 1-4
6. Detroit - 1-5

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you as to the mental stability. Detroit is like the young punk who has grown up and finds he can out-muscle people now, after years of being pushed around. A few beat downs now...will bring some humility and wisdom. Time will make them better hopefully and add a little maturity.As for the game....I DO like Stafford to Calvin Johnson = could be a REALLY GREAT tandem.

this is one of the best posts about the lions I have read, says everything you need to know. I just hope they don't get "too good" :cool:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If my 49ers play at home there tough to beat. Last year with *********** as HC we almost beat the Saints. This year we have Lord Fangio operating the Defense along with a better db's. I have nothing but faith in my team, and I'd love to come into Green Bay and play you guys for the championship game. Brings back old memories. I was here earlier in the 2011 year asking about Flynn and of course his game this year he rocks the Lions. How I wish we woulda traded for him when we had the chance...Kid is special, very very special.
Had fun with a 9'ers fan on the cruise I was on this week. We knew each other by our first names by the end of the week. Told him to take care of Bree's and meet me in Green Bay.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since one of these two is going to be our next opponent and I'm tired of talking about the Saints, I thought I'd start a thread on this topic. Most are picking the Giants to win, but I'm not so positive. Atlanta will have to deal with the Giants' pass rush but the secondary is vulnerable. If they can buy Ryan some time I see the Falcons as having a pretty good chance to win this one.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Falcons will need to run the ball well to have a shot. Both teams are helter skelter. I expect the Giants to win the game but I am hoping Atlanta can give them a run for their money and even steal it.

The Giants pass rush is getting stronger and I remember how much Matt Ryan struggled in Houston vs. a top D there. Thing is I am not sure the Giants can stop the run as well as Houston did?

BTW JPP is a beast.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Giants, and I don't think it's close. Then again, I think our OLine has improved tremendously since the last time we played the Giants, which was a real cause for concern.

But I can see Atlanta beating NY.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else not excited about the BENGALS VS TEXANS game? Of course I'm going to watch it but these two teams just seem like they don't belong in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and its one of those close games that go to the wire. But not too excited to watch this game at all.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else not excited about the BENGALS VS TEXANS game? Of course I'm going to watch it but these two teams just seem like they don't belong in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong and its one of those close games that go to the wire. But not too excited to watch this game at all.

I think that the Texans, without Schaub just aren't a high quality team. Good, yes, ...Great, noooo. TJ Yates, the once again injured and departed Matt Leinhart (gee...what a "bust-out", reminds me of that linebacker from Oklahoma and that lineman from Michigan, hey?) and Jake Delhomme just don't bring fear or respect or whatever to mind for me.

The Bengals, are a little different story. Andy Dalton, from TCU, I think is a little over-rated. But, there are signs of improvement I see. He's still a wait-and-see, as to how good (or bad) he will prove to be. I like AC Green and Jerome "full-gainer" Simpson. Their receiving corps is definitely on the upswing. Are they a solid PLAYOFF team?...I don't think so. They've lost to every playoff team they've faced so far this year. .....One more game against playoff-quality teams should just about do it for the Bengals this year.... But this experience may benefit them greatly in the future.

As an aside, while I think Andy Dalton is respectable....he's a HELL of a lot better than the other recent Texas quarterback starting in the NFL, Colt "McBoy" (from the U of T) with Cleveland. I have just got to believe that Former Packer Coach/ Cleveland GM Mike Holmgren is going to dump this kid for his own safety and well-being before he gets himself killed on the field. The way Jerome Harrison just LEVELED this kid was scary. "McBoy" was just about "spread-eagled" out on the field after the hit.
This young man is not NFL material. He looks even worse .... and more scared .... than Brian Brohm did.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really looking forward to THIS game.
This should be the best one of the weekend.

I am running a POOL for the whole playoffs, and this was the most split WC game.... 12 Giants, 8 Falcons picks.
Also the ESPN guys, it's pretty even.

People say records aside, this Falcons team is better than the one that was the #1 seed last year. And Atlanta is healthy.

They are a tough matchup for the Giants. Watch.

But for us, I do not want to play the Giants... I will be rooting for Atlanta even though they are dirty on the OL.

RearAdmiralFloyd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants. That nasty pass rush will be all over Matt Ryan, and the confidence of the giants is through the roof after knocking the cowboys out last week.

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
Texans might be my no. 2 team mainly due to the number of former Badgers on that team. Watt is a beast, that was a sick pick 6!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wonder how the Texans will do in a road playoff game now. In the cold. Much different then being in the inspired dome (coughSaintscough). They lost in Baltimore this year already. It does not bode well for them but if they show up and play hardcore D for a full game they have a shot IMO.

Gonna be a lot tougher to run on Baltimore though so more pressure will be on Yates.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints D is not looking good at all. And 2 turnovers for Saints O... yikes!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Lions can't tackle or capitalize on Saints turnovers.

I still don't fear the Saints. Said it several times this year but I think they are still a tad overrated. I don't care if I get flamed by the Saints love crew.

The Giants are actually scarier to me then the Saints. Giants are a big game team who can show up in the cold.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many holds do we think the Saints can get away with. Look I know they are called "Saints" but that doesn't mean they are always saintly.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers are going to be the demise of the Saints if the Lions can manage to capitalize off them. That's the biggest difference between Brees and Rodgers, Rodgers just doesn't turn the ball over as much. But the Lions need to make them pay for it. I don't like the way the pace of this game is going for the Saints. They have been playing catch up since the Lions first drive. They need to at some point take the lead and take over this game instead of walking one pace behind the Lions or drawing even to them. Otherwise the Lions are going to win this game.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, what a poorly officiated game. The saints got all the calls, while the lions... not so much. The saints look VERY beatable in their dome. Doesn't bode well for them at a place like lambaeu

Members online

Latest posts