ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I like how Coach McCarthy learned a little from 2007. Back then, the team practiced indoors before that tragic Giants game because the field was a mess. This year, Nitschke field is prepped and the team will be practicing outside to acclimatize themselves to handling the ball in the cold. I think that is a smart smart move.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
There is no way the Falcons beat the Giants in the playoffs. Just no way in hell I can believe that.

Atlanta is a run first, pass, pass, pass, pass team, that is very inconsistent when it comes to putting it in the air so many times. Matt Ryan deep ball is one of the worst in the league because he either overthrows his man, or they drop the ball, or it's well defended. I have NEVER trusted betting on Atlanta, and still don't.

Also, in New York it's gonna be cold. The Giants aren't going to disappoint at home. The Falcons defense will get carved to pieces just like they have been all year by good teams.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There is no way the Falcons beat the Giants in the playoffs. Just no way in hell I can believe that.

Atlanta is a run first, pass, pass, pass, pass team, that is very inconsistent when it comes to putting it in the air so many times. Matt Ryan deep ball is one of the worst in the league because he either overthrows his man, or they drop the ball, or it's well defended. I have NEVER trusted betting on Atlanta, and still don't.

Also, in New York it's gonna be cold. The Giants aren't going to disappoint at home. The Falcons defense will get carved to pieces just like they have been all year by good teams.

It's supposed to be in the 40's for the game. That's not that cold. The home field will help the Giants though. I think the Falcons are going to surprise a lot of folks.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's supposed to be in the 40's for the game. That's not that cold. The home field will help the Giants though. I think the Falcons are going to surprise a lot of folks.

I'll have to see it to believe it. They are winless in the playoffs under Smith and Matt Ryan, as much as I want it to stay that way, I don't want to play the Giants in the playoffs. I said it last week, if there's 2 teams that can beat the Packers in the post season, it's NY and NO, don't want to meet either of them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think practicing outdoors in New Orleans is quite the same as playing outdoors in Green Bay.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think practicing outdoors in New Orleans is quite the same as playing outdoors in Green Bay.

No it's not but it's hilarious and cocky to me at the same time lmao.

Reaction score
I think the Packers should take a page out of their opponents book and do to their opponent what they try to do to us. Ryan Grant is healthy and with our regular O Line around, he and Starks (and Kuhn) could make life a lot easier for Aaron and the WRs. No matter who we play on the 15th, we are going to be facing a very good QB be it Stafford, Ryan or Manning. Have long drives that keep them off the field.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is sort of play off related, but I couldn't think of a better thread in which to share this anecdote. My son is a big Niners fan (ever since the Montana/Young years). So he wears the coat and the hat and stuff just like we do for the Packers. He has big Niners logos all over his car. Yesterday his car went up in smoke. Guess who's vehicle he is borrowing until he can get his fixed? You guessed it; a green Jeep Cherokee with Packers logos on it. Sometimes life has great and humorous timing. He's gotta drive my "Green Machine" during the play offs. How sweet is that? :D

Boutte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason I want the pack to lose before we get a second shot at you is because I fear Lambeau field in Jan. Not saying we'd definitely beat you on a neutral field with good weather but I think we're the better team right now.All this talk about us being a weak team on the road is ridiculous. We have the best road record of any team in the league over the last 6 years. playing in a frozen hell is a little different though. But if we do manage to get there you'd better bring your best game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The only reason I want the pack to lose before we get a second shot at you is because I fear Lambeau field in Jan. Not saying we'd definitely beat you on a neutral field with good weather but I think we're the better team right now.All this talk about us being a weak team on the road is ridiculous. We have the best road record of any team in the league over the last 6 years. playing in a frozen hell is a little different though. But if we do manage to get there you'd better bring your best game.

I love it!!! Thats what teams get when they play in Green Bay this postseason. FROZEN HELL!!!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about it today,who the pack should be worried about in the playoffs,there are some good teams for sure,ever one saying we should worry about the giants d-line 9ers d-line our d-line can't stop the run gives up to many yards yes that is true.But what about this Sunday when we played the lions granted they had no run game to speak of,but we did hold them got pressure on Safford some what,anyway I'm not saying pack will have an easy time just think our team as a whole will do what needsw to be done and that's beat any team to get to the s.b and the pack can do it.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am definitely impressed with job Jim Schwartz has done in Detroit. The offense can move the ball...alas, like the Packers the defense is suspect. But...there has been severe improvement from only a few seasons ago when the Lions went 0-16. I probably like Matt Stafford as the 2nd best QB in the NFC. I know, since Brees and the Saints have been running it up as of late to get records, that a lot of people are on the Brees bandwagon....but I figure THAT train will sooner, or later, come to a halt. Geezz...Drew is just so small and short. They say he's 6-0...not a chance. Next to Sproles, who I actually stood next to at Disneyworld a few years back (he's 5-5,..5-6 AT BEST) Brees is about 2-3 inches taller. 5-8, maybe 5-9. Add a few years and hits to that small a guy and they wilt with age. Stafford is a HUSKY6-2/6-3.

The Lions get the Saints next weekend and I'm looking forward to the game. Anyway you look at it...if you are to be standing at the end ...you have got to beat everyone in front of you.

MAY THE BEST TEAM and/or THE TEAM THAT PLAYS THE BEST ...WIN

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think the Packers should take a page out of their opponents book and do to their opponent what they try to do to us. Ryan Grant is healthy and with our regular O Line around, he and Starks (and Kuhn) could make life a lot easier for Aaron and the WRs. No matter who we play on the 15th, we are going to be facing a very good QB be it Stafford, Ryan or Manning. Have long drives that keep them off the field.

That's going to be the key to winning in the playoffs. You can't win if you can't run the ball. It may be a quarterback's league, but you don't get far in the playoffs with no running game, Starks last season was the savoir of this team come playoff time. It took pressure off Rodgers big time to have to throw it 40 times a game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
As for the AFC, why do the headlines all say "Is Pittsburgh going to stop Tebow?" instead of what we all know what they should say?

Pittsburgh is going to beat the living snot out of them, and then probably lose to Baltimore in the divisional round. I don't know about NE yet.

Unomee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not trying to be discouraging here, but earlier today I was listening to ESPN radio and thought I heard it said that a number one seed has not won a SB in 8 years? It's possible I heard wrong as I was resting in bed trying to recover from this very bad cold and UTI of NyQuil thus groggy.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not trying to be discouraging here, but earlier today I was listening to ESPN radio and thought I heard it said that a number one seed has not won a SB in 8 years? It's possible I heard wrong as I was resting in bed trying to recover from this very bad cold and UTI of NyQuil thus groggy.

Saints were the first seed in 2009 and won the SB.

Maybe they meant the AFC? The AFC first seeds have not fared too well overall for a while.

And what the heck is this with Justin Tuck and the Falcons o line talking trash?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The AFC is a bit interesting with most of them outside of NE being defensive teams.

In the NFC outside of SF they are mostly offensive teams.

Of course the offenses can step it up for the AFC and the defenses for the NFC but the strengths are obvious.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens look scary in the AFC... And the Pats Offense at home is tough ( if not impossible) to stop.

The Packers and Saints both look like the two teams to beat in the NFC.... Don't ever count out NY though. You never know when they will come to play and hand u your ***.... just ask Pats fans

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Giants are streaky for sure. On their best days they can look like one of the best teams in the league. And on their worst days they can lose to Vince Young or the Seahawks or the Skins.

I won't count out Atlanta beating them but I won't get my hopes up on it. Would really be pleasing to see an upset in one of the NFC games this weekend but then again, I won't get my hopes up too much on it.

Barrysghost

Un-catchable
Reaction score
How many of you Packfans will be watching your fellow NFCN team play the Saints on Saturday? Will you be rooting for the Lions, or the Aints, and why?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll be watching and I'll be rooting for the Lions. I love football, no matter who is playing. With all due respect to a good Lions team the Saints are frightening right now. The biggest difference I see between the two teams is "seasoning". The Saints are more experienced at being there. Brees is putting up gaudy numbers every week and their Defense is coming around (unlike the Packers). The Lions have been in the doldrums for so long, it's not bad to see their fans have something to cheer. So I hope the Lions are victorious. Now, if this was the Bears against the Saints I would root for the Saints anyway.

Members online

Latest posts