ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless something happen, I m going to watch all the games this weekend. I would like to see a Packers - Saints game because it will probably be a great game. But I also want to beat the Lions one more time this year.
And Ill be rooting for Tebow against the rapi...ben roethlisberger

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Unless something happen, I m going to watch all the games this weekend. I would like to see a Packers - Saints game because it will probably be a great game. But I also want to beat the Lions one more time this year.
And Ill be rooting for Tebow against the rapi...ben roethlisberger

Hard to say which QB I dislike the most, there.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, since we beat them twice to the Saints just once, maybe. But think of my little brother. He's been living in Mobile, Alabama for like 30 years, Hardly even remembers being raised up in Wisconsin. He's a closet Saints fan. I asked him who he would want to win, Packers and Saints, he still says Packers......BUT.....if anybody is fated to beat the Packers and go to the Superbowl, he hopes it is the Saints.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not trying to be discouraging here, but earlier today I was listening to ESPN radio and thought I heard it said that a number one seed has not won a SB in 8 years? It's possible I heard wrong as I was resting in bed trying to recover from this very bad cold and UTI of NyQuil thus groggy.
Actually the Saints were the only number one seed to win in the last 8 years. AFC or NFC. More 6th seeds have won than 1 seeds in that time period.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do not get me wrong when I say this because I am not scared to play them, but if the Saints lose at any time during the playoffs before playing the Packers, the Packers are all but guaranteed a return to the SB. They are the only team, to me, that can last 4 rounds (quarters) with the Packers offense throwing punches. Sure our defense takes punches too, but when the game is over the Packers got more punches in and the opponent is always bloodier than we are. Example 15-1.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no doubt i will be watching....because we have to embrace as much football as we can!!! can't believe regular season is over already.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch as long as the game remains competitive. If the Saints pull away with a big lead I'll lose interest. I'll be rooting for the Lions for sure.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be watching hard to say who I would like to win,think it will be saints Safford doesnt do well under pressure.I think Denver will upset steelers,main reason big bin is dinged up and denver d-line will be a beast .

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I expect the Saints to win but GO LIONS GO GO GO LIONS!!!!!!! Lions got nothing to lose here. Nobody expects them to win. Just go in there and have fun. Lions can score with anyone so if they don't do anything stupid (big if) they can hang. They were missing a few defensive players last time around in NO.

Once again L-I-O-N-S Lions Lions Lions. Lions eat the Saints. Eat the Saints.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I expect the Saints to win but GO LIONS GO GO GO LIONS!!!!!!! Lions got nothing to lose here. Nobody expects them to win. Just go in there and have fun. Lions can score with anyone so if they don't do anything stupid (big if) they can hang. They were missing a few defensive players last time around in NO.

Once again L-I-O-N-S Lions Lions Lions. Lions eat the Saints. Eat the Saints.

I'm not sure where you stand on this Jules. Exactly which team did you want to win?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you stand on this Jules. Exactly which team did you want to win?

Lions need to be fed on a Saturday night. A few Saints would be very tasty to them. If I was the Lions coach I would hand out pictures of Flynn to every player on their D with "GOAT" written on it.

I hope this is not a game the Saints run away with early. I want to see a high scoring affair. Much like Packers/Cardinals a few years ago. Let's get our shootout on.......

The NFC games will be the better games this weekend I think. The AFC matchups look about as exciting as watching laundry dry even though I will watch.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Even if Suh played I don't think it would have changed the out come the first time they played NO.

My picks for the week

Saints over Lions
Texans over Bengals
Steelers over Tebows
Giants over Falcons

I don't think the Saints are going to screw around against the Lions. Their defense has played much better in the last few weeks, I think they come out and blow them out. 8-0 at home, I don't see anything about to change that. Flynn really showed some flaws in their high rated pass coverage...Brees will exploit that to an extreme.

I put money down on Pittsburgh, and I am tempted to put it down on the Giants cause I have no faith what so ever in the Falcons, and have gained some easy dollars betting against them this season. Watch for Roddy White to drop passes cause he's scared he's going to get hit too hard by a defensive back.

If the Texans can't beat the Bengals then shame on them. They are starting to really disgust me, start out real strong, win games without Schaub then drop eggs in games they should have easily won.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Bogart I'm with you on the Saints blowing out the Lions.

SportsCenter will be calling Drew Brees the best QB ever and the team unstoppable. :rolleyes: The following weekend, the Saints lose in S.F. (like I've been calling it for sometime now:D)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch every single game of this postseason, including the Lions Saints.

I will root for the Lions. I, first of, think they're the worse team, and the one we would more easily win against. That alone would be motive.

But after the last game, I really really want to, much like with Bears fans, end any and all talk about how they're the better team, or even that they're in the same level as we are. I want McCarthy running up the score, something he has done only twice in his career, both this year. I can't stand Schwartz quite honestly, he has the assholish attitude of an ex-bully who got away with a lot and acts above everybody else. They are not the dirty team the Falcons are (as Raji will attest), but, much like their coach, they're an arrogant bunch. And it's rubbing off in their franchise, it'll be a great game to end this talk of referee advantage.

Then again, if we face the Saints so be it. Will be the best opportunity to show everybody who is really the best.

I know that's a lot of confidence, borderline cockyness coming out of my part, but that's what going 20-1, including a SB win as a 6th seed and with 15 players on IR, will do to you.

So... yes, and Lions.

Members online

Latest posts