ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the niners are going to win tomorrow...saints are a much different team on the road...If the niners matchup with the packers in the NFC championship game they have a better chance in GB than in SF imo..the packers are not meant for these elements...the niners are built much better for the cold imo.

Still the Niners are from Cali. They are not used to the cold weather where they are from. The Packers regardless of how they are built are used to the cold and elements.

This has also been talked about a million times this year here I think.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Still the Niners are from Cali. They are not used to the cold weather where they are from. The Packers regardless of how they are built are used to the cold and elements.

This has also been talked about a million times this year here I think.
Packers practice inside, in the Don Hutson center. Like every other team does when its cold. The do have some practices outside, but not all the time.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...but-wont-hex-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

Those pesky Salem witches are at it again.

Roughly 300 years after they were put on trial in hard-hitting colonial Massachusetts, a modern-day cadre of sorceresses are joining forces to ensure Tom Brady and the Patriots will come out on top in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff against the Broncos.

The group plans to gather Friday (the 13th, mind you) to nullify any curses associated with Brady being splashed on the cover of past issues of Sports Illustrated. No Tim Tebow hexes are planned -- these are nice witches, with jobs and email addresses -- but the ladies are heavily into Patriots football and not afraid to toy with the outcome.

"I'm going to raise the energy of the universe and send out all the good mojo," a sorceress by the name Lorelei told the Boston Herald. "(Fellow witch) Lori will call in the Angels."

Fair enough.

These witches boast a deep resume. Last year, they attempted an intervention for Charlie Sheen, but attendance was spotty, according to Lorelei: "When we told them this Circle was for Tom Brady, oh, everybody will be there!"

One of the witches, hot on arts-and-crafts, has pieced together a Brady puppet, which will be placed atop an alter piled high with "mojo bags" containing herbs and stones for every member of the Patriots.

Lorelei then will move into Tebowing formation -- the logic here is sound -- and unleash the following chant: "Tom Brady will see what he needs to see, be where he needs to be and will take the Patriots to another victory!"

Can we back up a minute?

Right now, someone's floating around Salem with a Bill Belichick "mojo bag."

We have no words.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Packers practice inside, in the Don Hutson center. Like every other team does when its cold. The do have some practices outside, but not all the time.

They arranged that it was a little over 20 degrees with about a 6 MPH wind blowing in the Hutson center this week. Don't assume because it's inside that it's temperate.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching these games today/tonight are going to make me even more eager for tomorrows game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
They arranged that it was a little over 20 degrees with about a 6 MPH wind blowing in the Hutson center this week. Don't assume because it's inside that it's temperate.
I would like to know how they did that since it was 51 in Green Bay on Wednesday. From the reports I read the Packer were practicing outside. To get a build that size down to the 20's you would have to have one big freezer unit. And at 51 outside it would be tough to keep it cold. But I'll give you this. Practicing outside in the cold for a couple of days does not really make you used to the cold. It may help some, but not as much as most people think.

BTW, think you could post a link to the story that says they got the Hutson center down to the 20's.

Reaction score
Smith to Vernon Davis for the touchdown. Pierre Thomas in the back from a head to head hit, Graham has back spasms and two Saints DBs knocked themselves silly trying to both tackle Davis.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the Saints defense isn't this good. Alex Smith and the Niners offense are anemic. Wow.

Unfortunately for the Saints, the 9'ers D isn't anemic. But the problem for the 9'ers is they are not capitalizing on the Saints turnovers. The differential in the score should be greater if they had a better offense. I think the '9ers are making a mistake by letting the Saints hang so close in this game. The Saints can strike pretty quickly and before you know it, you are down by 14. But, as long as the Saints keep turning the ball over, it may not even matter.

Members online

Latest posts