ALL PLAYOFF TALK----EVERYTHING

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
i think so...wasnt there a pass interfrence no call on the last play..i was youngebut I recall watching that game.

Yeah I was only like 15 watching that game too. I remember the bad calls which I wont go into. Today I got the feeling the Steelers were being helped again though. I almost expected them to pull it out in the end when Ben had the ball to end the game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I still can't believe Matt Ryan and that offense. That big trade for Julio Jones and everything. You get to the playoffs and score 2 POINTS. 2. On defense.

I think we all had it wrong. The performance by the Falcons offense is what I think myself and many expected from the Broncos offense. lol.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I am also not giving up on the Texans until they are eliminated. If they can stop Ray Rice and run the ball they can upset Baltimore if Flacco struggles.

We'll see.

Love this weekends AFC games now. Two heavy favorites vs. two serious underdogs. Texans are the bigger Cinderella story though IMO. Tebow is a mega super star. Nobody cares about TJ Yates. That Texans run game is delicious though. The run game/the defense and Andre are all underrated in Houston. But, Baltimore is so good at home.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Mr. StyleZ, LOL is all over the internet but I gotta tell ya: That post actually had me laughing out loud!
I still can't believe Matt Ryan and that offense. That big trade for Julio Jones and everything. You get to the playoffs and score 2 POINTS.
GMs who mortgage the future for the "missing piece" are likely to go missing themselves. Atlanta went from "huge promise" to "huge disappointment" in the space of three seasons. Maybe Matty Ice & company need some fire?
300+ yards on 10 completions. Insanity.
No, no. Not 300+ plus yards. Exactly 316 yards passing. As in wear a goofy multi-colored wig and hold up your sign for all to see: John 3:16. 'For God so loved the world He created a QB...' or something like that. Doesn't that just drive some of you nuts?!

The Steelers played nearly that entire game with their second-team DL and without a starting safety. Still…

I continue to get a kick out of how much Tebow bothers some people. But don't get me wrong: I'd be supremely confident if the Packers faced the Broncos in Indy, but that's not ... gonna... happen.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can tebows magic take him to the AFC Championship? I dont think New England will be able to stop their offense, Denver has the #1 rushing attack and if tebow can pass at all it will be a long day for the Pats defense. Its just the broncos gotta contain Brady. Brady hasnt won a playoff game since his almost perfect run in 08. B.Dawkins back in the secondary could maybe help as well.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England should easily handle Tebow.. They did a few weeks ago in Denver. The weather will be good in NE so sloppy conditions won't help the running team

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England should easily handle Tebow.. They did a few weeks ago in Denver. The weather will be good in NE so sloppy conditions won't help the running team

Yeah Broncos run is probably over, but ya never know! Any Given Sunday haha

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe Matt Ryan and that offense. That big trade for Julio Jones and everything. You get to the playoffs and score 2 POINTS. 2. On defense.

I think we all had it wrong. The performance by the Falcons offense is what I think myself and many expected from the Broncos offense. lol.
The Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularky should have been fired at halftime. If he got a seat home to Atlanta on that airplane, I'd be surprised.

I guarantee with that offensive personnel that I as OC could get them to be scoring at least 3 touchdowns in that game. Their playcalling is/was pathetic.

They run everytime when the Giants expect them to run.
And they pass when the Giants know they're gonna pass.

They think they're good enough that the Giants won't stop them even though they know what's coming.

They should have run play-action on 1st down a few times early. They should have had some quick short throws to Julio Jones.
Then they should have run some draw plays when the Giants were playing to stop the pass on 2nd & 9 or 2nd & 10, etc.... just no imagination from them.
Pathetic.

Now Tim Tebow has as many career playoff wins as Tony Romo + Matt Ryan + Matthew Stafford combined do.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Mr. StyleZ, LOL is all over the internet but I gotta tell ya: That post actually had me laughing out loud! GMs who mortgage the future for the "missing piece" are likely to go missing themselves. Atlanta went from "huge promise" to "huge disappointment" in the space of three seasons. Maybe Matty Ice & company need some fire? No, no. Not 300+ plus yards. Exactly 316 yards passing. As in wear a goofy multi-colored wig and hold up your sign for all to see: John 3:16. 'For God so loved the world He created a QB...' or something like that. Doesn't that just drive some of you nuts?!

The Steelers played nearly that entire game with their second-team DL and without a starting safety. Still…

I continue to get a kick out of how much Tebow bothers some people. But don't get me wrong: I'd be supremely confident if the Packers faced the Broncos in Indy, but that's not ... gonna... happen.

Not just 316 yards passing. Read this thread and all the good stuff from the game.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/coincidences-from-broncos-game.33997/#post-421892

Maybe I am starting to become a believer?:barefoot:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully one or two upsets occur this weekend before Packers/Giants play.

And oddly enough either the Saints or Niners are done before the Packers even play their first playoff game.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully one or two upsets occur this weekend before Packers/Giants play.

And oddly enough either the Saints or Niners are done before the Packers even play their first playoff game.

This weekends games should be GREAT! :tup:
Starts with the Saints @ Niners - GO NINERS!!!!
Then Denver @ New England - GO BRONCOS!!!
On Sunday it starts with Houston @ Baltimore - GO RAVENS!!!
Then New York @ Green Bay - GO PACKERS!!!

AFCCG - Broncos @ Ravens - GO RAVENS!!!
NFCCG - Niners @ Packers - What are you kidding??? GO NINERS!!!

SUPERBOWL XLVI
"Harbaugh Bowl II"
GO NINERS!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
How do you feel about the game this weekend Niner friend?

Saints are favored right?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I heard they're favored by 3. I'm not really surprised. They're a hot offense. I hope the Niner D is up to the task of stopping them.

Not sure what happens in this one but I have no doubt Jim Harbaugh will have his boys jacked up and ready to go regardless of the outcome. At least it's a home game. That will help.

Of course I am rooting for Mr. Harbaugh.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Can tebows magic take him to the AFC Championship? I dont think New England will be able to stop their offense, Denver has the #1 rushing attack and if tebow can pass at all it will be a long day for the Pats defense. Its just the broncos gotta contain Brady. Brady hasnt won a playoff game since his almost perfect run in 08. B.Dawkins back in the secondary could maybe help as well.

I'm sorry - I hear your reasoning but I just can't see it. In fact, I will drink something shocking if New England loses. Something with real sugar in it...like a milkshake or a real (not diet) Coke. BOOM baby. Urine is for pikers...bring on the sugar.

I SWEAR I will do this. Do not doubt me.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Niners are going to pull off the upset.
I surely do hope so. They certainly could... maybe... hopefully...*fingers crossed* :cool:
If the Niner D can hold the Saints to less than 27 points, they could pull off a win. If not, it's been a great season and GO!!! PACK GO!!!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My dream title game all year has been Niners at Packers. So old school. The Smith vs. Rodgers story. The MVP vs. Coach of the year.

Not a fear of NO to me. I have had a thing for Harbaugh since 1995 and want to see him get ONE playoff win this year. ;)

And anyone who counts out Jim Harbaugh this weekend is a fool!!! He is a great coach and will know the Saints better then they do. It's just a matter of executing. Not sure if they can do it but I NEVER count out a Jim Harbaugh team.

I would like to also see one of the Texans or Broncos win. If both pulled it off I would flip my lid. That would be too awesome. I am not sure if either can do it but I think I actually have more faith in the Broncos since they have a great history vs. the Pats and there is this strange karma thing with Tebow. You can't predict a Broncos game. You just can't!!!!

I worry more about Houston going into a cold and tough environment. I don't think Yates has the stones Tebow has.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts