All Flag team.. Yes a Packer is on it..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I know it is our style of play, but I also think the refs go out of their way to call some ticky tack ones as well.. But anyway.. a decent overall article.

Note the other corner, thank goodness Mr Grab is gone..

Offense
Position Player Team Penalties Rank
LT Flozell Adams Cowboys 35 Seventh
LG Robert Gallery Raiders 46 First
C Olin Kreutz Bears 26 29th
RG Leonard Davis Cowboys 39 Third
RT Alex Barron Rams 43 Second
TE Tony Gonzalez Chiefs 26 29th
QB Carson Palmer Bengals 24 42nd
WR Anquan Boldin Cardinals 25 39th
WR Chad Johnson Bengals 24 42nd
WR Randy Moss Patriots 24 42nd
RB Mike Sellers Redskins 20 86th

Defense
Position Player Team Penalties Rank
DE Jason Taylor Dolphins 33 Eighth
DT Shaun Rogers Lions 28 23rd
DT Albert Haynesworth Titans 26 29th
DE James Hall Rams 25 39th
LB Terrell Suggs Ravens 21 69th
LB Willie McGinest Browns 16 N/A
LB Antwan Peek Browns 16 N/A
CB Charles Woodson Packers 31 12th
S Adrian Wilson Cardinals 26 29th
S Sean Taylor Redskins 22 61st
CB Ahmad Carroll Former Packer 30 17th

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3102510

1. Habitual offenders

Green Bay's Woodson (12) and Al Harris (seven) lead all cornerbacks in penalties this season.....

The Packers are setting a dubious standard for defensive backfields.

Woodson has 31 penalties since 2004, second-most among corners. Former teammate Ahmad Carroll somehow ranks third with 30 penalties -- even though he's out of the league.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is another team in the NFL that puts their corners out on an island as much as The Packers.
Harris and Woodson are mostly playing man defense without a whole lot of help so leading the league in penalties is not surprising.
So far the penalties haven't hurt too much, let's hope there isn't a game changing penalty the rest of th year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take what Woodson offers any day of the week.
After 9 games - 3 INTs, 1 INT TD, 1 Fumble TD.
Plus, he's a strong, physical player who tackles any RB foolish enough to run to his side.

Carroll on the other hand...

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c wood has been playing real solid the last 4 weeks, and hes a competitor with super bowl experience..... just think only he and favre have been to the big game of all the players on our team.....amazing

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that we weren't suppose to say Ahmad Carroll of this site anymore, but since we are who was the bigger bust Mandarich or Carroll? Just curious.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carson Palmer? how does a qb get a penalty against them? Delay of game? False start? roughing the blockers? :)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that we weren't suppose to say Ahmad Carroll of this site anymore, but since we are who was the bigger bust Mandarich or Carroll? Just curious.

Mandarich -- much higher pick and we passed up better players for him compared to those we passed up for Carroll.
Reynolds is also a bigger bust than Carroll BTW.

Any bust in the top 10 of the draft is bigger than a bust at picks 20-30. More money to sign these guys and the talent passed up for them is much higher.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
Carson Palmer? how does a qb get a penalty against them? Delay of game? False start? roughing the blockers? :)

Delay of game, intentional grounding (not often though), hitting an in-eligiable receiver, illegal block (on reverses mostly). I don't know about illegal formation, but I think that's on the player lined up wrong. I'm also not certain on who gets tagged for an illegal substitution. I wonder if the QB ends up being tagged with a penalty when it applies to the offense in general, i.e. a coaching error such as illegal substution or formation.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:

Before the end of the year is up.. probably punching a Chad Johnson right in the kisser. :lol: Somebody should.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mandarich by far.

The reasons - we could have had either Barry Sanders or Deion Sanders, probably the best 2 players in their positions in our lifetime, maybe ever. Instead, we drafted Tony Mandarich.

Members online

Latest posts